[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 years old >Thinking about hitting on girl >Not sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

File: 1501803794497.jpg (32KB, 342x260px) Image search: [Google]
1501803794497.jpg
32KB, 342x260px
>20 years old
>Thinking about hitting on girl
>Not sure if she's 17 since its been forever since I've seen a 17 year old IRL

How do I do this without doing anything illegal or upsetting a girl that turns out to be something fucked like 14? At the same time, I don't want to appear predatory if she's totally legal. I've never really hit on a girl before, so what's a good maneuver?

I was thinking about just asking her if she wanted to go out some time.
>>
>>18612632

How do you know her?
>>
>>18612639
I don't, but I want to get to know her because I'm attracted to her.
>>
>>18612632
Ask her what grade she is in school and do the math. If she's out of school, buy some condoms.
>>
>>18612653
That's a great idea. Thanks a lot man.
>>
>>18612649

How do you know her? Where do you see her? Who is she?
>>
File: 1497147135688.jpg (104KB, 582x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1497147135688.jpg
104KB, 582x1035px
>>18612632
Don't hit women.
>>
>>18612673
She works at a sno-cone stand, so I just have to find out who she is by talking to her.
>>
>>18612687

Ok, girls get asked out a lot when working, and it's never fun for them. They have to be polite because you are a client, so it makes it hard to reject you. It's not nice to make a move on a stranger at her place of work. It fails almost everytime. So, don't do it, ok?
>>
>>18612696
I would, but she seemed to be attracted to me for whatever reason, and I'd be a fool to not try.
>>
>>18612704

What makes you think that?
>>
>>18612706
It was in the way she acted toward me.
It wasn't "Here's your X", and it wasn't cordiality.

She was hiding her emotions, but they were plain to see.

This is why I'm going to go for it my friend.
>>
>>18612717
>She was hiding her emotions, but they were plain to see.

How did you see them? What did she do?
>>
>>18612722
I already know that whatever I tell you you'll connect to something that shows that it's non-existent, but I was there and you weren't.

It's real-time empathy that lets me understand how others feel, and, to be totally honest, I've got nothing to lose by digging into a feeling.
>>
This sounds awfully familiar, have you tried sending her 300 emails? (´・ω・`)
>>
>>18612743

The fact that you are here, asking how to approach a stranger instead of flirting with a girl you actually know tells me enough about your "empathy". No need to be a genius to figure this one out.

Don't creep her out, mate. Don't creep her out.
>>
>>18612767
It's completely accurate though.

I figured out someone was asking my father for sex a day before he did, and he has a had a full social-circle throughout his entire life and everything.

I'm just on the more introverted side of life, and its actually doubled back to harm me by isolating me.
>>
>>18612844
>by isolating me.

What? You are kinda lonely and isolated? I would have never, EVER, have guessed that!

Ok, I'll stop being sarcastic. You are pinning over a girl from a shop. I know you don't have many female friends or go to many parties. You are not revealing something deep to me here, man.

But if you are so empathic, you have to realize how creepy it is for a stranger to hit on you out of the blue while you are trying to do your goddamn job.
>>
>>18612859
It's creepy if there's no precedent for it, but there is.

I don't know why I shouldn't if they're attracted to me.

It's socially upsetting, but it's nothing more than that.
>>
>>18612867
>but there is.

Yes, there is. You won't tell meand you admit you are a loner. I'm sorry if I don't feel like that's believable.

When you spend too much time alone, you start reading too much into this kind of shit. I can't prove to you that you are wrong, but do you understand that everything, everything you have said in this thread leds me to believe you are just mistaken.

I'm not calling you crazy or bad. I've been there myself. But don't delude yourself man. Try to look at this from the perspective of someone, anyone else. It's normal to want to feel liked, to have people flirt with you. But when you have to rely on hitting on strangers while they work a service position... you have to realize it's probably your imagination at work here.
>>
>>18612882
>It's probably your imagination here

This now makes me sound like a crazy fucker, but

I was there, and you weren't.

She was too bashful and avoidant, and everything in the way she moved around me told me something was up.

I'm just gonna go try since I've got nothing to lose, and only a personal story to gain no matter the outcome. It's a feeling/hunch, and that's all it is.
>>
>>18612906
>She was too bashful and avoidant

Maybe she was creeped out. She was "avoidant", wasn't she?

Also, I'm not calling you crazy. I'm calling you lonely. I'm saying you want her to be interested, so you might be reading too much into it. That's not crazy, that's human.
>>
>>18612906
just make idle conversation like i presume you usually do and then ask her what she's doing after work, jesus christ you two
>>
>>18612912
>like i presume you usually do

You expect too much from OP, Anon. This guys says he is lonely because he is "too empathic". Do you really think he is the kind of person to make idle conversation with waitresses?
>>
>>18612911
Now you're doing exactly what I said you would do.

