[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend that I've sort of had a thing for, and who seemed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: beanie mountain.png (409KB, 548x439px) Image search: [Google]
beanie mountain.png
409KB, 548x439px
A friend that I've sort of had a thing for, and who seemed to have a thing for me, doesn't seem to want to hang out with me anymore after he looked up a blood disorder that I have. He seemed super nice and eager to hang out but then he asked me about the disorder and right after he looked it up online he seemed strange and then just stopped contacting me and when I tried to ask him to hang out he made it seem like it would be too difficult to coordinate something. I feel like crap now. This blood disorder causes me enough problems but for something like this to happen just really makes me upset. I used to try to be secretive about the disorder because I knew the symptoms are not the most flattering, but that became too stressful and I ended up losing my job because I was having trouble with it and didn't tell anyone until it was too late. I guess I really don't know what to do now. He seemed to want to hang out almost weekly before, but not anymore...
>>
>>18617608
Gonna need details or any advice is just wasted effort.
Whats your condition.
>>
>>18617612
Hmph ok.
Pyroluria.
Not only are the symptoms unflattering, but there is some controversy surrounding it.

Honestly debating on just calling it something else from now on.
>>
File: 8989.jpg (133KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8989.jpg
133KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>18617616
Looks to me like the main symptoms are anxiety based and I don't feel like that would be a deal breaker to most guys? Are you sure that he's not as keen as he was because of the disorder or is that your anxiety torturing you?
>>
>>18617691
Well there's the whole schizophrenia thing listed in the symptoms heh. And the controversy thing surrounding it too, but if you didn't find anything on it in your search maybe he didn't either. I suppose it could just be me being paranoid. I'm definitely having problems lately with the pills I take which doesn't help.
>>
>>18617727
I don't have anything invested in you so I just picked a top result and scanned to get the cause/symptoms/treatment in under 60 seconds, and he probably read a little closer than that. I'm also familiar with medical terminology so the way I read pages about diseases is totally different to the way someone who isn't would.

I want to say to you though: the fact that he looked it up shows he cares. If he didn't give a shit about you it would have gone in one ear and out the other.

The only thing I can really think of is that he's got it in his head that it's sexually transmissible.

I also suffer from an ultra-orphan blood disorder that no one has ever heard of and my tip would be that I always slip that into my 25-words-or-less explanation which usually goes something like "Oh yeah I've got such and such and it's not too bad realistically, I mean it's not heritable or transmissible or anything and as long as I'm on treatment I'll live a totally normal life."
>>
>>18617608
I googled your condition and a lot stuff came up but he would be stupid to think that all of them apply to you. when you get the chance try to explain to him what it is and how it affects you personally
>>
>>18617744
Yeah I did think it was a nice gesture that he wanted to look it up but at the same time I kind of wish he didn't because now I'm worried he read something bad about it.

I have never read about it being transmissible or anything like that so I don't know if that would be it. He also knew about me having it before, but just didn't look it up until later.

Yeah I usually try to keep my explanation really vague like say oh I just have to take these pills for a blood disorder or I get tired etc. I don't really go into detail. Thinking of maybe starting to call it anemia instead...
>>
>>18617745
I was thinking about just trying not to mention it again but if the topic comes up again I may try this thanks
>>
File: 2017-08-13-05-25-18-.jpg (6KB, 229x219px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-13-05-25-18-.jpg
6KB, 229x219px
>>18617608
The first thing that pipe up is this. If I was a man and not hopelessly in love yet I'd run away too. You should probably explain to him that with your treatment you don't get any symptoms, if that's true.

I've had boyfriends with severe mental health issues, it's never a good time. People with those types of issues can be very abusive and send people running for the hills.

Ps good luck and nice picture of daddy Ethan
>>
>>18617879
Yeah...that's what I was thinking. People with mental illness can be bad news even though they can't help it unfortunately. And I think he probably has experience with it. Yeah my symptoms are pretty much cleared up mostly so I feel sad if I am being judged on something that isn't even true for me. Fuck I wish I had just not told him the name.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.