[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just started a new office job where I am sitting at a computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: front.jpg (22KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
22KB, 500x489px
So I just started a new office job where I am sitting at a computer all day. Many of the employees have ipod earbuds in the whole day listening to music. My problem is that, due to the security level of the office, you can't have your phone with you. So I am wondering if there would be another way to listen to MY music at work without using an old ass ipod or installing anything on my work computer. Also, I hate those ipod ear buds because of how waxy they get and I have a nice pair of full on bluetooth headphones, but I am hesitant to use them because of the bulky look and the idea I might not be able to hear my coworkers if they are trying to talk to me. I don't think my music would be appropriate to play low on comp speakers like other coworkers do, idk what I'm going to use...

tl;dr: how do u listen to music at work without an iphone or old ipod/zune?
>>
Get a drive and drop your music files onto that. You then bring that to work and plug it into your computer. Open the files and the media player will play your music. If your computer doesn't have a media player program then you're fk'd. Go buy a $30 MP3.

Also don't wear headphones. They're big and give off too much attention that you enjoy fun. Get earbuds and keep volumes low enough to hear others. Keep your shit low profile.
>>
>>18616134
>plug it into your computer

Most companies have IT security policies that prohibit attaching any device to corporate hardware without the IT department's consent.

Given, 90% of employees are mentally vacant restards and will do it anyway. But still, keep it in mind. OP, if you somehow get the company computer infected with a virus or something, you could get in deep shit.

I don't understand why you don't just buy an mp3 player. It would be fun as fuck to throw back to the 00's with an ipod. Also, there a ton of options for earbuds - you don't have to use the ipod ones.

Do you have Spotify? Because if it's not blocked by the network, then you can use Spotify's web player. Audio devices like headphones don't really pose a security risk, but i would still clear it with IT first.
>>
>>18616193
Good points. Might I add the computer might be monitored whenever it's booted up. So he might not be able to browse Spotify, and the-like.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.