I trust myself to be impartial from my own emotions in my encounters with others, and people don't enter my brain unless I see something that forces them into it.
>>
>>18612924
>I trust myself to be impartial from my own emotions

That's so wrong. That's why we need frineds and people in our lives. To put shit in perspective. It's so arrogant to think your own desires don't affect you.
>>
>>18612920
>Empathy and introversion are the same thing
>>
>>18612928

That's what he said man. Not me. I know it's ridiculous.
>>
>>18612927
They do, but they also don't when I observe occurrences from a detached point in time.

It's down-right horrifying what you discover when you mentally rewind the clock and let your mind cruise every avenue. I always find something that blows my desires apart when I look hard enough because I'm very nosy, and I really do want to understand other people.
>>
>>18612920
Well I suppose I guessed wrong
From what OP was saying I thought he had some degree of rapport with this girl
Plus its 20 and 17 i don't know what the fuck he's freaking out about. if she turns out to be 14 just be like oh sorry you're too young and that's that
>>
>>18612937

Man... please, listen to yourself. You are "so over it", right? Far beyond petty things, I imagine.

You have the arrogance of a 15 yo right now. You are talking like a detached teen. No, you are not "able to see every avenue" because your memery is tainted by what you felt at the moment.

You want her to like you, I get it. But ask yourself why are you focusing so much on a STRANGER instead of on a female friend or at least acquaintance. You are lonely, that's not bad. But don't let it get to your head. You are turning into the creepy dude that hits on every girl that talks to him because he lost his point of reference and confuses basic courtesy with interest.

She is working, don't bother her.
>>
>>18612952
I'm going to have to agree with this anon
Unless you have some rapport built up with her over a bit of time, just leave her alone
>>
>>18612940

The age is not the problem here. Read a couple of his last posts. The ones about being so detached from his own emotions are really eye-opening.
>>
>>18612952
I can easily see what people will inevitably do, and I can see the underlying motivations to the actions of others. I've seen too much to not have faith in myself when it comes to other human-beings.

I'm 20 years old, and despite my isolation, my brain works on the same level as any college student. You're being very condescending due to knowledge of social status, and all of your "advice" is tainted by this. You've no faith in my observances because of the lens you view me through.

I'd be a fool to listen to a man that is derailed from what I've seen and heard.
>>
>>18612972

See, someday, you'll look back at teens writing like this and thank me for calling you out. You talk like a cartoon villain.
>>
>>18612976
>You talk like a cartoon villain

This is just more support to what I'm telling you.
>>
>>18612976
I loled
I agree
Stop this line of thinking before you embarrass yourself anon
>>
>>18612981

Support for what? That you figured me out? You knew I was going to call you a "cartoon villain"?
>>
>>18612992
It shows that you're seeing me from one perspective and one perspective alone.

You're not considering that I've been alive for thousands of hours.
>>
>>18613001

And those thousands of hours led you here.

Here's what I know about you:

You are a lonely person, you spend a good deal of time by yourself.

You don't have many romantic prospects. I'd risk saying you've never had a GF.

You think a girl working in the service industry was hitting on you because she was reserved towards you, which must mean she was interested but bashful.

You also think you can figure people out from the outside, by looking at them, because you have experience on looking but not interacting.

Did I get anything wrong?
>>
>>18613015
You actually can figure people out from the outside by placing yourself in their shoes.

I keep doing it, and I keep getting the right answer. I may have never had a gf before, but that doesn't mean I've never been outside before.

I don't interact, but that doesn't mean I don't listen to people that do.
>>
>>18613001
Lol why the fuck are you trying to justify yourself to someone you'll never meet? You've made your decision. Go to the shop, ask her when she gets off work and if she'd like to grab a bite. If she says no, all of this fucking dialogue between you and anon over there along with your own buildup of asking her out will be for fucking nothing. Leave the thread, go do something you enjoy, ask her out tomorow.
>>
>>18613032
I enjoy doing this though.
It's good to find out if something's wrong with the way you think.
>>
>>18613029

Get a life. Get friends, go out, do shit, have fun. Don't be an spectator in your own life.

But for the love of God, leave that poor girl alone. You are reading what you want to read, you'll make her have a bad afternoon. You'll creep her out.

Go make frineds somewhere else, not at their place of work.
>>
>>18613043
>It's good to find out if something's wrong with the way you think.

How are you gonna find out, though? We are two Anons telling you you are wrong and you don't believe us.
>>
>>18613045
He's 20 but he talks like a 14 year old who thinks he's got life figured out
jfc
>>18613032
I agree
I don't know why the fuck he's here except to ask for validation
>>
>>18613045
I'll be totally honest.
I saw no semblance of attraction in that girl, and if anything, I saw the average day of my 18 year old sister in her mannerisms.

