[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

people who have tattoo's, please be completely honest: do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4022.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4022.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
people who have tattoo's, please be completely honest: do you regret it? if you could wake up tomorrow and they were all gone, would you do it?
why or why not?
>>
I enjoy mine. The tattoos are pretty much meaningless, but I love the memories i got while doing them (once with friends). I'd do it again.
>>
>>18611513
I've wanted them crazily and regret it.

Weirdly I'd rather be free of tattoos or have a fully body tattoo look.
>>
>>18611513
I don't and I would because getting my tattoo was a very conscious decision that I didn't take lightly.
>>
I like mine and only got them for aesthetic purposes. I can only imagine that anyone who regrets their tattoos is someone who didn't give it much thought before hand.
>>
>>18611513
I like the one I have on my chest and the one on my shoulder but I have a big one in my thigh that I hate. I have literally tried to scrub it off before when I first got it. It's so ugly and bad, I'm going to have to get a cover up now and it sucks
>>
I just got a new tattoo the other day. I don't regret any of them. I liked the idea of painting my skin since I was a kid, and I used to draw on myself all the time.

Insecure people will persist across any group of people. Yeah, folks sometimes get one or two regrettable tattoos, but those with several don't go under a needle for hours at a time unless they're sure about it.
>>
>>18612093
Or dipshit. More tatts these days is some edgy attention grab.
>>
>>18612103
Tattoos have been a bridge across historical and cultural boundaries for thousands of years, but yeah, sure, whatever dude.
>>
>>18611513
I got three all Meaningless I don't regret them ill be getting another next week probably too
>>
>>18612103
my skin is untouched but this is bs still
>>
>>18611513
I regret getting them on my forearms, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>18611513
Nope, I like mine. It's not meaningful or anything, but I like the design and it's in a spot I can cover up. But I got it the day I turned 18, and had been planning it for years, so I guess I was pretty sure.
>>
File: 1500841134147.png (443KB, 438x525px) Image search: [Google]
1500841134147.png
443KB, 438x525px
>>18611513

>do you regret it?

Not even once. I'm covered in them. Hands, arms, neck, chest, even my feet. I knew I wanted tattoos ever since I was a little kid. I was fascinated with them. I used to draw tattoos with sharpies on my arm in elementary/middle school and get in trouble.

I graduated from high school and went to an art school for a few years, didn't really find my passion there but I ended up working at a tattoo/piercing parlor. While I was there I kind of fell in love with the art form and traveled all over the world getting tattoos from all of my favorite artists. I didn't end up becoming a tattoo artist but I ran a successful shop for a few years, sold the business and now I'm investing in another. I love my tattoos. They are all memories of places and times I cherish and if I woke up tomorrow and they were gone I wouldn't feel like myself. I look in the mirror and I like the way I look. I think feeling good about the way you look is all that is important. If other people feel like they know who I am or what I'm about just by looking at my tattoos then so be it. I could care less.

However, here are my qualifiers; I completely understand if you don't want one. Its a commitment, its painful and its expensive. Some people feel most comfortable with unaltered skin and I think thats perfectly fine. Alternatively, I've never heard people with tattoos berate others for not getting one its always the other way around. Secondly, whenever a kid came into my shop asking for his first tattoo on his neck or hands I told him no. I think getting visible tattoos is a huge commitment and young kids aren't ready to make that decision. I decided early on I'd rather lose a couple bucks then help some kid ruin his career before it even started. I always knew I was never going to work in a corporate/office environment so it wasn't a big leap for me. I think tattoos are great but everyone should have their life and career in order before they start investing in them.
>>
I have two sleeves and a leg tattoo. Out of all of that work, I only regret one tattoo because the artist fucked it up and it's just an "okay" tattoo instead of a beautiful piece that I'm proud of. I keep it as a memento of my first tattoo though. I wouldn't get rid of any of them except for the "okay" one and even then, I'd just cover that spot with something beautiful.
>>
>>18612499
>Okay , well thanks for coming in. We will be in touch.
>*snickers* pfft haha
>>
>>18611513
Technically you're not asking me since I don't yet have any, but I'm strongly considering it and have been playing with the thought for a few years now.
I wouldn't know what motive to go for yet, but I'm strongly leaning towards something abstract.

I think >>18611821 >>18611842 >>18612093 >>18612429 and >>18612499 strongly indicate that if you think hard about it and are sure you want a tattoo, you will not regret it.
>>
No, not all gone. I love all 3 of my small ones (both feet and shoulder) but occasionally i regret the huge rainbow kitten on my thigh. I dont regret it being huge but I wish it was something else or done by a better artist
>>
File: IMAG0714.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0714.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Yes
>>
>>18613022
BTW Go ahead tell me the painful truth
>>
>>18613022
That would be so much better if it had a black outline and detailing and was smaller. From the thumbnail it looks like a bad burn or rash.
>>
>>18612945

Yeah, again, I own my own business. I work for myself therefore I can afford to look any way I want. I haven't been on a job interview in almost 15 years. In fact, I'm typically the one conducting the interview.
>>
>>18613047
Yeah I've been told that lol I hate it so much and I can't afford to remove it or even cover up makeup to expensive
>>
>>18613062
Can't you go and have some black and white detailing added in? I'm sure it'd look a lot better with a touch up too.
>>
>>18613062

A good artist could hit that with some black ink and add some depth. I've been in the tattoo industry for nearly 2 decades and I can tell you using one color of ink for a tattoo (besides black and grey) is not a common practice because the result is typically what you see there.

Find a good artist and save up to have it redone. Luckily the colors are all fairly light so even a whole cover up wouldn't be that difficult. It would be much much harder to cover up or alter something that had been done with darker colors.
>>
>>18613062
I like it. Usually all tattoos look the same to be, thick black lines and dark colours, kind of grim. It's nice to see something bright for a change.
>>
>>18613069
I've though about outlining it but I wanted kinda a watercolor effect tattoo IDK something I saw online but didn't go as planned. However I how it looks with warm color tone skirts, not sure what looks I'll get if I'll outline it but I'll give it a thought.
>>
>>18613080
Thanks
>>
>>18613096
You should look into some tattoo artists and get their opinions on what you could have done to make it look less like a rash or burn. I do think detailing could improve it, but I'm no tattoo artist and someone who knows what they're talking about could make it look good.
>>
>>18613022
When I saw the thumbnail I was like "what is that" but when I expanded it I was like "That's... actually pretty nice".
Some outlines and a touchup could do wonders for your tattoo, Anon.
>>
I've been inspired by a tumblr tattoo post but still hesitating because getting the same tattoo at the same spot on my body feels like cheap copypasta. At the same time I like it a lot and it's a great spot which is easily covered up (hip).

Meh. I'm in limbo. But I'd rather spend another few months carefully thinking this through than just letting some guy at a tattoo convention slap some paint on me.
>>
>>18613189
>I'd rather spend another few months carefully thinking this through than just letting some guy at a tattoo convention slap some paint on me.
I'm pretty sure that's the right decision.
>>
>>18611513
No, because all of them mean something to me, and I can cover them with a shirt.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.