[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is meditation a meme? >do you meditate? >How long have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0223.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.png
31KB, 720x644px
Is meditation a meme?
>do you meditate?
>How long have you done it?
>did you see any results?
>>
Doesnt work for me, my mind is too disorganised. Maybe it works for normies.
>>
>>18625504
Bump
>>
>>18625504
Bump
>>
>>18625504
It is not a meme. I meditate rarely and the last time I had done it was maybe months ago. The biggest result of meditating that it resets you. No matter if you were angry or happy, once you have done meditating you become very calm and neutral for an hour. I usually do it for 10 minutes and it calms me down when I am very emotional or angry. Suddenly I become this person who doesnt give a fuck about anything, but the effect is usually no more than 2 hours long. Scientists also believe that meditating is good for your heart, as well as your mind.
>>
You bump so you're interested... I don't normally share because 95% of people have no interest.

Try "self-enquiry".
Brief intro:
It's really the point of all meditation.
The goal is to get this thing called "self-realization" (identifying with the body & mind, so you're "enlightened")
>(enlightened, realized etc.... are all loosely defined terms. I hope someday this type of thing is taught properly in a university course)

I suggest reading these books (they're very easy to read and find online free)
-"Nisargadatta Gita"
-"Who Am I?" by Ramana Maharshi
-(optional) "Hunting the I" by Edward Muzika

They're just explanations for self-enquiry, only a novice needs to read books about spirituality... It's actually bad for you since the goal is to think less.

Lastly, to answer your question,
-meditation is a meme, there's thousands, they have different purposes. Self-enquiry is peaceful sometimes, but it's mainly to get "self realization". Imo, if you wanna be "spiritual", just basic Christianity would work but people today are too scientific-minded to get into religions anymore, so meditation is the new "meme".
-I did it for almost a year now.
-Big results, but I won't ruin it for you to explain... I guess you'll be impressed if I tell you: as soon as I began (since I tried so hard and was so good at it) I started experiencing weird stuff
>objects around me were moving by themselves
>lights flickering
>synchronicities: I said something, turned on a radio and the first words were a repeat of what I just said... this happened twice, 2nd time was turning on a TV the news guy said exactly what I last said
>immediately leaving my body-mind (this is the point of self enquiry)
But these kinds of things are useless, just to impress people. Abnormal phenomena can be signs of progress but not always.

Lastly, I promote self enquiry because I'm doing it so I'm totally biased.
>>
Sorry! My dimwitted 15 y/o sister got on the computer and made this post >>18625594

Don't worry, I am 19 years old... My sis gets into my "meditation memes" folders and found self-enquiry jokes all over... She is a tad gullible so she must've taken my bait seriously... I educated her, we're still going trick-or-treating this halloween though we're both too old... We have no friends really, h
dsbgsad;lghdar

DOB'T LISTEN TO HWIM

I'm sorry, she temporarily got a hold of the keyboard... I have to go now
>>
File: 1501961353474.png (277KB, 469x452px) Image search: [Google]
1501961353474.png
277KB, 469x452px
>>18625614
>>
>>18625511
If you kept persistent in it. It would work.
>my minds to disorganized
Nigga please
>>
>>18625640
Maybe, I've tried but I just cant. I do have non medicated ADD so maybe thats related. I'm an adult though so it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>18625655
Self enquiry cured my ADHD, it literally takes you out of your mind/brain area (the organ where thoughts are most concentrate-

PLEASE GET OUT.
>>
>>18625661
I cant self inquire if I dont want to self inquire, which I dont want to do. I'm sure you can relate at some level.
>>
>>18625666
Are you OP? I can recommend other meditations

This article lists a bunch of good ones liveanddare.com/types-of-meditation/

If you don't want me (a 15 year old's brother) to reply anymore, I won't ever again.
>>
Here's my "story":

About a year and a half ago I was falling in to depression, and then for a year I was suicidal, I'm not sure what stopped me from killing myself at times. I would post on forums asking for support and I got nothing, until someone suggested using Headspace. I did the first 10 days and I could feel a little difference, but not much - I wasn't applying these techniques to my every day life.
I am a student and so managed to get a hold of free Headspace, and have been using it since (about 90 or so days I think). I can't believe how much my life has improved, it's insane.
I used to be completely apathetic and sad, I couldn't form meaningful relationships with anyone, even family members were hard to connect to. Now my bonds with my friends are stronger than ever, and my confidence in those relationships has gone up ten fold. I am able to have the self confidence to go out and have fun without feeling guilty or upset.
I even managed to start fancying a girl, which is something I've been unable to do for over a year.
It feels so good to feel emotion again, and not to judge it as "good" or "bad" but simply emotion. If anyone has any doubts about picking this up, I can wholeheartedly say it is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, even my life.

I meditate every day, have been doing it for 100 days in a row now. It's seriously changed my life. Use Headspace if you are a student especially, it's free with student Spotify.
>>
>>18625682
I cant get any real medication in my country without a prescription and I dont really feel like talking to a doctor about it, because its not something I want to do. Its strange but thats just how my mind works.

Also, dont ever admit being under 18 because you'll get banned by the mods.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.