[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any vocal artists here? I want to start getting into voice over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: blueyetiRecord.jpg (261KB, 1200x1222px) Image search: [Google]
blueyetiRecord.jpg
261KB, 1200x1222px
Any vocal artists here? I want to start getting into voice over work. Not necesarily things like animations but smaller like radio tags, product promotions, snippets for podcasts etc. Is it really just a matter of recording myself reading things and listening to it over and over? I have one of those Blue Yeti mics which I can use to record with
>>
Fiverr. Make yourself cheap and start getting experience.

There are professional meetups and conventions for vocal talent. Go if you can afford it. Then ask a pro. Not faggots online.

Also Yeti mics are gay
>>
>>18614838
Be crazy aggressive with your presence. Voice actors are a dime a dozen, so even if you have crazy talent and/or a unique voice it won't mean shit unless you get out there and shove your reels under people's faces.
>>
>>18614867
Yeah yeti isnt the best but im not gonna drop $200 on something that might not pay off. Ive had someone else also recommend Fiverr as well so ill look into it

>>18614913
Thats true, so im hoping to start locally, maybe find some groups that run podcasts or trying to get some commercials for their business in my town and see if they need someone
>>
>>18614838
This is a specialized professional field virtually closed to amateurs and beginners. Top jobs go to established movie and TV stars, lesser work to journeyman actors. They have agents specifically for this branch of work.

Your best chance is to volunteer your work to student filmmakers and other beginners, just to build up a sample reel, which might get you an agent.
>>
>>18615202
You've completely neglected to mention the people who do VO and only VO as their career, the people who get the overwhelming majority of VO work.

OP, don't start on Fiverr because you will be hard-pressed to get people to pay you more when you feel like moving up. Charge what you think you're worth.
>>
>>18615716
>>18615202
Thanks for the honesty. Seems like I dont have a chance lol
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.