[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's preface by saying I'm good looking, have a nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1502355778379.jpg (32KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1502355778379.jpg
32KB, 540x540px
Let's preface by saying I'm good looking, have a nice job, good education and a healthy bank account. Yet my indifference grows higher every year.

I'm not really sad, but it's as if I can't be bothered to live. Don't really care about getting a gf, don't want to meet anyone (yes I've had gfs before). Don't want to study further. Don't even care much about the money since my hobbies are cheap as fuck. If something comes along that's nice I guess, but I'm not actively aiming for anything.

Am I suffering from chronic depression? Maybe I just lack purpose in life? Do YOU have a purpose?
>>
Diagnosis : Depression
>>
>>18620575
do you want an apprentice? plz teach
>>
>>18620584
>plz teach
Get a useful STEM degree from a respectable University. Don't fall for the memes, no University is worth debt. Don't fall for the 2nd wave of memes that only the Big 5 are good. Sell your soul and enter the financial industry, they love code monkeys that can read a balance sheet.
>>
>>18620596
I am doing that.
I am slightly worried life will lead to where you're coming from. What do you think it means to live, to feel alive?
>>
>>18620617
You're on a good path then, just make sure you like what you're doing. Don't fall for the 3rd wave of memes that money is everything.

I always had problems connecting emotionally with people, and now that I'm in a comfortable stage in life I don't feel what is the next step. Like, am I supposed to just stay doing this shit for a couple decades? What should I aim for?
I'm really understanding why some people get desperate for families when they hit 30-something.
>>
>>18620639
Well, given your lax position financially and general security - you ought to consider what interests you most, I think. It's hard, since we've been choosing what's most right instead of what most entertains us majority of life.

Music? Learn a language? Help others and through that, help yourself?
Maybe rediscover that youth you've repressed to get through so much of life.
I don't know, I find it hard to imagine what I'd do personally, if I was in your position. Still have to secure a job. Go to Barcelona?
It's important to have friends, probably. Do you have anyone you'd like to be friends with?
I'm really curious on how you'll approach this new chapter of yours. It's a complete mystery to me.
>>
>>18620655
Pursuing passions is a good advice. The difficult part is the beginning: When apathy controls you, it's hard to be productive instead of just being on 4chan all day. Setting goals is paramount. I'll read more history, maybe learn Japanese and do some side projects with neural nets.

Also yeah, friends make everything better. [spoiler]This little conversation made me smile too, so thanks
>>
>>18620687
I've been unironically wanting to learn Japanese as well. It's just hard to find genuine reason behind the irrationality. Do you have any good reasons? The only ones I can think of is going to 2020 Olympics and gaining new concepts from a radically different way of speaking.
I'm happy to help you smile - it's the small interactions that make things better. Hard to work around the expectations when you're by yourself a lot.
>>
>>18620690
Do you know another language? Because believe me, none of them will feel useful compared to English. Almost everything has an English version.

I want to learn for weeb reasons mainly, like reading LNs and other stuff that has no translation. I'd only learn a language like French if I had decided to live there. Just learn what makes sense for your daily needs or future employment plans
>>
Chronic depression is bipolar iirc?

When i was really depressed i turned my life around by going to work in a kitchen, i've always been into more artsy things but never persued it in my life. I'm happier now then i've been in my whole life. Purpose in life is pretty important.
>>
>>18620575
Life is not about happiness, that's a lie. Life is about meaning, doing something more than have a thick bank account, gfs, entertainment. That's where the real scary part starts of you figuring out what gives meaning to your life, since it is not career.
>>
>>18620700
Well let me know if you want a Japanese studying partner
Still have to consider whether it's worth it or not. Most VNs I've read are already translated.
>>
>>18620575
It's not chronic depression. How can it be depression when you don't care about anything in life. You are just lazy, lazy enough to not be bothered by anything. Yes I have a purpose, to make my genes onto the next generation successfully.
>>
>>18620780
Depression is not about sadness you know.

>>18620758
Eh, add me on discord if u want blopblop#5486
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.