[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right, so I have social anxiety problems and I don't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
Right, so I have social anxiety problems and I don't have many friends. Low self esteem is also an issue. Every time I talk to people I just feel like I'm bothering them and annoying them, even if that isn't the case.

What can I do to meet people in general? How should I go about changing my way of thinking. I'm sad, scared of the future and don't know what to do.

Thaks for reading. <3
>>
How old are you, and do you have a job?
>>
>>18612213
Currently in highschool, though most of people at my school are idiots. 18.
>>
File: tumblr_m6ux4tAFIQ1r9572l.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ux4tAFIQ1r9572l.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
go read a book, pic related
its self motivation book, how to not give a fuck about what other say and other shit. really good, helped in hard times, I would suggest it to anyone who is having a hard time
>>
>>18612216
Get in the clubs for social misfits who play d&d or some shit. Otherwise just get friendly with people who do not look like total retards. You do that by first asking them help about something, then small talk about something meaningless (usually about how teachers suck), then the next day you greet them and you do it again. Choose other asocial looking people, they're more likely to accept you
>>
>>18612206
>>18612236
Dunno about that particular book, but the thing to do is

Just talk to people.

If they don't like how you're talking, you haven't lost anything because you're already assuming they would. If they do enjoy it for a while you get more experience in talking to people.

Talking to people is a lot like fishing, the goal isn't to catch one particular fish, it's to find the fish who want to be caught.

Tips for success:

1. Adopt the attitude that people *will* like talking to you. People just follow our lead. If we believe people won't like talking to us - they'll just unconsciously believe us, since they know we know more about ourselves than anyone else. Expect to be liked and the 80% of people who could go either way will be swayed into your camp.

2. Be interested in people and ask them questions (about pretty much anything). People are going to be a lot like you, not know how to reach out. So if you reach out first, in many cases they'll respond with energy and grateful relief. Just be sincerely curious.

3. Don't take any particular interaction too personally. Some people are great, others are bastards, there's no way to know who's which until you talk. The goal isn't to turn the fuckers into charming human beings, it's to pan for gold and look for (and find) the charming human beings.

This will take some time, don't worry if it takes months or years. Just enjoy the encounters you have while you learn. I know it may sound premature to wish you this, but have fun.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.