[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22, have started college and have absolutely no money,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 6685.DrillSergeant.png (304KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
6685.DrillSergeant.png
304KB, 500x205px
I'm 22, have started college and have absolutely no money, with student loans from government (Canada) I still need an additional 15k to finish it (About to start 2nd year next week) I applied for bank student loans and lines of credit and the maximum I could get without a co-signer was 6k. I live with my mom and using her as a cosigner I can't get anything at all because she has a shit credit history, I worked this summer but after the first two weeks my tendinitis got so bad that I only made about 2k that I used to pay some bills and help my mom around the house, at some point I considered asking one of my mom's friends to co-sign for me but I think that it's too much to ask someone that isn't my family.

Any advice on how to afford school seeing that military isn't an option for me (permanent resident).
Thanks
>>
self-bump?
>>
>>18618679

Talk to the University and explain the situation. They want you attend (presumably, they did admit you after all). They're very likely willing to work with you, maybe even waive the difference in cost. They have endowments exactly for this kind of thing
>>
I thought university was "free" in Canada like it is "free" in the rest of Europe?
>>
>>18619364
When I was at McGill it tuition was like $500 a semester for Quebec residents and $2k for other Canadians. It is surprising op can't put that together.

Have you talked to the school about a work study job? Lots of students work part time in college offices to help pay for school.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.