[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people survive the monotony of life? I turn 26 this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

How do people survive the monotony of life? I turn 26 this year and I already can't stand it. How do people do it for 40+ years?

>go to work
>get paid
>spend paycheck for entertainment
>repeat
>>
You need some jesus in your life son.
>>
No fucking shit your life is monotonous if all you do is go to work.
>>
>>18615863
Get some friends
>>
>>18615863
You could try what i'm trying.

Minimize cost of living and bills and find a job you like. I'm 24 and still living with my parents purely because they want me here and I don't want a roommate or gf right now. I don't mind falling behind my peers as much as I used to
>>
>>18615863
Try cocaine, I hear it's a hell of a drug.
>>
>>18615863
Monotonous compared to what...?
What's the alternative?
>>
>>18615863
You work a job that you actually fucking love. it fucking hard but it's worth it. The pressure to get a "normal" job is real but at the end of the day, we only live once.

Gotta get through the bitter to get the sweet. And it really feels good when you get there.
>>
>>18615863
You need to have a goal, or an ambition.

I'm a master at cruising through life, but even I would absolutely hate life if I had no goals to look forward to to make it all worth it. Right now I've cocooned myself so I can get all my loans paid off and I'm also working on building up investments. Once I'm comfortable where im at, I can leave my shitty job and look for something that's not so shitty, and if I don't have loans to pay, I have a lot more time and freedom to look for it
>>
They get a wife and kids to support, so now they don't have a choice in the matter.
>>
I always hated the idea that work needs to be what you love. I just want to make money so I can spend it on fun things.
>>
>>18615863
Welcome to quarterlife crisis.
>>
>>18617960
this is the real answer

it takes an extraordinary amount of discipline to break out of this kind of lifestyle, which to me is the equivalent of a $1 frozen TV dinner
>>
you need to take more risks, explore yourself, travel more often, take a vacation once in a while.. get laid, bla bla bla... get some adrenaline rush.. easy saying than doing still wortha try.
>>
>>18615863
If you have money for entertainment then shut the fuck up. Many people can barley afford food and shelter and you are complaining?

Get a damn hobby, you have one life what spend it being a whiny entitled asshole? Sorry tone brash but you need a reality check.
>>
>>18615863
stop wasting money on entertainment and save it for something that will satisfy you. If you're having trouble with something change it, don't just complain about it and keep repeating the same failures.
>>
they marry and have kids. that keeps you pretty occupied if you do it right.
>>
File: IMG_1134.jpg (155KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1134.jpg
155KB, 720x960px
>>18615863

I switch country and work every 3 years.
>>
>>18615863
> go to work
> get paid
> pay bills
> put some into savings
> but dragon dildos
> fuck dragons dildos
> sleep
> go to work
I honestly don't see why you would ever feel boared
>>
>>18618002
If you dont have enough intelligence to give an adequate advice then shut the fuck up. There are already many intelligent people willing to give great advice and yet you appear autistically screeching to give yours?

Get a life you fucking loser, you have one life and you spend it being a dumbass-shitty-advice-dispenser? Sorry for the harsh tone but you really need a reality check.
>>
Compared to what OP?

When was there ever a time in human history when we were free to pursue our dreams and do nothing all day?

If anything, humans have never had it so good
>>
>>18615863
>I don't actively live a fun life
>wahh how to people deal
You dumb faggot, find something else to be dedicated to. Your life is monotonous shit because you made it monotonous shit
>>
>>18618357
Roman times
>>
>>18618397
99% were farmer who slaved all day. The ones you are thinking of that didn't do anything are the very elites. Even then a mediocre life today is far better than theirs
>>
>>18618402
Yeah but gay sex without being made fun of
>>
Everyone here is going to give you fortune cookie tier bullshit advice like "Find a job you love! Leech off your friends and family! Start making up goals on the spot!" Goals are fine and all but if you're in a position like this chances are you have trouble envisioning the future in the first place. Which is why you work on short term goals and short term entertainment beforehand. Find the guidebook for your city and try to schedule new things to go to like concerts, museums, shows, etc. Then create long term entertainment goals like TVs, consoles, PC upgrades and a car. Also find a job you like even if its not as much money, as long as its enough money.
>>
File: 1496485610849.jpg (117KB, 573x730px) Image search: [Google]
1496485610849.jpg
117KB, 573x730px
>>18618002
So "not suffering" is good enough for you? You don't suffer in death either.

As for OPs question the answer is basically: Be less lazy so you can be more lazy. What I mean by that is don't accept the common way to live out of misguided comfort. Fight for an alternative lifestyle that gives you freedom. Don't be afraid to break the law once in a while either.

I work as an online seller and it's great. I probably spend less than 1h a day on it while making about 2k per month in profit. It sure isn't a lot as a monthly paycheck (though Im expanding and will probably be up in 4k before newyear) but the hourly rate is amazing! I'm not gonna go too much into detail about my business model but it's in a legal gray-area. It involves high quality counterfeit products sold as real and a way to cheat the postal service for free freight.
>>
You should read Mr Money Moustache OP, google it.
>>
Break the cycle
>>
File: 1502139057202.png (405KB, 1968x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502139057202.png
405KB, 1968x1200px
>>18615863
Pretty much my life.

No gf, no friends, no fun.
Just work.

I have some money.
Not sure what to spend it on.
Better save it for a rainy day.
I'll never get rich this way.

What is the point even?

Surviving, for the sake of existing?
What does it matter anyway?
>>
File: 1502590289899.webm (3MB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
1502590289899.webm
3MB, 640x580px
Foresight.

First, look at how people are in their jobs, relationships and how they live their lives...and then do the opposite

I've always been an observer and inquisitive and god has it helped me. Every job I've had I've had the assurance that I always had money on the side because in had the foresight to know that I'd never last in a blue collar job for more than half a year, so most of my wages I always put away and when I was done with said jobs I always had a few thousand in the burner.

Likewise, this ties in with what else I mentioned: relationships. I'm sorry to say but if you're getting in to a relationship you're fucked. Oh sure, 1/100 of you have met Mr/Mrs perfect but the reality is that relationships are restrictive, suck the life out of you (mainly the man) you forever have an anvil on your ankle. Again, you'll say "but humans naturally want a relationship." Granted, but look at the time we live in, a time of unparalleled freedom to study what we want, believe what we want, GO wherever we want...and people STILL have this inclination, half evolutionary, half dumb as fuck, to tie themselves to another uniquely different (in every way) human and subject themselves to a life of tug-of-war over gets to decide what happens to your Siamesed life plan.

As for life, well again, just this thread shows how you feel: trapped. Trapped by a job, a failed relationship, a child or just your own self. Its all the same.

From watching relationships, having shit jobs and just being alive I've come to the conclusion that now more than ever your best bet is to live as unattached as you can because "hell is other people." (Not sure who said that but it sticks).

Above all, while in this state of being unattached, work on ways you'll never have to be tethered to one thing.
>>
>>18618294
Burn
>>
>>18618846
What a fitting Webm...
>>
>>18618002
Not OP but I can relate
>6 days a week
>wake up
>hour commute
>9 hour job, one lunch hour included
>hour back
>get home, shower, dinner
>exhausted so hour of tv then sleep
>one day off
>grocery-laundry-so exhausted just want to sit since only day off
>money disappears on the 1st
>slowly build up balance
>disappears on the 1st again
It fucking sucks.
>>
>>18620246
Welcome to being a responsible adult. Now go drink yourself to an early grave like 90% of the population does. Weak.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.