[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one say no to drugs and alcohol in a casual or party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1497133471323.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497133471323.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
How does one say no to drugs and alcohol in a casual or party setting without coming off as a stickler or asshole? I like to party but dislike the negative effects of those substances.
>>
"No thanks"
>>
I just tell people I'm an Ascetic. They can deal with it or not.
>>
Depends on your age. If you're below 25, there is no good way. Some shithead will argue literally any excuse you give. You could say that you're allergic and they'll beg you to try some "just to make sure."

After that age cutoff it's exactly the opposite. People won't even question a no-thank-you. Outright saying that you just don't drink or do drugs can be met with respect in good crowds.
>>
Usually I just go with being the designated driver.
>>
>>18620040

"Nah I'm good"
>>
>>18620045
>>18620056
Op Here. These are not effective. It seems people just assume you're too "up-tight".
>>
>>18620061
Are you in high school or something? If you say no and someone keeps bugging you just walk away.
>>
>>18620064
I live with these people
>>
>>18620061
You hang out with retards then.
>>
Anon, what ever is the issue with being blunt as you've been with us? Nobody has a problem if you say "nah man, if I take acid I end up in a bad headspace" or "if I take ecstasy the comedown hits me really hard" or for weed... I don't know for weed. Me, personally, I actually feel super tired the next day with weed, so that's my excuse.

Just be blunt and honest, and word it carefully. The worst is people will think you're a bitch, but people will think that over sillier things anyway
>>
>>18620040
you say yes to alcohol, and spit it in druggies eyes
>>
>>18620040

>no thank you, I'm not really into (Insert alcohol or drugs here).

if people ask why simply follow up saying
>i plan to try it one day, but i dont think I'm ready now
>you may then cite some example of using say, alcohol that just didnt work for you

if people act like you're an asshole its because they are little bitches and need to check themselves.
>>
>>18620040
You literally answered your own question.
"I like to party but dislike the negative effects of those substances."

If they push it further just leave the room, it's so insignificant it would be odd if they didn't forget about it. I'd even ask them why they're so keen on getting you fucked up to begin with, like you're going to spread it for them? Is one of them gay and want to take advantage of you? Usually that's enough for them to drop it. I'm usually the only person who gets drunk at a party and it never fucking matters.
>>
Haven't drink or done drugs since I was 16. As long as you're still a fun and interesting person at the party/casual setting then "nah I'm good, but cheers" works every time.

If they try to make you look like an uptight asshole, don't get angry or offended. Just laugh and lightly say "who cares?"

If they keep pestering then it'll be clear to everyone else at the party that they're an asshole. Don't overthink it
>>
>>18620070
You live with high schoolers.
>>
>>18620040
if you're too weird to just say "no thanks" just carry around a beer or something that looks like a mixed drink and take tiny sips or fake sips
>>
>>18620040
>no thanks
Wow that was fucking hard
>>
usually, "oh I'm good dude" as all that's required.

If you need an excuse just say your job randomly piss tests you and most people won't bat an eyelash.
>>
>>18620040
Most people are going to understand if you don't want to smoke if you mention getting tested for drugs at work or if you're looking for new work. That's the main reason I never smoked and why I abstain from it for long periods.

Drinking is a bit different. As long as you're not that creepy ass sober guy trying to hit up the drunk girl then you should be fine saying "I'm good man". Don't offer a lecture on why just leave it at that.
>>
>>18620070
>>18620061
>>18620040
"No thanks" is the perfect answer
Either you are a fucking moron or they are
No one will think less of you, if they take the drugs chances are high they won't even remember that you declined in less than 10 minutes
Another guess would be that you overthink it massively like a sperg because you take yourself as very important
you are not
they will move on
>>
Na dude I'm good
>>
>>18620061
Stop pretending and try it sometime anon.
>>
Assume a slouched pose, arrythmically bob your head back and forth and slur, "Nah thanks man, I've had way too many, I gotta drive" while pretending to hold back your puke. If they are suspicious, start shuffling back and forth while waving your arms, as if you can barely keep your balance. To top it off, dramatically fall on the ground while grasping for something fragile, like a vase or a tablecloth carrying several bottles of liquor. If he's still not gone by then, pretend you're passed out until he gets distracted by something else.
>>
>>18620040
Who cares? Just tell them drugs are fine but you just don't take yourself. If they think you are then somehow not cool enough then they can suck a dick.
When they offer and you kindly refuse there shouldn't be a problem. T. Dutch guy
>>
>>18620040
You over think it really, most people will not give a shit if you don't drink unless you're younger than the legal age lol. Only teenagers get antsy about non drinkers because they can become snitches easily.

But if you really must have an excuse, saying you need to drive later, or have work early in the morning are the normal excuses.

Drugs might be a different story though, since that whole "snitch" factor is still at play regardless of age. Even still, my friends are basically on acid/shrooms 24/7 and they never said anything when I said no. I've got a job that requires me to have zero record, even so much as a parking ticket can make me look bad, so I stay clear of all illegal activity.
They did stop inviting me to parties though. Not really a malicious thing, just if you were gonna go bowling and your one friend doesn't like to bowl, there's no point in inviting them is there? They knew I wasn't going to partake in the main activity of the night so they didn't bother asking anymore.
>>
>>18620061
"that shit dont work for me" this used to work for me, if they insist I would usually follow with " theres enough drunkards in my family, I dont have the mental fortitude to not become one more so I dont drink not even a bit" usually they just used to say "okay fine" in the middle of the sentence though
>>
>>18620040
you will come across as lame at a party where everyone is drinking and youre not.....

just drink some beer, its pretty weak and take your time drinking it, 1 or 2 beers an hour wont fuck you up
>>
>>18620040
Just be like, no thanks a glass of water/soda witll do. Do that and just be upbeat and casual about it.

People usually want others to drink because they want them to have a good time too, if you already come off as having a good time they shouldnt mind.
>>
Just say "No thanks" and if they make a fuss about it tell them that you just don't want and you don't have to explain yourself. They only reason they would want you to use these substances so hard is because they want to find a way to validate their shitty habit - "if other people do it then it's fine".
>>
>>18620040
Unless it's weed, Just say someone on your family killed himself over an addiction.
>>
>>18620040
Pull out the Bible and start lecturing them on the dangers of hard illicit substances. They'll be entirely respectful thereafter.
>>
>>18620040
Tell them you have work tomorrow. If they keep up the pressure reverse it on them and push them to take shots. If they say no call them a pussy. Say holy shit, if you don't work tomorrow why are you being such a gaywad, hurry up and take your shots.
>>
>>18620040
Fill a large flask with water.
>>
>>18620040
Just say no? Someone trying to getting you into drugs is probably more of an asshole to be honest.

Nothing against people smoking weed, but they should ask if you take a drug before trying to give you some.
>>
I don't drink , but at parties people assume I do because I come off like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>18620040
Tell them you are muslim.
>>
>>18624459
Since when has that stopped people?

I know muslims who everything except pork. Cos "lol pork is a major sin unlike substance abuse faggot".
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.