[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gf is getting mad because all my interests revolve around being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: comuter.jpg (74KB, 473x383px) Image search: [Google]
comuter.jpg
74KB, 473x383px
gf is getting mad because all my interests revolve around being on the computer or eating good food and nothing else.

I do game development a lot so i'm not exactly a piece of shit but I'll spend 95% of my time at my desk, either playing video game, watching youtube videos, reading things here, or working on my game and learning new art/programming things.

I feel like I have many interests, but for her it's "computer" and I have no life. I don't really have friends and I don't really enjoy spending time with other people than her. She's very close to her family and we often go eat diner and do things with them but every time I go I feel like I could just be spending time working on my game or having fun alone at home.

She went on a vacation with her family for like 2 months and I basically left the house to get groceries and that's it. She's giving me shit because "that"s what you're doing with your life?" but I actually had a great time.

Part of me wants to surrender to the normie life and change to make her happy, but the bigger part feels like that's just who I am and what I truly like and that I might be with the wrong person.

What would you do?
>>
>>18618617
You should never feel that you have to change who you are as a person to make someone else happy.

You aren't doing anything wrong. They are your interests. You're working and enjoying yourself. That's all that matters. If she can't accept that, find someone who will.
>>
Is your gave development an actual job or just a hobby you hope to make money out of one day because you're a NEET?
>>
>>18618636
the latter, although I just finished college and am applying to job offers online. I'm kind of living the neet life while I'm unemployed but I do look actively for a job.
>>
>>18618617

What is it about her life that she thinks is so fun and exciting? Is she an outdoors type?

Maybe just find a compromise and do some fun activities together like rock climbing/festivals/carnivals/nature walks/picnics in nice locations

If either of you have a dog you can take them for scenic walks. Even as a NEET this shit is doable, relaxing and somewhat fun
>>
>>18618646
>I do game development so I'm not exactly a piece of shit
>But it's just a hobby and I'm a NEET
>>
>>18618670
well I can't say it's a job but I do intend to sell my games but I don't want to count that as a job since it's so risky. I'm aiming to get a job in the following months and keep working on the games in the meantime.
>>
>>18618680
Have you always been this way? How long have you been together?
>>
>>18618617
>when i am with her outside i keep thinking how i could spend time on my game or having fun at home
Sounds like you dont want gf in the first place. Realize what has higher priority: your own life or some girl and then act like it.

>surrender to the normie life
Just get a job.
>>
>>18618684
yes, all my life the most of my time was on the computer.

We've been together 7 years now and it's always been somewhat of an underlying problem but it comes and goes depending on the severity of events like the vacation/me not "doing anything" for 2 months.
>>
SEVEN YEARS and you're not married?
Jesus. If this girl can put up with you for that long, you best try to make her somewhat happy. If you like her, anyway. Give her at least one or two times a week where you do what she wants.
>>
Her attitude is a bit rough. But you also should try to see it from her point of view. When she's with you either you are at your computer zoned in on what ever is entertaining you. Or if you are with her she might feel like you are just waiting to get back to your things and only talk about what you do at your computer.

Also how is the game development going? 99% of people who decide "I'm gonna write a book" or "I'm gonna make a video game" fail miserably especially because they do it at home and get distracted as fuck and don't really have the mental grit to plow through something like that. Also making good vidya alone is even harder than writing a book since you have to have many different skills.

I would recommend trying to do stuff she likes to do every now and then. Since you have the whole day to yourself it shouldn't be that bad to sacrifice few hours for your relationship.
>>
She is getting tired of being your mother. You have accomplished nothing in your life and are just a leech on her. She wants you to become an adult finally.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.