[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I'm 21 and I quit smoking (after 6 years) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: tom-ConvertImage.jpg (98KB, 402x308px) Image search: [Google]
tom-ConvertImage.jpg
98KB, 402x308px
Hey /adv/,

I'm 21 and I quit smoking (after 6 years) and heavy drinking about a month ago. I've been hitting the gym for over a year now, and just a few days ago I started a diet. I've already made plans for my future and as a matter of fact, even though I'm not done with uni yet, I started a paid formation at the company I'd like to work in later.

I spend all my money in travels, always have. To be honest it's the only thing that keeps my boat floating. I'm always looking for ways to improve myself because I truly believe I haven't deserved to be happy or to have good things come my way yet.

I lived for a few years with my alcoholic abusive father and I've always told my friends it was beneficial in a way because it made me a tougher person.

I don't like to bitch because everyone has a rough patch every now and then but I guess my question is, does it get better? How do I get rid of the burden on my shoulders? It's getting heavier and I'm starting to doubt it is necessary.

Thanks.
>>
>>18613438
Does it get better?
Well growing up you where extremely suceptible to your environment because children are
As an adult that doesn't affect you but wathever shit you have been through is now part of your personality and your personality is not something you change is something you learn to deal with
So does it get better? It does not but maybe you can learn to deal with all that bullshit in a healthy way
Or you can get into drinking or drugs but that won't fix anything
A kid who was not fed Enough will grow 3 inches less by the time he is an adult that he would have otherwise, at that point would eating fix anything? Could he eat twice as much and fix it?
I think you are trying to make up for everything you lacked and should have gotten and it doesn't work
>>
>>18613458
I already tried alcohol, I was moderately happy for at first but after a while it made me bitter and angry.
So what are you saying? All the changes and improvements I'm trying to make are pointless because I had a shit childhood? How do I fix this then? I tried to seek professional help but it never worked since I was too skeptical and I'm only used to dealing with my issues alone.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.