[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell someone to not give me advice? I have a bunch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1744.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1744.png
29KB, 741x568px
How do I tell someone to not give me advice? I have a bunch of family members over at my house today, and an uncle that I barely know started to talk to me about my life decisions. I broke away from him by saying I needed to go to the bathroom, but I don't want to start talking to him about that shit again.
>>
>>18613972
ask for material help. when they offer advice like "you should get a job" ask them for a reference, to forward your resume to their boss, etc. or when they say you should get something that costs money like say a degree or whatever ask them for money. do it publicly too,

guaranteed this will stop them or your money back.
>>
>>18613972
Politely tell him: thank you, but I don't think I really need the advice right now. It's not rocket science unless he's a persistent motherfucker, if he is, you tell him what I mentioned before, but with more assertion. Simple shit OP
>>
>>18613986
>Politely tell him: thank you

God what the fuck happened to /adv/? Ignore this retarded vagina holder OP. You get in their faces and pull them into your personal hell like I advised here >>18613983 and either you get a huge benefit out of it or they will leave you the fuck alone.
>>
>>18613983
He was telling to go back to college, so your advice will help.
>>18613986
This helps too, since I tend to overthink.
>>
>>18613994
I was simply stating the simple and polite way to tell him to fuck off since I assumed OP didn't wanna go full autism over a relative being a small douche. Every family's got one. Best not to overreact over said-shit
>>
>>18613972
Let him talk and just don't listen. When he's through, thank him and forget it.
>>
>>18614457
This honestly

Unless he is being obtuse and a jerk about it just sit through it. Everyone has those annoying family encounters and doing something he may perceive as rude doesn't seem to be worth it in this scenario.
>>
>>18613972

How about you actually listen? Most of the time people give advice because they care. Or at least care back enough to pretend to listen so that your uncle can walk away less worried? Even if he is giving you advice to boost his ego, not reacting negatively will still work in your favour.
And do what >>18613983 said.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.