[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to gradually turn into more of an asshole the older

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x416px
Is it normal to gradually turn into more of an asshole the older you get?

I feel like I'm turning into a bona fide asshole the closer I'm getting to my 30s. When I was younger, I would try to be thoughtful of other people and make excuses for them, then I started caring less and generally did my own thing, but now I feel like I'm just flat-out self interested and most people and the things they do piss me off and get in my way. I used to be tolerant; now I catch myself getting angry at a lot of things and acting mostly in my best interest.

Long story short, I went from what could maybe be called a bit of a pushover when I was way younger, to a (reportedly)uncaring asshole.
>>
I feel I should also add that the self-interested part doesn't apply to the couple people I really, really care about in my life. When It comes to any of them, I feel I'm not so much of an asshole, and it's OUR best interest I keep in mind, not just mine.
>>
Not really. For most people it's the other way around, when they're young they are self centered in the purest sense of the word and just do not fully grasp that other people have emotions and interests as much as they do. Then as they grow older they mellow out, they realize how much shit many people have been through, that even shitty behavior is usually beyond their control (shit childhood, shit personality, whatever) and not exactly a gleeful conscious choice to be a cunt. Plus they become less sensitive and less ego-driven so on top of having more and refined empathy, they just care less about what others say to or think of them which makes it easier to keep your cool and shrug things off.
>>
>>18621967
I think it just wears off, I'm asshole as fuck and have been since junior year, now I'm starting to mellow out cause while I'm a douche, I see it's easier to just be indifferent about others rather than being an outright ass
>>
>>18621967
I used to be fun and gregarious and extremely open to people. Always wanted to hang out with people.

I am 31 now and honestly I dont trust people anymore. I've seen far too many being absolute retards, asshats and just generally unreliable human beings. As you get older your time typically becomes more precious and you can't waste it in just anybody anymore. So I tend to be a dick to people I don't feel are on the same wavelength as me.
>>
>>18622406
This, I don't even try to be an asshole on purpose, I'm just sick to fucking death of ppl who like wasting my time
>>
>>18622406
>>18622421
So why expend energy dicking them when you could just walk on by and not feel a thing? They seem insignificant...

Why do you let them get to you?
>>
>>18622474
Where everyone is overly nice and says yes etc etc I just say no. That appearently is fucking someone over these days.
>>
>>18622480
This. I've even refused insignificant favors that, in hindsight, probably wouldn't have costed me much effort simply because I didn't feel like it, or because I find the person annoying (which is most people these days, it seems).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.