[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got caught speeding on the highway, 75 in a 55. Fair enough,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1876345.png (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1876345.png
65KB, 800x600px
Got caught speeding on the highway, 75 in a 55. Fair enough, my fault. Cop asked for my insurance and registration, I accidentally gave him 2 expired insurance cards (it was my moms car, now mine, she kept all of the cards including expired ones in the glove compartment). The officer just said "so you don't have it" and just walked back to his car with my license, even though I had a couple more cards to check and found the registration.

The ticket now includes failure to produce registration and insurance card, no payment amount, just a court date. This is my first ticket ever. When I go to court and show both valid insurance and registration will I have to pay the fines for all of this? No way in hell I can afford it.
>>
yeah.
>>
Take it to court, explain and show proof (especially since he just walked off without giving you a chance to actually find it), that part should be dropped especially since first offence
>>
>75 in a 55
This alone is going to fuck you over. There is no excuse for going that much faster than the limit.
>>
>>18617199
>highway
>55
wtf? but why didn't you tell the cop when you got back you had insurance? you might be able to still convince them to let that go, but I doubt it. is your car registered?
>>
>>18617252
He was being chased by a Nigeria prince who wanted to give him usd 1,000,000$
>>
>>18617199
yeah your probably just fine, and maybe the cop can get in a bit of trouble too without looking any deeper into it before he gave the ticket, but maybe not im not a lawyer
>>
>>18617265
Yeah, I got insurance card and registration now. I'm pretty sure failure to provide those will be waived off. It's registered.

What mainly pisses me off is that I know for a fact someone passed me going 70+ only a mile or so before where the cop was. Guess I was just the unlucky one today.
>>
>The ticket now includes failure to produce registration and insurance card, no payment amount, just a court date. This is my first ticket ever. When I go to court and show both valid insurance and registration will I have to pay the fines for all of this?
I'm not a lawyer and not qualified to give legal advice, but I very much doubt it. Go to court, explain exactly what happened, and whatever you do, keep your cool.
>>
>>18617279
You weren't unlucky.

You were dumb for not seeing the signs. Even on highways, most states have authority to pull you over even if you're 7 above the speed limit. Speedtraps are something you learn to spot, and don't speed excessively unless you're in a pack.

You can argue off the insurance bit, but just pay the fine for your stupidity.
>>
>>18617313
Yeah, you're right. Just still a bit mad from it, it's not justified to be mad at the situation though considering it's my fault. My b
>>
>>18617199

Happened to me once. I had a busted headlight that went out as I was heading home and realized I forgot to put in the new insurance in my glovebox.

You pretty much just show up to the courthouse and prove that you have valid insurance and you pay a nominal fee. I think for me in Texas it was like $25 or something. No big deal really just a hassle to go out and wait in line.

The speeding ticket is another thing. Get ready to spread wide for that.
>>
>>18617199
I've been in a similar situation. All I had to do was produce the proper insurance proof at a later date. No fees or fines.

The speeding ticket though, is another ordeal. Try to look into a deferment program. You'll pay more upfront, but the ticket will be gone from your record. Also, you CANNOT get another speeding violation for a few years.
>>
Normally you just show up at the DA with proof and he'll drop it on the spot and you will never have to show up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.