[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people feel inadequate or incomplete with a SO,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1493902916347.jpg (105KB, 1439x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493902916347.jpg
105KB, 1439x960px
Why do so many people feel inadequate or incomplete with a SO, when it's so obvious that it's nothing special and happiness can only come from within?
>>
>>18612919
Without*
>>
>>18612919

Because most of the people here are children who still need to use outside sources validation to comprise their sense of selves. They aren't old enough or have enough life experience to develop this sense of self on their own because they don't even really know who they are yet. They don't realize that happiness comes from within yet not only because they don't have the perspective to see it but because they also live in an age of instant-gratification and internet echo chambers that encourages the deepening of delusions instead of the overcoming of them.

A lot of them will grow up and mature and their hormones will settle out enough to allow them to become well adjusted, functioning members of society but for now they're just disillusioned, insecure and desperately looking for someone to tell them they're good enough. They look up and see people happy and in relationships but they fail to see all of the hard work and maturing that leads up to that point; the same way a child can look at and lust after a fancy sports car but isn't yet capable of understanding that years of perseverance and work ethic are required to afford one.
>>
>>18612942
I mean I am 24 and don't share these views, and I figure I'm also in the main demographic of change culture. Am I just an outlier?
>>
Because they're not intelligent. I'm sorry but the rest of mankind only follow their desire and their biological imperatives.

Expecting anything from a person let alone to make you happy... a recipe for disaster and heartache
>>
>>18612919
Its the human condition really. But 100 percent age has an immense factor. Growing up in a first world will do that to you. Everyone so desperate for the american dream. Have the best everything with minimal effort and when thrown into this rat race can further root depression and other societal factors that are rooted in our culture.

>>18612942
Is rather spot on.
>>
>>18612994
Kinda makes me sad, will our society ever shed it's primal tendencies?
>>
>>18612919

>Why do so many people feel inadequate or incomplete with a SO
> when it's so obvious that it's nothing special and happiness can only come from within?

you answered your own question. they feel inadequate or incomplete cuz happiness can only come from within. they just dont know it yet. it may seem obvious to you but not to others, try not to be pretentious about it.
>>
>>18612953

My intention is not to be insulting but the honest truth is that kids in their 20's just aren't as mature or responsible as they were 30 or 40 years ago. Today so much of life is instant gratification that a lot of the footwork needed to establish yourself as an actual adult with reason and capability has been made obsolete. I'm not saying raising well adjusted children is impossible anymore I'm just saying that its becoming increasingly difficult in today's age of instant gratification. Kids don't have to work as hard, think as hard or be as self-aware. They come from a time when people their age left and right are achieving financial and social success just by starting a YouTube channel or being hot on Instagram. The bar has been drastically lowered so therefore kids just don't feel the need to work as hard or mature or practice introspection.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.