[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I am reaching breaking point /adv/ Let me start by saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: union-jack.jpg (27KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
union-jack.jpg
27KB, 620x465px
I think I am reaching breaking point /adv/

Let me start by saying I graduated from uni, landed a job with a big 4 firm in their their forensic team, earn a good salary, family is supporting me

Yet social life wise, it does not exist. I see people dating and shit, and I am unsure how the hell they do it, what am I missing exactly ? What is it so different with me ? I can't help but think I am ugly or something

It doesn't help too that I am foreigner here (in Britain), as I come from a different country with a very different culture and I can't say I enjoy the heavy drinking culture and how almost every social activity involves that

Moving back to my country at this stage would be suicide career wise, hence why I am just being patient but I feel emotionally drained and I am not sure I am able to keep it up anymore

What should I do /adv/ ?
>>
>>18612197
>Moving back to my country at this stage would be suicide career wise

Does the company you work with not operate in your home country?

Assuming its big and influential they might have offices there - and considering you are probably a citizen of that country you wouldn't even need a work visa.
So just try to see if you can file for a transfer?
>>
>>18612197
You have to go back
>>
Not everyone drinks man, look up meet-ups online for interests that you are into and go test the waters.
>>
>>18612197
Im guessing big firm = london or some other major city in the UK?

If so, theres plenty of things to do. Join a sports team, a "club", a social gathering. If you had any hobbies throughout university then you should try and find any open clubs for those.

For example, I enjoy doing stuff with electronics, design, and fabrication. Because of this I try and spend some of my free time in places called "hackspaces" or makespaces. Theyre just organsations where people go and make stuff, hang out, watch movies, etc... Just generally for people interested in the same stuff as me. Another thing would be hackathons, which are competitions held pretty much all the time where I can go and meet up with people and compete against others on a short "come up with an idea and make it, and the best idea/execution wins". You meet a lot of interesting people there who will invite you along to other things. Of course my examples are based on making things and technology but theres plenty of stuff out there for other hobbies/interests.

You can go out with mates who are drinking, you dont need to drink. If you're a fun person you'll probably make it more enjoyable when youre there. I personally am not much of a drinker, so I know the feeling, but I tend to have a blast when im with my mates and theyre drunk, and I try and do things to make up for the fact that I dont like drinking like tabasco sauce beer pong for example.

Before you try and find people, you need to find hobbies. Once you get hobbies you'll meet people who share those hobbies and things will get easy as you at least have that in common to talk about. Im not saying find someone and copy their hobbies, just find your own hobbies and people will want to know more about you.

Normally electronics and programming are very antisocial things, but by doing the things i do ive turned them into social activities. IF you insist on having "antisocial" hobbies try and see if theres groups you can join to share with.
>>
>>18612197
How about going back to your home country, if its such a shithole what can you guys possibly know what a good and bad culture is anyway?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.