[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lost in life man. I'm young, still in highschool,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

I'm lost in life man. I'm young, still in highschool, but I just feel useless. I was just thinking to myself, what good attributes do I have? Only things I can think of is that I'm good at video games (not even that good) I can run fast, I have a huge appreciation for animation, and I'm good at making people laugh at me. Those aren't good. I want to try to be better. I have no leadership, no confidence, no drive to do anything, I'm disorganized, I'm really bad at keeping a conversation going with new people, etc. I dont know what I expect from venting out like this, but idk please someone help? I'm tired of being a disappointment to myself and to my dad. I dont want to be the example of what not to be. Please someone help. I'm laying in my bed browsing 4chsn because I'm bored, id rather do nothing than something.
>>
>>18612166
First of all, leave 4Chan. You are young, you don't need 25 yos bitching about being virgins.

Second, what you feel is normal. We were all teens, and life sucks at that age even if you don't have any problems. Most of us had problems on top of being teens. And we survived. So can you.

>I'm tired of being a disappointment to myself and to my dad.

Now, this one is the most important one. Has he said that to you? Don't let that kind of crap reach you. You need to filter out those that don't do you good. It's hard escaping your dad (believe me, I know) but you have to tought it out, finish school, land a job an get the hell out of there.

Improving your life will take effort. But it can be done. Good luck OP. And stop posting if you are underage.
>>
>>18612166

You already know what to do, you just won't do it because you keep going through mental gymnastics so you don't have to confront reality. If you don't get yourself together then you're in for a really unpleasant life (readas: probably homeless, at best), don't run from that, deal with it. You like animation? Cool, learn how to do it yourself, or become an artist and do commission pieces/make your own webcomic or whatever and sell merch. You have no confidence because you won't try anything, start trying and your confidence will build naturally. Failure isn't the end of the world, the world will keep spinning. Just keep plugging along and do what you enjoy. If you're disorganized then make a realistically usable organization system for you (eg clean clothes in pile by closet, dirty clothes in pile by window, pens in second drawer).
>>
>>18612166

you're in high school, you're not supposed to be good at anything. everyone who claims to be good at something is at best just kinda okay at it cuz they're still just starting. I was the guy who made movies in high school. they were shit.

highschool isn't really about being good at something, its about focusing on what you like, and somewhere down the road you become kinda good at it. most people wont ever be great though, most people will just be good compared to the people who DONT do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. do what makes you happy.

>disappointment

well, what are you doing to disappoint him? if your general existence is somehow disappointing, then it sounds like your dad just doesn't like you.

confidence is defined as 'the belief in a truth'. so you need a truth to be confident in. prove your self with something, anything. why not start with your grades? its pretty much the best thing you can do well in at your age.
>>
>>18612166
follow this step by step.
>tell your dad to go fuck himself
>workout at the highschool gym
>make fun of other guys in class
>get a girlfriend
>don't come back here
>>
>>18612212

Wow, you really want this kid to get his ass handed to him.
>>
>>18612174
Thanks, my dad is the one trying his hardest to get me to do things though. He never said I was a disappointment, hes the best dad ever, I feel like he deserves a better son, one that would make him proud. I get bad grades, I'm really just dumb. I took summer school for algebra 2 and just found out that I never even took algebra 1, so I'm going to have to take it this year. I'm so fucking dumb, that was all probably my fault. I just want my dad to be proud and I want to make myself proud. And I browse 4chan because I have nothing to do, is there something bad with that?
>>18612200
Yes... The truth is fucking obvious to me but how do I make myself do it? It's so fucking hard for me for some reason. Why? I know there's nothing wrong with me, I'm able to do it, but I just dont want to. I want to though! I dont put effort into anything that beneficial, I'm already aware how bad that is. Please, what can I do to just better myself? I know I probably sound like an annoying person going through a phase but please just let me beg. Help me because I'm too weak to even help myself in the slightest of ways.
>>18612203
So the thing I enjoy is videogames. I just keep doing that? I just want to find something that would make myself proud. Something that's actually something other than videogames. My dad is great though, hes fine, I could just tell hes disappointed.
>>18612212
Again, my dad is awesome, I just have the feeling I'm disappointing him. I'm already on a soccer team so I'm fit really, I dont really like being the mean guy, I'm not interested in getting a gf right now.
>>
>>18612233
>I browse 4chan because I have nothing to do, is there something bad with that?

Well, dealing with frustrated semi-adults every day is not healthy.

