[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>had a friend >both him and I ride motorcycles >sometime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: a godamn hipster.jpg (15KB, 236x341px) Image search: [Google]
a godamn hipster.jpg
15KB, 236x341px
>had a friend
>both him and I ride motorcycles
>sometime ago he dies
>was thinking about trying to recover his old bike
>find out he gave it to his sister
>befriend her
>she tells me how she's never gonna sell it, for it's a memory
>few months later found out she turned it into a cafe racer and -possibly- sold it (not sure about that)

Is it unreasonable for me to be absolutely fucking mad?
>>
if she sold it, no. if not, yes.
>>
Don`t worry,I don`t blame you to be mad.That`s a understandable reason.
>>
>>18611894
I'm sorry, I don't understand the reasoning behind that.
I mean if you said the opposite I -sort of- would have understood the logic, but it makes no sense like that.

>>18611898
There's literally nothing I can do about it.
Fixing it would mean replacing a lot of shit (let's not get into the theseus's paradox) or spend an insane amount of money.

And beyond that, I guess I completely misjudged her.
>>
>>18611914
if she sold it then no, it's not unreasonable. if she didn't, then it is unreasonable because he gave it to her and she can make out of it whatever she wants.
>>
>>18611931
Oh now I understand, but I disagree.
>>
>>18611935
so you only made this thread to get your own opinios validated and not to hear other's?
>>
>>18611939
Welcome to /pol/ how can we help you today
>>
>>18611939
No, I disagree with the "she can make out of it whatever she wants" statement.
The bike was in her possession, but it meant something for many other people, including me.

If you take a picture of somebody and then you paint on it to the point you can't see the person, does it hold the same value to you?
>>
>>18611960
Technically it's he gave it to her to do whatever she wanted it's her posession not yours , nothing materials lasts only the memories do the bike may be gone but the memories won't so stop putting so much thought of what she might do with her possession
>>
>>18611960
i understand that it makes you angry. but you have no "rights" on that bike. it seems to me like you desperately try to give it a value it doesn't have. it's a BIKE. it doesn't hold the memories of your buddy, they are yours and nobody can alter those. it's normal to try to cling to memorabilia, but it's not reasonable.
>>
>>18611975
>Technically it's he gave it to her to do whatever she wanted
He sold it to her with the intention to buy it back, he wanted some money to fund a months long trip, in wich he died.
I didn't know he sold it to her, so I wanted to track the buyer to buy it back and keep it.

I'm not a particularly materialistic person, and I don't tie my memories exclusively to the bike,
but I feel like what she did was extremely disrespectful to him and his memory.

It's just her fucking vanity.
>>
>>18611997
What's his or her intentions were don't matter it was between them no you , even if you find it disrespectful that is irrelevant
>>
>>18612001
What kind of fucking retarded argument is that? I mean it would hold if he was still alive, I wouldn't even care about it.
But that's not the case, it had value.
>>
>>18612001
>nihilist spotted

kill yourself
>>
>>18612021
Oh well it does come down to that field doesn't it?

Some people value things and other don't.
>>
>>18612010
It doesn't matter weather he is dead or alive he sold it to her , HER not YOU what she does with it is up to her not you if he sold it to you then you would be able to say what happens with it not her.
>>
>>18612030
God fucking damnit, you can't even speak properly
>>
You're all idiots
>>
>>18612037
We aren't going to justify you being a prissy bitch , none of us you won't be able to do shit either way it's her property and she can do whatever she wants being salty is not going to
help you at all
>>
>>18611884
It's understandable that you're upset, but understand that it isn't your fucking bike. She doesn't have to sell it to you, or even tell you what she's going to do with it.
>>
Its perfectly understandable to be upset, especially since she went back on her word and sold it when she said she wouldn't. You're better off just not associating with someone who doesn't keep to their word on significant things like that. With that said though, you don't need the bike to honor your friend's memory, do it by riding till you die.
>>
>>18611884
no, i would be upset.

step two: get to be better friends of sister.
step there: fuck sister.
step four: turn her into a cafe racer and sell her.
step five: see how SHE likes it!
>>
>>18611884
>is it unreasonable to be mad

Yes it's always unreasonable.
You are welcome to feel anything you want as long as you understand that it's your own responsibility and not someone else's.
>>
>>18611884
you're an idiot, you had no claim whatsoever to his bike
>>
>>18611884
I get why you're annoyed, but it's his sister and he sold her the bike. It really has absolutely nothing to do with you at all lol. I don't say that to be cruel at all, I say it because it's a living fact. It isn't yours, it's hers. She can and will do what she wants with it. I understand you're annoyed, that's normal. I'm just sorry to say there isn't a thing you can do.
>>
>turned it into a cafe racer
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>18611884
If she sold it, it's reasonable to be pretty damn mad because she didn't sell it to you or ask you to make an offer. Absolutely fucking mad might be a bit much.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.