[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a loser? I'm 22, and still living with my parents.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sad-Wallpaper-2-610x513.jpg (31KB, 610x513px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Wallpaper-2-610x513.jpg
31KB, 610x513px
Am I a loser? I'm 22, and still living with my parents. Everyone I know has moved on, and living in their own places. However I'm in community college working on gettin an associates in software development. I've been in college for four years now, because for the first two years I was there I didn't know what I wanted to do,until I found out how much I enjoyed programming, and in my second year I fucked up and failed some classes, and my low GPA caused me to lose my financial aid. My dad offered to pay for my college, so I have been taking two classes a semester, that way he doesn't pay as much, because I feel bad enough as it is that he's paying for my college. I've been doing loads better, and have been getting the best grades I've ever had since I started taking software dev classes. But watching everyone around me moving out, getting their bachelor's degree, and just overall being successful, while I'm still living with my parents, still trying to get my associates makes me feel terrible about myself. I often feel very suicidal due to this fact, I feel I'm nothing but a drain on my parents.
>>
>>18611768
Are you unemployed? If you're only taking 2 classes per semester there's no reason you can't work 40+ hours per week.
>>
>I'm 22

I'm almost 28 and still live with my parents because rent here in NYC is too high, even with 3 roommates.

Enjoy the ride.
>>
>>18611780
I work making $10 an hour, however the place is only open Monday-Friday from 9-5. I would look for better work, however my schedule is super flexible, and I essentially make my own hours, so being a student it's very beneficial.
>>
>>18611768
You'll get yours, as long as you work for it. It doesn't matter when you cross the line, as long as you don't stop and get it done with. I have a friend who is 33 and just barely got his bachelor's, after working three minimum wage jobs for most of his current life. He got his, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to.
>>
>>18611768
You're on track to a great career that you will actually enjoy and pays incredibly well. I'd say you're on a better path than most, you just haven't been on your path long enough to start collecting the rewards. Imagine yourself five years in the future, if you continue on this path, then tell me if that still seems like failure.
>>
>>18611768

Are you moving forward with your life? Then don't feel sorry for yourself. Life is not a race. As long as you are moving forward, you are doing something with yourself. THe speed is your lesser concern right now.
>>
>>18611768
Bet you most of your buddies who moved out still have their parents covering their rent.
>>
>>18611768
I moved out when i was 20 but when i was 25 i stayed with my mom for 6 months to safe up money. There's no shame at living with your parents, its pretty comfy, and your parents love you, so as long as you try your best, they'll be happy and so should you.
>>
Ive done 4 years of college and I still have one year left before i can go to uni.

i wasted many years and took a long break. As long as you move forward do not feel bad. Be glad you found something you enjoy and that your parents are helping. They are glad too.
>>
>>18612877

im the same age as you and im super stoked to return to school. Theres billions of people way worse off than you so stop bringing yourself down.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.