But more on topic. Don't take everything so personally. We all make mistakes. I don't know why your grades are down, but take up good study habits and set a goal for yourself. Find a reason to finish high school. Find motivation.
>>
>>18612233

>I just keep doing that?

yes. but you can do other stuff too. When i said do what you love i dont mean pick one thing and grind on that until your pleasure center is destroyed. Video games are a great way to unwind without just vegging out. You're still focused, in work mode, but having fun and relaxing at the same time. its not a bad hobby to have and frankly i wish i could get back into it.

but yes, you can also find something that would make your self proud, like remember how I said you could focus on getting better grades? dont just ignore that. respond. affirm. work towards better grades. see if you can make the honor roll.

and if you happen to have spare time and drive after that, consider the following:

>volunteer work

go out there and volunteer once a week for at least 4 hours. give back to your community. dont do foo foo charity work though. work at a homeless shelter or at a soup kitchen. do something that ACTUALLY helps people in actual need, not just picking up trash for locals who are just gonna litter again anyway.

and if you still have more time after that

>learn to make video games

there's so many free engines out there and there's better ones you could pirate until you finish something worth paying for a license for. start really simple. maybe use rpg maker and create a simple game. dont start out thinking you're going to make some major epic. just create a simple story with like 3 battles and call it a day. then slowly start expanding that one chapter at a time. then try it on a more advanced software.

you can also try writing a book, by promising you'll write at least one page a day. in a year you'd have 365 pages.

you can also join the theater club at your highschool. sports require a certain baseline, but theater is more fun and you get to put something together creatively. Consider putting together your own short play.

do what you want.
>>
>>18612166
Remember that no one starts as a genius, natural talent is mostly bullshit. You're only good at what you practice for a long time. It's not because you're dumb that you're bad at maths, it's just because either you didn't spend much time studying it or because you were taught them wrong. Any monkey can become very good at anything if you study it seriously every day
>>
>>18612256
I browse /a/ a lot, cant be that bad. But thank you. I'm honestly going to try to get great grades, something as simple as that should make me feel 10x better.
>>18612273
Should I keep doing it if its preventing me from doing other things? And should I really be taking up a hobby if I'm already doing soccer, a job, and focusing on school?
>>18612293
Yeah but its hard actually finding the motivation or drive to practice it.
>>
Make schedules for yourself every day and follow them. It'll keep you on track. And when you feel like you're pursuing your goals to the best of your ability, the disappointment in yourself will vanish, and your dad's opinion won't matter.
>>
>>18612318
There's no real trick to find the motivation to do something. I barely passed law school because I never, in four years, really found the motivation to study in depth whatever we had to study. On the other hand, I've been studying japanese for two years every day because I got pissed I couldn't understand the one-second flash cards in Bakemonogatari

In the end you'll just do it if you want to do it for the hell of it, like those guys who clumb the Everest. You won't get the motivation to get good at maths if it's just to pass the exams, you'll get the motivation to do it you really want to make your father proud of you
>>
>>18612318

>should I keep doing it if its preventing me from doing other things?

doing what? ultimately, the answer is just 'if you want'. do what you want. balance it out with productivity, but do what you want. if charity work is more fulfilling then say, making a video game, then do charity work. considering the video game work can be kept as a last resort got nothing else to do hobby, its fun to have around.

.should i really be taking up a hobby if I'm already doing soccer, a job, and focusing on school

if you have the time for it sure, but in the OP you dont mention soccer or work, claiming that you have so much time that you would 'rather do nothing than something'.
>>
>>18612359
Actually made me laugh. Isn't it better to do something you should do rather than what you want to do?
>>18612365
I'm actually pretty burnt out on video games since that's all I did during summer. I might actually take up writing a little bit while I still have free time. And yeah I really have a lot of time that I just spend doing nothing. I have soccer conditioning that started this week, 4 hours each day, I'm going to apply for a job at burger king after I get my temps. But I'm doing this right when summer is almost over so that was dumb of me. I did nothing through out all of summer. Btw have you made any of your own video games or stories?
>>
>>18612401

i experiemented with game software, but the mediums never been enough to grab me, i prefer story telling in movie / television form.

