[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me, 30 year old guy, high school teacher >last committed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1222720139807.jpg (209KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1222720139807.jpg
209KB, 1024x768px
>Be me, 30 year old guy, high school teacher
>last committed relationship ended over a decade ago
>spent first half of 20s dealing with mild depression, decide to focus on schoolwork instead of romance to salvage gpa due to pressure from parents
>never into the whole hookup scene - actually want someone to support and be supported by
>new girl at work
>super cute
>a little bit of an age difference, but I decide that I'm getting too old to be hung up on something so trivial
>strike up a conversation with her today
>goes well
>she seems funny and smart
>feel like I've planted the seed of a new friendship
>...
>also learned that she has a boyfriend

God dammit, every fucking time I've taken a steps to get to know someone that I think I'd be compatible with it turns out they're in a relationship with fucking Mr. Perfect. I'm not an unattractive person, I'm a little on the husky side, sure, but I'm strong as an ox and have strong features. I'm funny and smart, and I don't lack self confidence. I'm not so petty or thirsty as to ignore what could be a good friendship either. But I don't need more friends, I need companionship and I don't know where to find it without lowering my standards, and I refuse to be some sort of shoulder-to-cry-on backup guy.

Where the hell are all the single girls at?

Pic related, it's what I teach.
>>
Have you tried online dating?
>inb4 it's full of landwhales and single mothers
Yeah, but there'll also be a minority of girls who are in the same position as you. You don't have much to lose and beggars can't be choosers anyway.
>>
>>18612896
Just bang some of those high school hotties
>>
>>18612903
Then just fuck a fatty , fat pussy is better than none
>>
>>18612943
Well, first of all, I'm not into the hookup scene. Second, I don't want to lose my job, I actually like it. Third, I don't want to go to jail. Fourth, while I'll be the first to admit that girls can be very attractive physically as young as 14 and that turning 18 doesn't make them magically hot; the immaturity present in 99% of high school girls makes them overwhelmingly unattractive. Fifth, I care about my students and couldn't even dream of pulling them through something as horrible as such a relationship. The thought that anyone could is physically painful for me, and their actions give all teachers (especially male teachers) a bad name.

>>18612903
Call me old fashioned, but I don't want to meet a girl through some kind of service, online or otherwise. A relationship should come naturally from some shared connection or interest.
>>
>>18612982
>Call me old fashioned, but I don't want to meet a girl through some kind of service, online or otherwise. A relationship should come naturally from some shared connection or interest.
Why did you ask where single girls are if you didn't want actual answers?
>>
>>18612997
I'm not trying to discount the answer, but I want to have my fairy tale too dammit.

Both sets of my grandparents have (well, had in one case God rest their souls) these great stories of how they met, sweet and loving . My parents have one too. So do both of my younger sisters. I'm the oldest sibling, I'm the last one left unmarried, and I don't want to be the only one who doesn't have a love story to pass on. I get it, I'm not being realistic. And I know that very soon I'll get to a point where I just won't have that choice at all. But for as long as it's an option, I'm gonna hold out hope, because it's all I can do.
>>
>>18613117
Well there's no Single Girls Club where girls go and hang out when they don't have a significant other, so if you're not prepared to put yourself out there and meet people any way possible, enjoy being lonely while waiting for Mrs Right to toddle into your life 'naturally'
>>
>>18612982
Not him, but practicly all my relationships came from dating sites and a a few were alright. One was from my traineeship but that only lasted 6, months.

There's no shame in getting to know someone online.
>>
>>18613126
>>18613135
I'm not trying to say that online dating is bad wrong dating or can't work out. I have a friend who is engaged to a girl that he met via online dating.

Do not mistake my unwillingness to dive into online dating as unwillingness to "put myself out there" I regularly get out of the house and do things either solo or with friends. I meet new people on a somewhat regular basis. I'm friendly and try to be outgoing. But through everything I do the only unmarried girls I seem to find are either girls around my age in serious relationships that are going strong and much older divorced women.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.