[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a straight man and woman just be friends? What's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: lmaowtf.jpg (41KB, 580x603px) Image search: [Google]
lmaowtf.jpg
41KB, 580x603px
Can a straight man and woman just be friends? What's the consensus on /adv/?
>>
Not if both are single and attractive. Only if one of them is repulsive it'd happen.
>>
File: 1313699459385.jpg (809KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1313699459385.jpg
809KB, 1536x2048px
Yes. Being attracted to the same gender as your friend doesn't mean you're going to fuck them. There are a lot of reasons people won't date their friend's, including not being physically attracted to them (standards are subjective as fuck), not liking how the other person handles themselves in certain situations, not liking their family, or just about any reason any normal person wouldn't date any other normal person.

When you're friends with someone, their flaws become more acceptable because you don't have to deal with them in a relationship. One of my best friends is of the opposite gender and I would never date them because I fucking hate how much of an arrogant shit they can be, but that part of their personality is excusable in our friendship because I don't have to personally deal with it.

I'm friends with a lot of people of the opposite gender and I would never date any of them. Even though I love them as friends, I couldn't tolerate living or being with any of them.

Also, having casual sex with a friend can make things awkward if you learn that they're shitty in bed and never want to fuck them again. Learned that one the hard way.
>>
>>18613676
its possible, but pretty uncommon
>>
>>18613676
No, no, no, and NO. People always say it can happen but I have -never- seen this work. One of them always develops or is hiding their feelings. It could take time to surface and no combination of single/taken/married makes a difference. Seen it unfold countless times for myself and others.
>>
Man, people are are really sad. If you honestly don't think you could be just friends with a woman (or a man) that says a lot about you view people in general.

My friends are pretty split down the middle gender-wise and some of my closest friends are women. Some of my SO's closest friends are male. Hell, I've given relationship advice to a lot of female friends.

This is a normal, healthy thing. If you're having trouble doing it, that's really something to work on
>>
>>18613676
Yep. Sexual attraction, if it comes up at all, is an animal urge, you can have friendship with or without it.
>b-but if you wanna bang her it's not really a friendship
Nigga sex isn't fucking important. The only reason this fucks up so much is a lot of people (not just guys, but mostly guys) basically friendzone themselves when their interaction with the girl started as a doomed attraction. They "settle" for friendship (sometimes under the delusion of "it doesn't matter what kind of relationship we have, I just wanna be close to her") and that creates resentment. Approach a woman as a person without factoring whether or not she's cute, with a hobby or interest or circumstance being your point of connection and not her having a desirable set of genitals.

Some friends even fuck from time to time, but I don't recommend getting your hopes up. For every one successful FWB pairing, there's a thousand broken friendships and one thousandth of one relationship born from such an arrangement. You are not special, and do not gain anything by thinking you are.
>>
It's possible. I've got a few attractive female friends that I wouldn't fuck.

Even still though my relationships with them tend to stray into mild flirting at every opportunity.
>>
>>18613794
That's because flirting is fun, brah. It's like the nice, fluffy version of banter.
>>
Yep. I have some friends who are a guy and a girl and there isn't an ounce of romance between the two. They're like an old married couple at times in the sense that they bicker, but their friendship is 100% platonic.
>>
>>18613761
>>18613761
>>18613761
>>18613761

This desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.