[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm weak. I feel afraid and somewhat trapped. This January

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm weak. I feel afraid and somewhat trapped.

This January my abusive ex gf broke up with me and left me more depressed than I had ever been in my life. I got put on new meds, started feeling miraculously better. Then by chance I meet this chubby chick on Tinder. We hit off and I think she's the best person I've ever met.

For some reason no matter how good it looked on paper, after a few weeks, I started feeling very numb and detatched. I slowly started taking myself off depression meds to see if it would help.

Then suddenly in May my ex contacts me out of the blue. It's a whirlwind of emotions. I manage to shrug her off with the help of my new gf, but I just can't get her out of my mind. A month later, I lose control and try to date my ex again; I realized my mistake when she made me so anxious and afraid that I became physically violently ill. My new gf, though she was badly hurt, supported me through all of this.

Since then, things got better, then worse, then better again, but it has never been the same. I've realized that now, instead of dating a psychopathic, narcissistic lying cunt, I'm dating a possibly bi-polar woman-child who acts like she's 13. She's so sweet, kind, and understanding, but she just can't get her shit together and keeps falling apart. I've lost almost all interest in her yet I can't bring myself to leave her. What the hell do I do? I'm afraid of being alone again. I'm afraid of not being good enough for the kind of woman I want to fall in love with, and I'm afraid of the shadow of my past clouding my future. I'm so hurt when I see people all around me getting something I wish I could have. Help me, anons.

I've re-downloaded Tinder but I can't get myself to open it...
>>
>>18619314
You can't keep your shit together and you think you deserve better than a nice girl who sometimes has emotional episodes? She gave you compassion when you tried to date someone else and you can't give her the same in return? I say, break up with her because she deserves someone who appreciates her.
>>
>>18619314
You should work on yourself before actually being in a relationship. Sure date other people. Dont get into a relationship until youre over your ex & know what you want.. Dont get into a relationship until youre more sure of yourself. Look at yourself as a foundation (like a buildings foundation) you & that other person build from each other. Your current relationship sounds toxic. Only you can suck it up & either fix it or leave.
>>
>>18619321
It's a lot, lot more than just that. I should have put in more detail.

I have ADD, she has very very severe ADD. Her bedroom is completely destroyed (carpey ruined, huge holes in walls, shit strewn everywhere), she has virtually no money, is almost always at odds with her family, and has constant issues related to the above or to anxiety/depression. I have done a LOT for her and her parents. I have helped her get her room clean, I've encouraged her to be healthy and start saving money, I have spent TONS of money on her and done many, many things for her; and nothing changes.

I'm moving forward in life. I'm generally more confident in myself, I'm learning computer science to have a great career, and a lot of the time I feel very comfy in life. Every once in a while though, I break down like this. I've had much, much worse, I'm just asking for advice because I don't know where to go from here.

You're also right, though. She deserves someone stronger who is willing to really carry her through all of her issues. I just don't have the strength to keep doing things for her. It's a very one-sides relationship. She deserves someone I guess that isn't so bothered by her flaws.
>>
It's just that I feel like I'm ready for a much more mature relationship with someone that is truly good for me. I just don't know where/how to find that. I'm very anxious and I feel like the clock is ticking. I'm 23, I don't want to wait until I'm 35 to get married.
>>
Do you know the type of woman you want or do you just have a vague goal of "better" and more mature?
>>
>>18619360
Dont let her drag you down then dude
>>
>>18619384
It's kinda vague. I definitely need someone who can appreciate me for who I am, yet also look out for me and inspire me to be better and stronger. I don't want someone who just accepts my flaws. I want someone who can be my equal and who can also be the stronger person when I need it, and I can be the stronger person when they need it. Someone who is mature but can also appreciate youthfulness. Serious yet playful. Someone who takes their life seriously but doesn't take themselves too seriously.
>>
>>18619396
Thanks bruh
>>
>>18619437

Sounds like an ideal relationship.

Make sure she has a solid foundation. A steady job or is going to school, and healthy relationship with friends. Someone who doesn't complain, has hobbies, has things she's involved in. You can see the signs of mental health in their life style.

I'm sorry you had a difficult time, don't allow this to make you bitter. If you do you'll never be happy
>>
File: 1501906438606.gif (2MB, 1208x860px) Image search: [Google]
1501906438606.gif
2MB, 1208x860px
>>18619314
I passed for something similar.

The best thing to do is to focus on yourself.

It doens't matter how many woman you found, you will not take away the feelings for your ex if you do not focus on bettering yourself. other woman will only serve as escapism of your true feelings.

I know how hard this can be man...good lucky.

Ask anything if you want.
>>
Thank you so much, everyone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.