[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I just stop being involved and informed on politics? All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1501212224279.jpg (118KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
1501212224279.jpg
118KB, 650x867px
Should I just stop being involved and informed on politics? All it does is make me angry and or depressed because I just see the flaws in everything. Hardly anyone believes in the ideology I do and it just feels hopeless. Should I just drop it all, would I be happier? Anyone else just drop out of arguing things? I'm also not talking about being a centrist.
>>
>>18622957
>>18622957
There is a big difference between political outrage and political activism. If you are emailing your senators for instance for a cause or are actively pushing for things and hence want to be informed so you can commit to action then by all means it is worth it for you. If you are not actively voting, writing to politicians, helping out campaigns, discussing politics, donating money, protesting, etc. there is no need for you to harm yourself with political outrage. Usually, the really politically informed people aren't in modes of depression or anger bc they realize its been the same shit since forever.
>>
>>18623113
pretty good advice I think, basically OP, if you want moral superiority in discussions its better to stop because even if you loose friends and win an argument the society will still be fucked up... if you actually try to achieve somehting by being politically aware them it is, maybe, good to keep on it, we need more people like that
>>
>>18622957
Let the hate fuel you. Tell your officials to suck eggs and run yourself. Unite your country under a totalitarian government and smash the degeneracy and welfare state.
>>
>>18622957
I've dropped out of politics too. It's frustrating because I am left, but apparently if I am not constantly posting or talking about being left, than other leftists don't think I am left.

I also feel abandoned by most people who stand for POC because I am mixed but I do not look the a beautiful caramel people on tv or lenny kravitz's daughter therefore, I am basically rachel dolezal or a wigger or a fake. but whatever leftists, you're just as racially judgmental as the conservatives you complain about.

I hate having to prove my ideas or my background. I'll only make statements if the person seems normal and able to talk about politics and they really have to ask me first.
>>
>>18622957
Same way OP. I kinda did that, shut out all the politics, blocked that content from social media as best I could.
The most important thing is to keep open to stuff you don't know about or don't have a strong opinion on. You want to keep voting and be intelligent enough on what your thoughts are to vote, but shit you've already formed an opinion on, I don't think it's important to beat a dead horse.
I know there are things I will never change my mind on, and that's the shit I don't waste my sanity reading the opposite opinion on. Shit I don't know much about, I try and find as unbiased sources as possible read both opinions from professional sources, not just your drunk uncle screaming about it on facebook, and make up my mind. That's the most exhausting part these days, finding anything that's not heavily slanted.

Anything that's not to do with a vote though, I just block out because all it does is piss me off and exhaust me. For example, this recent kkk shit. I don't give a fuck about what happened, it's not gonna be on a ballot all I'm gonna do is get pissed and want to kill myself. So I ignore it as best I can.
As you can see though, you'll never be completely in the dark. You'll always be vaguely aware of whats going on.
>>
>>18622957
I feel the same way. I've been trying really hard not to get involved and just go back to being a spectator with no emotional investment, but it just keeps creeping back in every time I try. It's all over the news it's all over the internet, and if it's clouding my mind I start seeing it everywhere, even when it isn't there. It gets me so worked up and stressed and angry, and it leads to this hopeless feeling that I can't shake. It makes me feel unhealthy. I feel like I need to respond to everything, but there's thousands of things to respond to, and none of them will matter because there's so much of it that it drowns itself out. It's horrible. I feel like I really just want to know that everything will be okay if I stayed away from it for a while.
>>
I've gone full blackout on national and international politics.
I pay attention to local stuff because I live in a relatively small town, but that's it.
I'm much happier for it.
>>
Glad everyone's like-minded here even though we definitely don't share the same political views, thanks lads. The problem is as soon as they hear your ideology they will just completely shun you and not listen to you at all
>>
>>18622957
take a break once in a while. in this information age we can be bombarded with 24 hours of negativity, something that would never happen in previous human history.
were not wired biologically to always be angered constantly and our stress levels raised due to a constant primal danger sense being turned on by something that happened hundreds of miles away.

so just take a week off from politics frequently
>>
>>18622957
>>>/pol/
>>
>>18622957
I feel the same way and try to distance myself from all politics because of it. There are too many lies, agendas and weird political sub-plots to keep track of.
>>
>>18622957
if cycles repeat and they do, democracy will fall into anarchy which will be stabilized by a monarchy, which will turn to tyranny and be dissected into aristocracy, which will corrupt into oligarchy and be overthrown and replaced by a democracy.

Just sit back and watch the world turn dude.
>>
>>18622957
I'm about to leave it too. All I wanna do is kick ppl's asses for being all up the fucking ass about left, right, middle, trump, obama, etc.
>>
>>18622957
Hi OP,
last night my gf told me she was embarrassed of me talking in public because of my opinions on politics even though she brought it up. My gf admitted that she has no faith that I'm a good person. I have no harmful opinions, yet my gf of 4 years thinks because of my politics I am a bad person. I have no friends who share my political stance either.

The whole thing is frustrating, yet I still will not give it up. Politics isn't useless, talking politics is usually telling someone how you think the world should be and in turn that tells you something about them. I won't give up talking about politics because I wish to inform people beyond traditional media outlets.

I just meant to rant, because I feel just as you do OP. Good luck hope you find solace on either side of the issue.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.