[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am I basic looking /adv/? or am I just socially awkward? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: 20170302_143646.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_143646.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
am I basic looking /adv/? or am I just socially awkward? I remember a girl saying to me at my old job that I had a really nice looking face but I don't believe her. she however said I was kinda boring. My current girlfriend thinks I'm not boring but we are both kinda weird.
when I was younger and fatter (with a facial infection) everyone said I was ugly.
but I wanna know: one, am I ugly. two, what determines attractiveness, and three what determines ugliness
>>
>>18615092
You'renot so bad, but the fat breaks it. You might be pretty good looking if you didn't have such a pudgy round face.
>>
>>18615123
yep, figured I am shit. I never understood the psychology of it, why do round, wide, or fat faces turn people off?
>>
File: allsmall.jpg (297KB, 1628x532px) Image search: [Google]
allsmall.jpg
297KB, 1628x532px
>>18615092
You look pretty good to me familia. You look clean, and I think your face only looks wider / rounder here because of shitty phone camera distortion like in pic related
>>
>>18615092
>>18615157
You're not ugly, you look very normal. I'm not gonna lie, you're not jaw-droppingly attractive or anything, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with your face.

Your sense of style is not doing you any favors though. You've done yourself up like a nerd. Grow the hair out a bit, try contact lenses or a more stylish pair of glasses, stop wearing white t-shirts under other shirts.
>>
>>18615092
you're average, if not a little below average for my taste. hella NOT ugly, though, not by a long shot.

what determines attractiveness:
teeth (which wasn't shown)
weight (you probably have never looked better anon)
face shape
skin health
symmetry
distracting features

so what determines ugliness:
busted teeth or jaw. there is an exception: if the smile works somehow, the crooked teeth could be quite cute
excessive weight
(for a guy) round face (this is what's gettin' you OP) and maybe for some a heart-shaped face
distracting features like big ears, weird eyebrows, unusual hairline
symmetry can be kind of tough to explain. your face checks out though OP
skin health is pretty self explanatory, skin problems will work against you

your best feature imo:
honestly you have great lips. they're big yeah but they've got a nice shape to them
>>
You would look better if you were fit. Fat people are plagues to society. Eat good healthy proportions and workout.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-12-23-18-14.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-12-23-18-14.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>18616737
>>18616728
I tried losing weight and I did see progress but there were two problems: I lost motivation after losing weight, and two my face didn't get that skinnier.
I don't have a consistent or confident mindset for these things. also my body isn't as fat as one might think. it's a little chubby but not obese
>>
File: 20170128_195603.jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170128_195603.jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
I might as well take a knife and cut the fat on my cheeks off and ger surgery. it'd be easier and I won't have to deal with the fat there staying if I lose weighf.
>>
>>18616816
for what? so you would be a little bit better looking? please. you've got a nice smile too. you've got nice features OP, and you deserve some self-confidence.
lose the bad attitude and you've got a good thing going.
>>
File: me57.png (3MB, 1245x1843px) Image search: [Google]
me57.png
3MB, 1245x1843px
>>18615092

You look like the fat, darker version of me
>>
>>18616828
it's hard to feel confident when all some guy needs is a string jaw line and no fat on his face and people will worship him. maybe I should post newer pictures from today rather than a couple of months ago. even then I'm pretty sure I'd get the sane result. everyone else here swears I'm fat as a bus when I'm actually not terribly fat like my friends. I st least can run pretty fast, lift weufhts, etc. I just don't dint care to do physical activity much or watch my diet. I just enjoy those this since it makes me comfortable.
>>18616879
honestly the only resemblance is the glasses. our noses ate very different
>>
>>18615092
>>18616810
>>18616816
You look like the fat black comic relief on a safe white prime time TV show.
Like the guy who hits on the white girl and fails and the audience laughs and laughs.

Anyways, you aren't ugly.
You're just a bit chunky. That girl was mostly right. You have a nice face, it's just covered in fat and shame.

But fuck that. Let's get /fit/.
The fact that you're here means you want change.
First steps are first steps. So take the second one. Go to the gym. Start lifting and in a year, you'll be cutting and looking like an Insta hottie
>>
File: 20170813_082346.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_082346.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>18616908
it's weird because I'm not even that fat, all I do is lift weights occasionally to maintain some strength
> black comic relief who get laughed at by white girls on a white TV show
shit, that kinda stung, hell I don't even like white girls.
Maybe if I get super skinny I'd look better. Or If I use p90x or insanity
>>
To lose weight just drink a lot of water mind your calories intake and give up soda/candy
You won't get fit nor it will fast but you're too lazy to do anything else
>>
File: 1502386807830.jpg (46KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502386807830.jpg
46KB, 296x320px
shit, everyone calling me fat makes me want to exercise again, because it hurts, it really does. I lost motivation because I lost hope of being fit as hell, as well as me not looking firearm to painful exercise. especially since I stopped playing football sophomore year, which is when I was buff. not playing anymore made me feel like I didn't deserve to be fit. but I must be fit.
that's the few reasons why I'm "lazy" I don't have confidence I guess. but to prove everyone in this thread ridiculing me wrong, I wanna get /fit/ starting today. I already had a different breakfast
>>
>>18617872
There's a difference op. You lost fat on your face. You still have a way to go tho bro. Once you lose all the extra fat you'll get mad puss.
>>
>>18615123
you're not shit OP, you look pretty average, seconded on the cheek thing tho, slightly less puffy cheeks you'd +1, nice clothes don't hurt either. haircut might round it out if you find something that works well with your facial geometry.

Actually, if you just smile more you'd be fine.
>>
>>18615092
Holy shit im wearing the exact same shirt right now
>>
>>18617872
follow up, from side profile you look fine-> attractive bro.

Like seriously freaking out about nothing,
attractiveness and ugliness are subjective, but as a general rule is based on symmetry and proportion. There's actually science to back this (unlike most things dealing with aesthetics) that people with highly symmetrical features usually rate higher. beyond that, it's doing things that play off your natural strengths and minimize weaknesses. There's also a social capital dimension to it in terms of what connotations are associated with different features and how society rates these (i.e. society is kinda racist).

Within your demographic you're doing good though, you look clean, I wouldn't change much except maybe work out more and wear nice clothes.
>>
>>18617910
funn, I used to like my shirt
>>
>>18617913
>demographic
you mean blacks are ugly?
>>
>>18615092
>but what I wanna know: one, am I ugly, two, what determines attractiveness, and three what determines ugliness

Number 1 is determined by number 2 and number 3, and is completely based on the individual being asked.

You'll never have one, perfect, easy-to-understand answer. You're ugly to some and attractive to others. Welcome to life.
>>
File: 20170813_233009.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_233009.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
>>18619105
it's funny because I thought people were robotic in what they find attractive and ugly. like such things as face width, jaw lines, symmetry, etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.