[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ Several years ago I used to be very ugly and of course

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-05-13_20.51.09.jpg (3MB, 1611x2719px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-13_20.51.09.jpg
3MB, 1611x2719px
Hello /adv/
Several years ago I used to be very ugly and of course I was bullied by Chads, shamed etc.
And naturally that had a really negative effect on my confidrence

During the course of those years I drastically and I mean very drastically Improved my looks, my body and face and so on.

But here's the problem a childhood,highschool of being treated like shit can't go away in a day. IT has semi-pemanant affects on your confidence so how can I fix this?

I have been aproached by some girls several times but I pussied out because I feel like I'm beeing boring or they are out of my leauge even tho I'd rate my self 8/10 I guess my mindset is a probelm.

Alan Watts's philospohy has helped drasticly but It's not enough.
I need advice from real people.

What would you do if you where in my situation?

>pic related it's me
>>
Real person here.
1. What the fuck are you wearing over your shirt? You look like you've made an improvement, Those are great jeans and nice watch, but JESUS sweater vest is a bit much.

2. I'm in the same boat as you. I was always a good looking kid but I had long hair in middle school so I got bullied for it.

3. You have to reclaim yourself honestly. Being good looking is power, and having been bullied means you'll never be a Chad. You'll always recognize yourself as you once were. The trick is to recognize yourself not only as you once were, but that inside the mask of who you are now. You might always be self-conscious inside, but that doesn't mean you have to let that be who you are outside.

4. I know. Shitty advice. But to actually change yourself inside you need a therapist and even then it's 50/50 you make any tangible progress.
>>
You've improved yourself physically, but it seems like you've neglected yourself mentally.

My advice would be to focus on introspection for a while. Dig deep into your own psyche. Learning to meditate can aid you in this, as can drugs i.e. marijuana or psychedelics (should be a last resort imo because it can backfire and fuck you up).

True confidence can only be achieved by gaining thorough knowledge, understanding and acceptance of yourself.

Also a bettee fashion sense wont hurt >>>/fa/
>>
>>18618611
>>18618628
Funny thing is people compliment me on my sense of fashion diferrent tastes i guess.

And yes it seems the trouble does lie deep inside my mind meditation and a theraphist might help
I really hate myself for being so shy tho.
>>
>>18618638
I feel that.

The better advice I've seen on it is to get practice just talking to randos daily.
Talk to hot girls whenever you can. People don't usually mind strangers being friendly, and if they do, you don't look like the asshole
>>
>>18618638
Hating yourself will only make you feel miserable and more prone to developing a victim complex. You learn nothing from hatred.

Try this: whenever a though starts with "I hate..." replace it with "I'm not satisfied with..." and end it with "...and xyz are things I'm going to do to improve it".
>>
>>18618588
>Rating yourself an 8/10

Clearly you still have all the confidence you need and don't need our help.
>>
>>18618628
Drugs will most likely just fuck your head up, it pisses me of that people keep offering drugs as some sort of solution to problems
>>
>>18618664
I have confidence when i am alone but i don't have confidence to aproach women for reasons stated.
>>
Imo the best looking people don't try too hard. I'd suggest loosing the vest and let your hair be messy sometimes. Men are attractive because they can be sexy without all the products women need, use that to your advantage.
>>
>>18618588

Practice
"put on your cool face"
Be prepared for rejection, even Chads and Stacies get rejected all the time, they just shrug it off and go for the next piece of tail
>>
Alan Watts has helped me a lot too! He puts forward amazing insight. I second trying psychedelics as a tool for self-understanding. Advice from experience. Though I still have pretty much no social life at least I dont feel so depressed over it anymore.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.