[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get out of my area but I have practically no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0

I really want to get out of my area but I have practically no life skills whatsoever. How do I start planning or preparing to move to a different state or I guess just figuring out how to live in a city I don't know by myself.
>>
>>18613498

its pretty simple really. depends how much you want to bring and such.

>practically no life skills

first and foremost tell us what you think are 'life skills' specifically the ones you lack. well go from there.
>>
>>18613501
I can't hold down a job, anywhere I have worked I've gotten fired relatively quickly because I lose all interest in maintaining it. Even beyond that I sucked at practically everything job related. I wasn't really strong or having great strength or skill for the manual jobs or possessing the ability to talk or be engaging to customers. Worse yet all the jobs I did have I got because I happened to be friends with people who worked there, and so I don't really know how to look for a job in the first place. I don't really know how to do anything I consider to be "adult stuff" to the point I can't even describe what I think that even means.
>>
>>18613515

so beyond the job stuff you've basically decided there's some secret adult activity you're just not clued in on. get rid of that garbage.

if you can't think of what it takes to just live a normal life, then that thing doesn't exist. at the end of the day it comes down to just these basics

>be able to maintain a job
>be able to pay your bills on time
>budget your food accordingly
>bathe

everything really branches off of those.

>i dont even know how to apply for a job

well first design a resume. google 'resume templates and as you look at them think of what information you'd fill yours in and find the one that makes your information fill up the most.

>go to monster.com and apply for every job within your skill level

as simple as it sounds, just go and do that. also just type in 'apply for jobs online' and see what pops up. dont be afraid of craigslist, there's lots of good and legitimate jobs there, thats how i got my job and now im an office manager. yes craigslist has an unsavory reputation for some things, but its just a modern pin board / classifieds section. anyone can post, so there's some bad stuff on there, but because everyone can post everyone uses it, so its the best place for people hiring to post as well.

finally
>go down all the major streets and walk in, ask if they're hiring

most will say no. thats fine, leave a resume if they'll let you. some will have legit job apps you can fill out. others will tell you to apply online. do it all.

once you get a job hold it down for a year. when you have, you are now sure you are stable and can move out (plus will presumably have some savings to make that easy).

cont.
>>
>>18613515
>>18613591

here's the biggest lesson anyone can ever teach you: no one is born with this knowledge. no one. you look around and see all these people being 'adults' but its not because they had some secret manual. they literally said 'okay, i need to (find a job / learn to cook / pay some bills) and they just went out and tried it. it was rough their first time, but thats how they learned to do it right. stop acting like the world is watching you and judging you, because even if they ARE, you don't have to talk to them ever again. you just have to go in, ask 'hey what do i need to do to get electricity running at my new apartment?' and someone will help you. you arent the first person to try and move out on their own. they are used to questions.
>>
>>18613598
That's fine but I don't think I can stand this place for another year. What really want to do is fuck off to anywhere tomorrow morning. Is there any possibility of just going somewhere and figuring it out there or is that wishy washy garbage.
>>
>>18613615

if you have money, its possible. if not, its wishy washy. if oyu have a line of credit of about 5000 dollars all you gotta do is get on craigslist and find someone who is subletting their spare room. agree to it, pay first and last saying you';re looking for a job but since you gave them last months rent they are secure.

then just move in and start looking for a job.
>>
>>18613690
Well I don't so that sucks, but I suppose I'll just have to grit my teeth and bare it for a while.
Do you mind estimating how much I should save and what I should do once I am actually capable of moving?
>>
>>18613710

depends what the rent is in your area. but multiply that by 10. thats how much you need saved.

rent is 200 a month? you want at least 2000 saved. 700 a month? 7k saved. cuz its not going to last you ten months with utilities, bills, food, and especially not with car payments / insurance.
>>
>>18613710

go to wells fargo and take out a line of credit. even with no credit history they'll do it. it will be 3000 but if you make like two payments back they'll throw in 2000 more.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.