[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got prescribed prozac and ritalin >my aunt goes apeshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>got prescribed prozac and ritalin
>my aunt goes apeshit telling me that I shouldn't take medications never ever
>she's a "yogi", you know that namaste type of shit
>visits india 2-3 times per year
>my mom starts telling me that my aunt knows the best and she's the most logical one in the family
so my mom and my aunt are going apeshit on me telling me I shouldn't take medications but
my depression is going worse and worse since 6 years, I work out, have hobbies and whatnot, what the fuck do i do /adv/?
>>
>>18612860
Get the pills. Take them. Tell your aunt firmly but politely that you prefer her to respect you and your choices in the same way she expects her actions and choices to be respected.
>>
>>18612860

>what the fuck do i do /adv/?

Listen to the trained medical professionals who have dedicated their lives to practicing scientifically proven and objectively effective methods of treating illnesses, not some deluded middle aged pseudo-intellectual who thinks doing yoga and hanging out in 3rd world countries makes her qualified to give medical advice about shit she knows nothing about.
>>
>>18612886
man i'm trusting my doctor 100% and i don't believe my aunt, but how do i change their minds? i still live with my mom (i'm 19) and she's also against me taking the pills because my aunt brainwashed her.
>>
>>18612860
Prozac and antidepressant really suck. You shouldn't take them, but your aunt is also an absolute idiot.
>>
>>18612901

>how do i change their minds?

You don't. Taking care of your mental health takes precedent over swaying the opinions of your deluded mother and aunt. They're all up in arms about something they know nothing about. Yeah there are always side affects from medication but one of the side affects from untreated depression is killing yourself so the choice is kind of simple, you know?
>>
Here's what I do: I got the same ordeal except I rejected. I didn't want to take them and never did. Instead I started doing what nobody else suggested I did: improving things I had control over. I still do this, going step by step. It has made my depression more bearable, but it hasn't went away. It is less prevalent, but still there. I never healed and at times I have to slow down to give myself a moment to just be miserable. I lost everything once, and this has taught me to fight for things I appreciate and appreciate things I fight for, which is how I live my life. I want something, I go get it for myself.

And even if food tastes like nothing I can be happy knowing I cooked myself a decent meal. It really helps make your day brighter and helps you sleep. Depression becomes a phantom, a memory even at times when you start setting and fulfilling goals as much as you can. You'll get used to becoming normal that when the depression comes back full force one day, it surprises me. Difference being, it won't be months of despair, just hours, as much as you need to recover and get comfy or put your mind to something else. Depression is a tough one, but since it is there to stay for many people, relatively easy to learn to live with.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.