[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>person I've been doing an online podcast show with wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (32KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32KB, 1280x738px
>person I've been doing an online podcast show with wants us to meet up at his apartment to record some kind of commercial or ad for the show. I've met him in person before at conventions or at recording booths to do shows in Manhattan, but never went to his place
>look up where his apartment is
>it's in the heart of one of the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn, East Flatbush.
Being a young white female, I do not want to go to his apartment alone, and then go home on the subway from there late at night.

The guy is black himself, so I don't know how to tell him "hey, I don't want to travel to your apartment because you live in a ghetto and I don't want to get robbed or assaulted on the way there"

What's a good excuse to get out of this?
>>
>>18611634
I've seen this thread before.
>>
>>18611634
Just stay over at his place and his ride his BBC until the morning. You know it's what you want.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170811-122636.jpg (1MB, 1046x1538px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170811-122636.jpg
1MB, 1046x1538px
>>18611643
Really? This is the first time I've posted this here.

Anyway, I checked the address on Google maps, and here's what it looks like
>>
>>18611650
u gonna get raped, possibly killed, go for it, rid the world your low iq ass who like putting herself in needlessly dangerous situations.
>>
>>18611649
He has a girlfriend who lives with him. She's the one who actually sent out the invitation and got me the podcast job in the first place since we used to be coworkers.

I don't know how to tell both of them I don't want to go without making them feel bad for living in a shithole.
>>
>>18611661
I don't want to get into this situation, which is why I'm asking how can I get out of it without sounding insulting. I dont even know if they realize where they live in dangerous since they're black.

They themselves are not hoodrats. She has a masters in computer science and he works at a hospital but does production work. So... I don't know why they live there.
>>
>>18611650
That looks like a one way ticket to rape town. Destination you. Can you bring any big guy friends with you?
>>
Bring a torch and dress up like a ghost then you won't have any problems
>>
>>18611674
Considering all my friends part of this podcast group are from Brooklyn, idk.

Not sure if you're familiar with New York City, but I'm from southern Staten Island. Even if their neighborhood wasn't a ghetto, it's still a bit far out.

To get there I'd have to take a bus from where I live into Manhattan. There are no buses that go straight to Brooklyn except to Bay Ridge. There's no trains from Bay Ridge to East Flatbush.

So the trip to south of Manhattan is around 45min-1hour, depending on traffic. Then once I get off the bus, I'd have to take a subway train which is another 30 min.

I told my boyfriend about it and he said, "fuck no, I'm not going and neither should you".
>>
>>18611634
Tell him you don't feel safe going home at night and that you want to reschedule so that you can go home during the day.
>>
>>18611693
Yes. Very sensible.
>>
>>18611689
Your boyfriend sounds like a pussy
>>
i hope one day you get raped and he caves in your skull
>>
>>18611673
This may sound strange, but black people actually can tell if a hood is dangerous or not.
If you aren't sure, call the local police in the area. They'll tell you where the high risk areas are.
>>
Just tell him to reschedule for an earlier timeframe since you don't feel safe going home at night alone. If he's as half as smart as I think he is, he'd understand.
>>
>>18611634
Then don't and go during the day.

But for the record, muh rape scare is retarded.

Yea bad things happen rarely, but you are also not staying off sidewalks because a car could go off the road and painfully mangle and permanently disable or kill you.
>>
>>18611693
Well here's the thing. They haven't decided on a day yet. They're currently asking us to vote via Doodle which Saturday or Sunday in September is best to meet up on. But the time to meet up for each day is at 4pm, which means I won't be leaving until it's dark.

I honestly just don't want to go at all. I'm possibly going back to school next month anyway so I'd rather just Skype video chat this in. Hell, one of our main hosts is in Florida so I don't even know why they want to do a physical meetup. It's just for a brainstorming session.
>>
>>18611723
It's not a rape scare, it's the risk of being robbed or shot. When you see fucking bars on Windows and doors and heroin needles on the ground, you stay the fuck away.
>>
>>18611693
Yeah, but they know I've gone home late at night when we've hung out in Manhattan. So is that really a good excuse?
>>
>>18611739
Yes, if the neighborhoods are actually that different in terms of danger to you.
>>
>>18611732
Op was mentioning the usual "young white female" concern of rape / assault, that is why I commented on it.

Its usually your parents or (ex-/prospective) BF that rape you. Strangers in neighbourhoods very rarely do.
>>
>>18611766
They won't rape, but a ghetto black hoodrat could still pull a gun on you.
>>
>>18611770
Then you pull out your wallet and give him the 25$ You have in it
>>
>>18611770
You are probably less safe as a young man in that situation. And I guess you give him your ticket fare or whatever.

And again, not that likely.
>>
As someone who's from New York City, East Flatbush in Brooklyn is known to have the most gun violence.

I wouldn't risk my life going.
>>
>>18611766
>>18611777
You're being really dumb. This is an unnecessary risk that could easily be avoided.

OP, just tell him it's tough for you to get out there, and it'd be easier for you to handle this meeting online/through Skype the same way you have in the past. Or suggest meeting somewhere halfway in between, to make it more convenient for you.

If he really pushes it, just say you don't feel comfortable traveling alone in that neighborhood as a woman. He'll probably understand
>>
>>18611634
>hanging out with a nigger
>ever
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.