I don't think I'll do the top part of what you've told me though. It's just the way life is.

A part of me likes to be attacked for my inexperience.
>>
>>18613050
I'm not telling him he's wrong. He's going to ask her out. He won't be the first person to ask someone out at work, won't be the last. I'm just telling him not to waste his time arguing about a decision he has already made. But hey, he says he likes talking to you. Enjoy yourselves you two.
>>
>>18613054
>I'll be totally honest.
>I saw no semblance of attraction in that girl, and if anything, I saw the average day of my 18 year old sister in her mannerisms.

I'd like to believe my words are so powerful I changed your mind completetly over. But I'm not so arrogant.

Either you have replaced OP or you areOP trying to pacify me.

Think about what we talked about today here. Really think about it. Good luck OP. I really hope you find people that you like spending time with.
>>
>>18613075
I'm just telling you how I feel, and I feel like telling you the truth before you go.

I hope I find people that I like spending time with too, but I'm more likely to get tired of working and commit suicide. I only had 2 friends back in school for a reason.
>>
>>18613084

I had two friends in high school too. I kept them and made a few more after school. I also used to get crushes on any girl that talked to me.

Get out more. People don't hate us. Sure, some do, but not everyone. Don't let yourself become so isolated that you have no way out. And if you are really suicidal, reach out to people in your life. If you don't havem oney, try to find some non.profit that offers counseling. Most cities have one.

But you need to grow up, OP. High School is over. You can't keep acting like a teen.
>>
Hitting up a girl at her work is definitely in the territory of creepy, but I think it ultimately depends on the overall creepiness of the guy himself.

If he's to the point and then quickly leaves when she says no thank you, I think it's being way overly dramatic to say that would ruin her day.

What WOULD ruin her day, and not only that but many of her days, is for a guy to keep coming around obviously because of her, day after day, while not making any overt proposals. That would be a lot worse for her because it gives her no opportunities to get the guy to go away without causing store drama, as he's not technically doing anything wrong.
>>
>>18613102
You're right, but I can't force myself to care enough about making companions.

Life stopped being fun when I turned 17, and I'm just rolling down from that point.

I've already got no way out of where I'm at, and I've no longer got companions outside of the internet. I can try and go to clubs and meet-ups, but most of the people that attend those in my area have long passed their youthful days, and they're just as alone as I am in this world. It's terribly difficult to connect to other people.

I know I should reach out to other people, but I can't as I've never done so before, and I don't intend to go in for counseling as I need to change within myself.
>>
>>18613124
>I need to change within myself.

Nothing wrong with asking for help.

Try hobby clubs, too. Boardgames, maybe something artistic. Anime meet ups (if you like games or comics you'll fit right in).

It won't be easy, but it's possible.
>>
>>18613132
Anime conventions are mentally draining for a person like me, and the last one I went to would've been a horrible experience if I didn't have said friends with me.

I've already stared at all of the clubs in my area, and most are for people that've already experienced life. I can't go further than an hour away from my home, so I doubt I'll get anywhere there.

A part of me believes that change isn't really possible at such an advanced age. I can't help but see that any change will only be a deviation that will revert, and I'll always have who I am as a bed-rock.

College is an improbability due to my career choice.

A part of me thinks the military is the best possible option.

I feel like I'm just making excuses to not change, but these problems are all too real.
>>
>>18613155

You are 20 man, you are not too old. Don't be a coward.
>>
>>18613161
>You are 20

I don't believe this mentality.
A 20 year old is a man like any other, and people decide to end their lives at 22, etc.
>>
>>18613168

At 20 some people haven't even had their first job. How many have you had? How many places have you been too? I don't need to ask about frineds of relationships.

You can't expect to find something worth living for if you have barely lived.
>>
>>18613176
I've had 3 so far, and I've been working since I was 1/2 way done with 18.

I've been drug all around Houston and Texas, etc. It all seems to be the same.

I've never seen anything in the physical world worth living for. I hate eating food. It doesn't feel worth experiencing now that I'm not a boy anymore.

People acted as if I'd find something worth something by going from home to home but an inversion happened. It completely obliterated all my delusions, and I was left with nothing that I wanted to pursue except for companionship, and it's harder and harder to make friends the older and older you get.
>>
>>18613193

It will also be hard to make frineds if you are a drag that enjoys nothing.

Try new things. Try to find something worthwhile. If nothing really makes you happy, you might be clinically depressed. Go to a professional.
>>
>>18613204
I might be, but it seems like nothing has ever made me happy except for the company of other human-beings.''

Video games and books would engross me, but people would make me feel alive.
>>
>>18613208

Then do stuff with people! Join a class. Volunteer. So something man.
>>
>>18613210
I suppose I will, but those are mere escapes from may daily life. This is why I intend to join the military.

I feel like we're both doing different things right now and very dis-engaged.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.