[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you have a long distance relationship /adv/? How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0783.jpg (40KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
40KB, 384x384px
Would you have a long distance relationship /adv/? How would you make it work?
>>
Cheat every chance you get to keep things spicy
>>
What's the longest time you have went before meeting your ldr partner? To any of skins who have been in one .
>>
>>18611111
Yeah, as long as we
>Really do love each other
>Have a chance to meet relatively often
>Have a plan to close the distance
I would go for it.
>>
only if it is temporarily and with someone that i was in a relationship before it went long distance.
by visiting as often as possible and by doing anything do keep up the intimacy, iow share your day, even if it wasn't something unusual or exciting. do things like watch movies together and so on. send letters and little thoughtful gifts. i can only see this work if you already know the person very well.
>>
>>18611126
In between meetings, about 6 weeks.
Before we met in person after we started talking online, about 5 months.
>>
I'm considering one right now. I think it would work just fine for me since I like being alone and need lots of room anyway. I'm also not very interested in sex so that won't be a problem either. It's nice to have someone to visit every now and then, someone to talk to and someone to like. If she finds someone else closer to her and wants to break it off then I can live with that too. I don't know if I'd even want to live together with anyone, at least not right now.
>>
>>18611135
Do you think 3 years is too long? (To be together). But with the intention to try visit a couple times in between?

Also any other anons can give their opinion on this
>>
>>18611111
In a word. COMMUNICATE

Nothing more to say after that, so a little story. Should be greentext but fuck that. One thing I do with my gf, who is 6500 miles away, is to watch netflix together. We run the movie with identical timing and talk to each other through the whole thing. And we series binge. Three episodes later and just talking the whole time. It works.
>>
>>18611141
In the same bucket m8, I might not be able to visit in at least a year and a half
>>
>>18611146
It's really similar to me. Downside is not having met yet that's the only downside desu
>>
>>18611141
3 years together meeting up just once a year? Yeah, way too little.
If you need to stay long distance for an extended amount of time, meet at least every 3 months, and take turns (one time you fly to them, one time they fly to you) so each person ends up paying just 2 flights a year.

My boyfriend and I are staying long distance for a couple of years and the condition we had was never spending more than a month apart. We're meeting up tomorrow, we met up 3 weeks ago.
>>
>>18611153
Only problem me is im >>18611151
(Haven't had the chance to meet yet)

If I was rich I'd be down to visit often but in this case it seems like only I can make the effort to travel over, as much as they love me, it seems like I'm the only one making the effort to try visit
>>
>>18611153
What if that's impossible?
Op here, I have been in a LDR but it was with someone I didn't really felt strongly with and the distance just started showing it more and more. But with this new person I do feel very strongly about but idk if the distance will fade things.
>>
>>18611167
Have a serious talk about this. If you want a LDR, it has to be sustainable financially. You also absolutely need open communication and a plan to go through with it.
If they don't want to visit you and you don't have enough money, you can break up already because it is not going to work.
>>
>>18611175
In my opinion, if you don't have the means to meet up relatively often, then there's no point in getting into it.

I gave up on every expense to meet up with my bf as often as possible.
If you make meeting up your priority, you can definitely meet up.
>>
>>18611196
Point taken
>>
>>18611181
I see, 3 years truly is a long time for sure. I'll definetly have serious talk. LDR seems so tough I just wish things could be more convinient
>>
LDR are only possible if you're a shut-in or don't have a lot of opportunities with the opposite sex.
>>
>>18611111
You need a long distance shlong to make it work. If your dick can't reach out, she will look for one.
>>
>>18611111
i am in a long distance relationships. it sucks but i know he is worth it. the brightest person i knew
>>
Never been in one but if he calls me stays loyal and visits me 1 every 2-3 months I'm OK with that
>>
I was in a long-distance relationship with a girl I was dating while I was living overseas. To be honest we didn't stand on the strongest ground even when we were together so trying an LDR after I flew home was a pretty poor idea. After a few weeks I met someone else irl and also had come to seriously hate the LDR so I told her I didn't want to be in an LDR anymore, but if we met up again irl I'd be interested. She accepted it. I still talk with her though, we're on pretty good terms. Wouldn't try LDR again though.
>>
>>18611111
It's difficult and requires more commitment.

I was in one once and it took time to plan when to meet them and you can't just go visit whenever you feel like. It's really hard to make work but possible.
>>
>>18611111
You don't.
>>
>>18611111
I'd make it work by openly communicating my needs and desires as well as any complaints instead of bottling up until I explode and leave my partner. (:
>>
>>18611111
I just started mine hours ago. It's been a pretty rough day, but time will pass. I dated someone LDR after dating for 6 months and we lasted 1.5 years. Now I'm back here. Cheer's to four possible years.
>1500 mile distance
>We have access to each others messages and social media. Doesn't bother me, she suggested it.
>We plan on visiting every month
>Sleep together over Facetime/Skype/phone call
>Snapchat and text a lot

You NEED money to travel and make it work. I'm holding off on buying parts for my Benz and buying a Porsche. You gotta be willing to give up a few things. If you don't like that you have to sacrifice some things, you'll only resent your partner. I can hold off on car shit, privacy, etc. She can do the same.

>>
>>18611965
>>18611963
Add this to my list of things you should do.
>>
Me and this girl have been dating and I considered a LDR with her but the I remembered that 1) she lives on the other side of the world 2) it would be a 22ish hour plane ride to. I only work a part time job and I could get rehired at my old part time job as well. The problem is if I even want to. I work all these hours and give up sleep to meet a girl 5000 miles away for a few days and then fly 22 hours back and work work work again to do it again in a month or 3.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.