[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop wanting to seek validation from other people? Whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1462273314690.jpg (52KB, 346x339px) Image search: [Google]
1462273314690.jpg
52KB, 346x339px
How do i stop wanting to seek validation from other people? Whenever people bring up relationships/sex it makes me feel inferior and want to change myself to become more appealing to others.

Whenever im not in a relationship i feel like im a loser.
>>
I'm married and I still want validation from other girls and I'm very lonely from not getting it now
>>
you need to learn how to validate yourself. everything else won't cut it. it's not something you get good at over night. you need to gradually weed lut things you to that undermine your efforts and you need to let yourself see the good in yourself without feeling weird about it. the single best way to build up your capability to validate yourself is if you stick to your own values even if you know it might not be validated by others. for example, move in with your partner even though your dad lives in the middle ages and thinks this is degenerated. or tell your mom how you actually feel about her still calling you every day. or share a risky sexual fantasy with your spouse. this also helps you to learn how to deal with rejection. the trick is to stick to the truth even if it is uncomfortable. with time, it won't upset you that much anymore if people don't share your views. congrats on making a MAJOR step towards true maturity.
>>
>>18611680
Work on the one you already got.
>>
>>18611501
Wanting validation is pretty damn normal for us social animals.

Even lets people crave placebo wank from social networks where all too often nobody actually gives a shit, "like" and forget.

IMO what we need though is a few people that don't forget, not some "like" from 200 zombie button pushers, so really hang with friends, family, your GF (eh, get one if you want one - takes a bit of effort and time but you can probably do it). Join a club or charity. Travel. Many things might help.
>>
File: 1234673823.jpg (23KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1234673823.jpg
23KB, 400x267px
I had this problem more than anyone else to ever live. I don't know how but I went from that extreme to not caring about looks as much as the average person.

It should pass... Maybe stop judging yourself on your appearance... Maybe you can't because you're stuck in a shitty situation where everyone is judging each other over appearances.

when you're in a higher state of mind (not a low, shallow mindset), you don't care about appearance at all... smile being ugly is beautiful in a world that treasures miserable vain beauty, but you need a higher state of consciousness to appreciate it... It's an animal thing you're doing, perfectly natural, you want to compete with others and defeat them by being more sexually/aesthetically appealing to the eyes.
>>
>>18611701
Is truth the same as real beauty?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.