[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just turned 18, just left school, soon will be leaving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hml.png (23KB, 662x967px) Image search: [Google]
hml.png
23KB, 662x967px
I've just turned 18, just left school, soon will be leaving the town I've lived in my entire life.

Everyone I've ever gotten to know, everyone I grew up with, everyone I went to school with will be going away, doing their own thing and I'll likely never see many of them again.

I wasn't popular, I didn't have many friends, and I only kept in contact with a small handful of people.

I regret it. I'm filled with regret with what could have been. I feel nostalgic, but I also feel like I missed out of once in a life time memories.

I wish I made more friends, I wish I wasn't so antisocial, I wish I experienced more in my youth instead of playing Xbox or laying in bed all day.

I understand some may see being 18 as a new beginning, but I am struggling to let go of the past, and life that I have known it for 18 years.
>>
6 months from now, you won't give a fuck.
>>
I was like you. You need to just start college and get an education asap.
>>
It isn't just a meme, high school is legitimately just totally irrelevant. I was popular in high school and talk to like maybe 2 people still, and even then only every few months. It matters exactly 0
>>
>>18619666
SATAN HAS SPOKEN
>>
>>18619605
When you start talking to adults about all the great times they had in their youth, you will find they usually talk about their twenties.

I was in your boat, OP. I went to community college and eventually dropped out. All my friends went away to great universities and some stopped coming home completely. It hurt me a lot, and I made posts just like the OP. I've moved on by finding friends in the neighborhood and making an effort to go out.
>>
>>18619683
>high school is legitimately just totally irrelevant
That's not true. People meet life-long friends or romantic partners in highschool. Some people have even been friends since elementary. No stage of life is worthless.

>>18619605
I feel likewise OP. It's a bitter feeling that grows the older you get.
>>
>>18619695
So... don't start college and get an education?
>>
>>18619683
Great. I suffered for nothing.
(not op btw)
>>
>>18619683
>>18619720
What *happens* in high school is (almost always) irrelevant once you go out into the real world, but that doesn't mean that the people you meet there are irrelevant. I'm in touch with probably about four people from my high school, two of whom were my best friends then and still are. What we did and how 'unpopular' and everything else from back then doesn't affect our lives, we are so much more than that now.
>>
>>18619739
I'm specifically talking about extracurricular activities and good relationships, which will be immensely beneficially in the real world.
>>
>>18619750
I'm talking about things like drama and 'popularity' which don't matter in the real world.
>>
>>18619666
it's like you want op to stay miserable..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.