[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends with people who take self-care seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (8KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 279x181px
How do you make friends with people who take self-care seriously? Who see their level of fitness, health, and well being a PRIORITY?

I've been a door mat for a lot, if not most, of my adult life. For the first half of my 20's I got roped in with a few groups of people with unhealthy and borderline toxic lifestyles. This back half has been me systematically recognizing how I am being negatively affected and who/where this negativity stems - and removing it.

However, now I"m pretty close to friendless, my romantic relationship is falling apart, my body is showing the 10 years of living a life chasing death instead of life, and I am generally in the dumps. In my experience attempting to make connections with fit, healthy, AMBITIOUS people I have been shamed for letting myself get to this point in life, when what I crave is something along the lines of "little homie I can help / we can go through this together". I'd like to be seen as an equal, a fellow human wanting to live a healthy life, not the token alcoholic that the group keeps around to make themselves feel better that they made it to 30 without ever succumbing to illness.

I don't really have a father figure, and have never had any real male, successful male, role models to show me what good healthy behavior is. I dont know if I"m looking for a Mentor, a brother, a friend, or what.
>>
You have to start making the change yourself first. You have to make fitness a priority for yourself. Then you will start going to the gym, eventually start making small talk, and eventually make friends.
>>
>>18622042
Try joining a yoga or meditation class and see if you can meet people there
>>
>>18622118
You know that I already knew that. but I'm a millenial and want to know how to avoid the initial "i'm a piece of shit and i'm alone" and have someone to start that journey with. I know i'm not alone in the world in the "want to get in shape but doesn't want to get a gym membership alone" mentality.

Whats the likelyhood of walking up to some fatty and saying "Whats up fatshit we need to go to the gym wanna join wtih me?" and not getting my ass kicked by a 500lb ball of depression
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.