I had my own web series for a few years that i worked on for most of highschool, lots of editing nad effect work went into it. did some shorts for a while and working on my first feature right now.
>>
>>18612401
>Isn't it better to do something you should do rather than what you want to do
It really depends. I remember that succesful french lawyer who killed himself when he was 50 because all his life he wanted to be a sailor and he felt he was a total failure because he couldn't get that one dream. You absolutely have to do what you should do (getting ok grades and later a job), but that should never prevent you from doing what you want to do
>>
>>18612425
Web series? Can you show me? You don't have to but this kinda stuff makes me feel like I could do it. I always wanted to do my own what if dragon ball manga.
>>18612432
Yea that's probably the best. Seriously thank you so much. I have to learn how to just balance everything.
>>
>>18612458

>what if dragonball manga

top kek. my web series was actually a sequel to sailor moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyP00o-_3U

thats a trailer but on the channel we have all six episodes (each split in to part A and part B).

we just cuz out the original shows animation frame by frame and layered it over new backgrounds, mixed and matched the characters in the frame, and added a tiny bit of new traced animation of our new character, as well as recolors on the costumes to make them look new
>>
>>18612478
Woah I'm actually impressed, but Jesus, that gunshot sound effect or whatever it is was just overused. What did you do exactly in this? Did you voice any of the characters or just editing? I was interested in editing videos for a little bit, made two small shit posts, got bored of Sony Vegas so I stopped.
>>
>>18612523

i didn't do any of the voices in this. sometimes id go in to voice a small extra male role but i enjoy it.

I created the entire project. I worked on it for something like 6 years
>>
>>18612606
I'd love to do voice acting, seems really fun to do. But what the heck, six years?! Didnt you lose interest at some point?! Aw man, you're actually making me want to do something.
>>
>>18612615

well i could probably do it a lot faster now. in that time we restarted twice. i created 5 really bad simple episodes. then i rebooted and created 2 better but still not great episodes. theni rebooted again and created 6 episodes, and at that point it only took like 3 years. I also barely worked on it at all for the 2 years i was in film school, and didnt owrk on it as much when i was doing theater and rugby, though i tend to do at least a tiny bit of work once a day.

there were moments of doubt where i wanted to quit cuz it didnt look as good as i wanted or as other peoples, but in the end it just motivated me to keep going. none of my competitors ended up finishing their fan made sequels despite how great they claimed to be and how awful i claimed to be.

i like to prove people wrong.
>>
>>18612675
Wooo nice job, seriously. Did you work on any projects after the sailor moon? Sorry for asking so many questions, you just seem really awesome right now.
>>
>>18612692

of course. mostly shorts and stuff. i wrote a lot of pilots that never got filmed, then one live action / greenscreen web series that got nixed towards the end cuz i couldnt get an actor to return to finish filming unfortunately. will likely do it again but start over.

earlier this year i decided i wanted to film nightmares ive had. they're simple videos, just legit adaptions of real nightmares ive experienced. theres some embellishments but its fun.

this one came out looking the worst:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6OJyYChnpc

but it was fun to make. to give it that dream like quality the actor is actually moving in reverse, and i just reversed the footage in post. for instance you notice the bag opens on its own, cuz we played it backwards. even him walking in he was just walking backwards, but we rewound it. didn't come out how i hoped but it was fun.

this ones my favorite:
https://vimeo.com/211116375

its gorey though!

this one was a lot of fun and i really loved working with the actor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQK3kMcdasc

this one was the first one i did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59kq85gdFTE

(watch with the lights off to see it clearly).

right now im working on a feature film where i combine the nightmares in to a story about insomniacs who experience them while awake.
>>
>>18612718
Ok the last video you sent was the best. That was seriously creepy, but the guy having curly hair kinda ruined it a little but that's the only problem I had with it. How come you're not getting any recognition? I dont see that many views on the videos. Btw what's your job?
>>
File: before and after.png (1MB, 960x1076px) Image search: [Google]
before and after.png
1MB, 960x1076px
>>18612766

by day i manage a psychic. The reason im not getting any recognition is because i havent done anything to warrant it yet. most of the videos i sent you are unlisted, i share them with friends or new people to show them what im talking about.

the only public ones are the sleep paralysis one you liked, which i put up to show my sailor moon fans what im working on, but they like sailor moon, horror is kinda out of their scope so it didnt get much attention. if i released the entire series week by week i will likely get a little attention, but im not sure if i will ever make those videos public.

and thank you. i like the sleep paralysis one a lot. i had to trace every single frame of that in order to adjust lighting separately. i had to make the black guy look brighter, and i needed to make the curly haired guy look darker, but then i traced his eyes and mouth to keep them bright, and also adjusted the background differently.

