[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So America is shit now and I've been wanting to move to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1502551977161.jpg (80KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
1502551977161.jpg
80KB, 750x742px
So America is shit now and I've been wanting to move to a different country for a long time, and now is the time to do it
I want to go where my ancestors are from, so that gives me Scotland, Ireland, or Germany
Which is the best place to be?
>>
Germanon here, it's beautiful here, just don't go into big cities as they are infected with ideologies and some of them are just not clean.
>>
>>18624882
I've always wanted to visit Germany and see everything there, and it's always been a contender for me to move to due to my genetics and shit, the only thing I'm concerned about are all the refugees. Frankly I don't really give a shit about refugees on a whole, but I've heard about a lot of vi9lence in Germany caused and started by the refugees against the Germans
>why go to a country if you're going to be a dick to everyone who has more of a right to be there than you
Is that something I would have to worry about? Or is everything I'm seeing blown out of proportion
>>
>>18624890
A lot of Germany is quiet so you won't be seeing many people anyways, let alone illegal immigrants (let's call them what they are).

It is true that a lot of crimes are started by them, but it's not like they all rape or anything, a lot of small crimes too. The problem is that they often get ignored by news and people in general.. because they're scared of "racism".

It's not as bad as Sweden though, and you won't notice it as long as you don't live near a shelter or in a major city.

You could still take the train to the cities if you wanted to go shopping or see attractions. I'm sure not every city is that bad though, I just know how it is in Berlin.

The streets tend to be a bit dirtier in the major cities too, especially if you live in an area that has cheap apartments.

South-Germany has a lot of mountains while you don't have any in the north. You also tend to get paid more for simple and productive jobs in smaller cities while big cities give you more career choices.
>>
>>18624890
Germany is shitty is major centers avoid Berlin at all costs , move to a nice place out in the country , I hear Bribog countryside is pretty nice living
>>
>>18624872
Irish here

We're full.
>>
>>18624925
Are there any towns or cities in particular I should look at before anything else? Or what do you think are the best places to be
Also I speak a little bit of German but not enough to have a full conversation. Are most people in Germany bilingual or will I have to become fluent before moving?
>>
>>18624872
I'm from the Republic of Ireland. Nice country, friendly people. Good scenery depending on what areas you're in. At the end of the day you'll be doing the same thing no matter where you go, I. E getting a job and just living. Ireland's just another western country, but as I say, a friendly one.
>>
>>18624943
I know I have some family in Dublin, but I've also heard that in Dublin and bigger cities such as those that the locals aren't too keen on tourists or people who aren't full blooded Irish. Would Dublin be a fine place to be, or should I consider one of the smaller towns ?
>>
>>18624958
Nah that's nonsense, Dublin is built for tourists haha there's so many things to do and see there. I walk down o connell street any day in the summer and there's tourists strolling around everywhere. Americans, Brits, Spanish etc. The only issue I could see is living there is expensive as hell at the moment. We're having a bit of a rent crisis of late. Other than that you won't have any problems. Come for a visit at judge for yourself.
>>
As an american citizen how is America shit ? I've been to Europe a bunch. Germany I've been to 3x and have a cousin living outside Berlin. I'd honestly consider Europe less safe than America. I live outside NYC.

How do you plan to look for work ? You are aware German employers require German fluency? I'm fairly certain the United States has a better job market than the euro zone as well.
>>
>>18624942
Most people speak english, although they have a heavy accent you have to get used to. In shops you can pretty much always speak english, I even had pizza delivery speak english with me once and he did it with everyone, I guess people just accept it.

The big cities often have a lot of trees and it's not like they're all disgusting, they have nature and parks as well. Dirty american streets are not the same as dirty german streets, I guess what I see as dirty is not that bad for other people.

There are parks (also themed ones) that look beautiful and are kept nice and clean where you have to pay a couple of dollars for entrance, and there are some messy ones that are basically like forests with a lot of insects and stuff.

Europe's structure is completely different than in the USA, you probably know that, but there are a lot of small cities that have shopping centers and apartments like cut-out of big cities, but cleaner and without skyscrapers at the center.

Just move in on one of them, best is to find a job first and then look for good places near that job, if you have a car you'll appreciate the good highway structure, it's really easy to get anywhere you'd like.

I was in a small town called Lörrach for example, stayed there for some time, you can look it up, most smaller cities will look like that.

They are often near a bigger city, "Lörrach" for example is near "Freiburg", you can go there if shops in Lörrach don't have what you need.

All of the cities are also near the highway, you could easily drive from one to another.
>>
>>18624958
Nah that's nonsense, Dublin is built for tourists haha there's so many things to do and see there. I walk down o connell street any day in the summer and there's tourists strolling around everywhere. Americans, Brits, Spanish etc. The only issue I could see is living there is expensive as hell at the moment. We're having a bit of a rent crisis of late. Other than that you won't have any problems. Come for a visit at judge for yourself.

>>18625017
America is far less sage than Europe. I suspect you're talking about the immigration malarkey. If so that doesn't effect every country,and the tight gun laws in Europe makes it a lot safer.
>>
But I do have to say, it's probably the best to move to scotland or ireland as they speak english and have beautiful nature too.

They are socially more stable too, probably.
>>
>>18624872
> I want to go where my ancestors are from, so that gives me Scotland, Ireland, or Germany
MUH
>>
>>18624937
Not OP, let me in ireland pls im irish anericam, all the irish moved out of my historically irish neighborhood
>>
>>18624925
I'm not sure what kind of narrative you're trying to spin here. I'm an American soldier stationed in Germany and I can assure you that every small town I've been to so far has a notable muslim population.
>>
>>18625035
Lol how many times have Muslims run over people in Europe recently and the sexual assaults?
>>
>>18625062
A notable one?

There were muslims before the migration crisis, I thought we were talking about illegal immigrants and not muslims in general.

Why do you assume I'm trying to spin a narrative? I stated that I don't like it, I'm just stating my experience, it is no objective fact.
>>
>>18625085
I can only speak for Ireland. And not much at all, if ever. Lol
>>
It's much harder to immigrate than you might think. Do you have an advanced degree and years of experience in a specialized field? If not then why would they take you? The way they see it you'd be stealing a job from one of their citizens.
>>
>>18624937
>We're full.

yeah, of poz loads
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.