[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Stealing" from store Say I worked at Best Buy. With

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

"Stealing" from store

Say I worked at Best Buy. With employee discount, I get cheap products. Would an employee be stupid to flip for cheap profits and risk losing job, possible lawsuit and such, or would Big Daddy corporate be none the wiser?
>>
Here's how this plays out: even with your discount the margins are going to be slim if you want decent interest. Margins too slim to make you comfortable with risking your job because someone has a big mouth. But then you realize that if boxes "go missing" or returns magically have their contents replaced with similarly weighted rocks, then your margins are way healthier. And that's when you get arrested.

Don't bother. Save your discount for self and family.
>>
So you want to buy items with your staff discount, and then onsell the items? I doubt your staff discount is enough to make it worth it.
>>
>>18620182
Varies by item. But say an Xbox is 250. With discount it's like 180. I could sell for 220. Buyer saves 30. I make 40.
>>
>>18620201
That's a 28% discount. If they're offering that much to employees, you bet your ass they're watching for this shit.
>>
>>18620201
The customer could probably just wait for a sale. Also large numbers of purchases using your staff discount are going to set off alarm bells in your store. There is no way you're going to make any significant amount of money with this.
>>
>>18620217
Probably right. Probably manage $100 before corporate starts keeping an eye. Never mind. Dark thoughts enter at night.
>>
>>18620158
If youre so wired to be a capitalist this way im surprised you havent discovered amazon fba...

Go buy shit from liquidation centers and wal mart clearance and put it on amazon at a mark up.

Faster easier more legal money.
>>
>>18620158
take off the packajing before you leave the building, even if no metal detectors be safe anon, be safe
>>
You're an absolute moron if you do this at best buy, they've delt with this so much in the past it's absurd and they will punish you to the full extent

really really not worth it imo
>>
>>18620158
Step 1: Don't
Step 2: No seriously, don't.
>>
>>18620158
>or would Big Daddy corporate be none the wiser?

they brought up this scenario more than once during the hiring process, i'd say you're an idealist
>>
>>18620158
All you need to do is create a fake identity as a proxy to be your mule. This is like embezzlement 101
>>
>>18620201
There's still shipping, you tard. Way too much fucking effort for $20.
>>
>>18620201
Consoles aren't discounted, you dummy.

You're going to get caught anyway. They will notice if you start buying tons of shit)(the only way to make any money), and you will get fired. I've seen it happen many times.
>>
>>18620408
>what is craigslist
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.