[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have actual real diagnosed autism and don't function very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1491726371670.jpg (65KB, 875x742px) Image search: [Google]
1491726371670.jpg
65KB, 875x742px
I have actual real diagnosed autism and don't function very well in social or outdoors situations. I'm nearly 25 and still live with my parents and have no job. I spend 14-18 hours a day in front of a computer, every day. My parents are nearing retirement age and they can't support me forever.
How do I be a normal person and have a job and live independently?
>>
By getting a job and living independently.
>>
>>18613910
You can't be all that autistic if you can see the problem and think all that far ahead. Chances are that you do have life skills and potential job skills.

Talk to your doctor/therapist/counselor or whoever is an expert and knows your story. If there's no one, ask your parents to contact the local autism society. There are resources that will either help you develop your social skills or point you toward jobs that lie withing your abilities.
>>
>>18613910
>You can't be all that autistic
I had a wrangler that would accompany me to school and would try and keep me out of trouble. I remember stupid things like the birthdays of people I went to school with when I was 8 or the number plates of most of the cars in the high school parking lot.
There's nothing more that I want than to be normal but I can't and I say and do stupid things in social situations that I know are the wrong thing to do but I can't help it and I reee whenever something doesn't go my way even though I'm 24 years old.
I wish more than anything that I wasn't a burden for my parents but I cannot function in society at large. I also really fucking hate doctors and therapists and councillors and haven't been to one since I finished school.
>>
>>18613910

stop being like that.
>>
>>18614484
You've got a dilemma here. You want to move forward and not be a burden on your parents. But you don't want to work with the only people (counselors, etc) who can help you do that.

You've got to choose one.
>>
create an autism union and support all autismos everywhere
>>
>>18614484
check out the gluten free casein free diet

google it along with autism

its worth a shot
>>
>>18614484
Don't be sure all "normal" people know how to act in all the social situations, or at least feel comfortable with them. There is the general rule of "fake it 'till you make it".
Is there a reason for you hating professionals? I mean, their function in society is to help people. Is distrusting them making any sense? It's like hating teachers or parents. If you dislike certain individual professionals, try to meet with others. You address a doctor for his professionallity, not his charecter (Which you might not like)
>>
>>18613910
Grow the fuck up and deal with it

I also have been diagnosed with autism (and alot more fucking problems that hinder my social skills) but i was perfectly capable of getting a job, and im 5 years younger than you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.