[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male here, I've never changed my hair colour before and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Cloromax_YMAL.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cloromax_YMAL.png
38KB, 250x250px
Male here, I've never changed my hair colour before and am thinking of going platinum/white, maybe putting another colour on the tips. Does bleaching hurt? I've always had thick af hair and bad dandruff so I'd say my scalp is pretty sensitive but my hair is a light brown/dark blonde.
>>
Don't bleach your hair yourself at home.
>>
>>18620122
Nah, getting it all done at a salon for sure. I just don't know if stylists etc have magic ways to prevent burns and what not
>>
>>18620114
mix cleaning bleach and ammonia it makes a nice brown color. and yeah dye that shit, but not white you fucking idiot
>>
>>18620140
Of course they do, they know what they're doing. Go and talk to someone in real life.
>>
>>18620141
Mate why not? Platinum will be nice and shiny right?
>>
File: CoWRaYXW8AEhrUp.jpg (50KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
CoWRaYXW8AEhrUp.jpg
50KB, 750x721px
>>18620114

Oh boy.

Okay, so, first: I'd say it's best if you just went to a professional. Seriously. They are best equipped for what you want to do, and their products are all high quality, meaning that IT HURTS LESS.

For starters: platinum blonde/white is an extremely hard colour to achieve from a dark colour. It WILL hurt (as it in it's going to burn like a motherfucker) considering the amount of time it has to stay on, the type of bleach you have to use, and other factors. It is not recommended to go from dark brown to platinum in one go. In most cases, you'll need to lighten it first to a darker blonde, give your hair EXTENSIVE repairing treatment, and then proceed to do a second round of bleach before then toning your hair, which also burns.

If you fuck up your bleaching or toning process? Your hair will break off. It will fall off. Worst case scenario, you go bald, and your scalp suffers chemical burns.

You say you have thick hair: are you able to withstand your scalp burning whilst the treatment is taking place with the bleach, while you cover ALL of your hair? You risk uneven patches of dyed hair if you're not quick enough with your work, or if you miss too many spots at once, since self-dyeing is difficult to many people who aren't professionals.

Seriously, just go to a professional. They may charge you about 40-100 bucks for it, and it's worth it. The experience is less painful, the products they use are of a higher quality, and the result looks (generally) a lot better than if you do it at home, esp if you're trying to combine an ombre or dyed tips with a bleach job.
>>
>>18620169
>They may charge you about 40-100 bucks for it, and it's worth it.
Until a few weeks' time when his dark roots start coming through
>>
^ Not to mention: white and platinum are EXTREMELY difficult to maintain on your own. Your colours will go awry in the tips over the course of a few weeks, but white and platinum will start to be overrun by your original hair colour in only a week or two. You'd better be prepared for extensive bleaching treatment. If you have virgin hair, good luck with that. It will take a beating after a while.
>>
>>18620180

Was just about to add that to my post. Either way, it's better than risking it looking like shit. You can get away with roots for a while, but eventually, you realise you can't maintain platinum and white forever without a professional. It's exhausting and costly.
>>
Thanks guys, I had no intention of doing it myself haha but I hadn't really regarded the issue of regrowth & maintenance. I won't be doing it, hair grows way too quick.
>>
>>18620397

I would encourage you to do it at least once, professionally. It's fun to see how something as simple as a hair colour change can transform everything that you know about your physical features.

After that, just dye it back to brown or black. Easy! It's fun to experiment, but it takes a lot of commitment to do something long-term and have it still look good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.