[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I ask people I don't know very well / at all to hang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1502055467889.png (36KB, 833x705px) Image search: [Google]
1502055467889.png
36KB, 833x705px
How do I ask people I don't know very well / at all to hang out? I have one friend and I want to expand that, but how do I reduce the chances of rejection when reaching out?
>>
>>18623032

Get to know them before asking to hang out.
>>
>>18623039
How do I get to know them when I spend all my day inside?
>>
>>18623042

Start going out more. Do things with other people, like classes, volunteer work, or that kind of stuff. Then, if you get to know them and things seem wel, you can invite them to hang out. Or they might invite you.
>>
>>18623032
Ask them to join you in a fun activity or something.
>>
>>18623032
Try soft approach first. Basically pick something you enjoy and would do fine by yourself and ask if they wanna come do it as well.

Let's say there is a movie you really like and gonna go watch, just ask your buddy to come there with you casually. Even if he doesn't want to you lose nothing because you were gonna go watch that rad movie anyways.

>Hey!
>I'm going to go to X tomorrow and thought you might enjoy it as well, if you wanna come just text me

or something like that
>>
File: 1502054648685.png (32KB, 150x136px) Image search: [Google]
1502054648685.png
32KB, 150x136px
>>18623060
>>18623050
Would hiking be a cool thing?
>>
>>18623173
Well it could be if you are into it, do you hike by yourself?

The only issue I see with it is that it can be pretty high barrier of entry, if you do decide on that pick a suitable route for his physical fitness and reasonably short or closely located place so it doesn't take too much time investment. Really up to how much he is into you and into hiking of course.

But ye, again you don't lose anything so long as you don't plan anything that absolutely requires you to have company.
>>
>>18623193
New strategy. What if I just ask "do you want to hang out" then set a time if they say yes.
I'm going to ask a few people and those people aren't totally complete strangers to me.
>>
>>18623258
That can also work, except it puts more pressure on you to actually come up with something

If you ask people to join you on a fun activity you already like there is much higher chance people don't consider you boring as opposed to generic hanging out if you fuck up.

I mean you could be hang out master but considering you have no friends I wouldn't take my chances on that bet.

But ye that obviously can also work if you aren't hyper sperg, that's the way people quite normally hang out afterall.
>>
>>18623268
In your experience, what are some examples of fun activities?
Also, thanks for all the help by the way.
>>
>>18623295
Don't ask me what's fun
The entire point is to take what you find fun (possibly what they might also like) and just ask them if they wanna join you next time you do it.

For me personally I'm an autist but I like to cook, so I host dinner + sauna parties like 1-2 times a month to keep in contact with my friends. I invite them and just make food for the people who want to come, and eat some rad as hamburgers if no one else can't come.
It's fun to me and if they don't wanna come because of reasons that just means more burgers or salmon soup or homemade icecream or what ever for me
>>
>>18623306
That's actually pretty cool, man
Thanks
>>
>>18623327
The key is that you would do the stuff whether or not anyone shows up, don't do stuff for them but for yourself. That way you have some personality.

Like hiking isn't bad, we go to walk in nature parks with our group every now and then, just came back from 12 day camping trip in Germany month ago as well, but we are obviously long time good friends.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.