same thing for the nuke, that was filmed on a sunny day so i traced him frame by frame to make the background cloudy, plus had to add on those radiation burns of his skin melting etc.

the blood potraits was the easiest (and perhaps thats why its the worst) the only effects i did was cropping me out as i did the blood, and i super imposed the portraits into the scene seperately cuz i filmed it on a different day.

the tooth one is my favorite, no computer generated effects there, just took the time to break a denture and glue it back together. need to go back and black out his teeth in later hsots though.

the movie is going to have a LOT of tracing, which is really annoying but its going to look a lot better. pic related
>>
>>18612789
Do you only make serious/creepy toned videos?
>>
>>18612817

for the most part I swing serious. there's an element of comedy in most of my works though. My tone is similar to shows like buffy, misfits, orange is the new black, where the interactions are humorous but the consequences are serious. i rarely do straight comedy, sometimes ill write a script for it, but those tend to be more commentary based, where as my focus is on character development and growth.

horror is actually rare for me. i dont think im very good at it and it requires a very specific mind that I dont think i have ever really been able to figure out. the nightmares were something i did for more practice filming since it had been a while (i was in an accident last year that made me have to relearn a lot) and the horror movie feature is my first one of the kind. and its mostly drama based as opposed to horror based.
>>
>>18612830
What's your favorite movie? And from what I saw, there was really no comedy. Everything was creepy in its own way. Its not bad, it just seems like you make really good creepy films. Seriously, not even sucking your dick, they were good
>>
>>18612869

thanks man. in the movie version im not sure its going to come out as polished. it seems sloppy from the edits ive put together so far. i was on a bit of a time crunch for the feature because my actor is moving back home east to go to a graduate acting program.

as for comedy, they were missing from the nightmares cuz those were very specific adaptions of real nightmares i had, no added dialogue or anything like that. in my scripted stuff there is a lot more comedy, mostly the characters just making jokes about whats happening.

as for movies, its hard to say. i dont watch many movies. i watch a lot more since my accident cuz a friend would come over and make me watch em but i was never a big fan. i prefer long form, TV, mini series, etc.

nightmare on elm street and wizard of oz are some of my go to classics though. recent films are the planet of the apes franchise, power ranger movies, the big avenger films, etc.

and thanks man. its been a rough few weeks filming these projects and its nice to get some compliments on them. we got one hell of a final weekend of filming to get through and im so anxious about ruining everything
>>
>>18612907
How long will the movie be? And do you think you're good at writing dialogue?

Whats your favorite tv show then? And favorite anime cuz why not
>>
>>18612922

favorite TV show is buffy the vampire slayer. it was the first one i really started watching save for cartoons / sitcoms. the first show i saw that showed me what TV could be. i found it in 2010 when i was a senior and it shaped my mind as a writer.

as for dialogue, i go back and forth. i think i can be, but thats the part i have to redraft the most. My strengths tend to be arcs and story structure. I love finding the right way to turn a moment to flow into the next in a way that isn't just expositional but also character building. My dialogue is never stellar by any means, and it was a bit fast in this movie.

it will be about 90 minutes long give or take. i wrote it to 93 pages, which on average 1 page is 1 minute of film. it might run a bit long as the horror sequenes are rather drawn out i think.

other shows i like are misfits and bates motel, but both fall short with their endings imo and endings are important to me. no show has really reached 'buffy' with how powerful its ending can be.

favorite anime is probably FLCL. 6 episodes, so funny, but so beautiful, the layers and layers of metaphor and symbolism and small moments really stand out to me. after that sailor moon was my favorite growing up, and though I love the concept the show doesn't really do anything for me as a whole anymore.

attack on titan is a lot of fun but its hard for me to say its my favorite. i mostly watch it for the horror aspects.
>>
>>18612977
Lol I never watched anything you watched. I should probably watch FLCL. But 90 minutes is cool. I hope you make it interesting. But I have to go now. I'll subscribe to your channel. You'll post your movie on there right?
>>
>>18613005

i dont think the movie will be posted there specifically, but there will definitely be updates about where you can find it. probably hulu. but whatever happens there will be info there for sure.

im particular about my shows they are not for everyone. good luck man. i hope you find something that lights a fire in you. just know that when i was in highschool these videos would have been absolute shit. hell 2 years ago they woulda been absolute shit. you gotta start somewhere just cuz you love to do it and work your way out.

take care.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.