[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in such tremendous pain that I am bursting into tears every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tmj-pain.jpg (37KB, 633x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmj-pain.jpg
37KB, 633x600px
I am in such tremendous pain that I am bursting into tears every few hours.

I chipped a corner off an old filling about a month ago, and the dentist, who saw my insurance was about to run out, was like "well, you don't NEED a root canal, but let's give you one anyway." Had the procedure done, no problems.

Fast forward to this week, no pain in the tooth where it was done, but my jaw has swollen up, and it, along with my ear, are in a constant state of 9/10 pain. I feel every heartbeat in it. It is the worst pain I've ever felt. I am crying every single night, laying in agony. My blood sugar is in the 300's (I'm type one diabetic) and I can't even fucking eat.

I went to an ENT (ear, nose, throat) and they said it wasn't an ear infection (which I thought it was) and that is was TMJ, and I'd need to see an endodontist, and there was nothing they could do, besides write an RX for an antibiotic. There's no infection, so I don't know why that'd help, but I've been taking those for a week.

Went to the endodontist and they said "sorry, we don't treat TMJ. Go to your dentist." So I call the dentist in tears and they "the closest time we can see you is Tuesday."

I don't know if I can last until Tuesday, guys. I really don't. And whose to say they'll even do anything then?

I have tried every over-the-counter pain pill that exists. I have tried heat compresses. I've tried ice. I've tried massages. I've even tried holistic hippy bullshit. Nothing even alleviate a little of this pain.

ER is not an option, really.

Any help, at all? I am miserable.
>>
Ask around and see if you can see another dentist at an earlier time.
>>
Focus on the pain and maybe it'll be less intense. Maybe the sensation hurts a little more if you try to avoid it.
>>
It could be nerve pain if it feels weird, comes on and off.

I encourage you to see the dentist and they better know what they did, how to fix it, who you can go to.
>>
>>18610975
>the american healthcare system

Are they sure it's not an infection? Sounds like they aren't that sure if they wrote a script for antibiotics. If it IS an infection you could literally die, you could lose bone and soft tissue in the reparation of.

Can you not see another dentist? Is there not some provision in your insurance for emergency dental? Such places exist in my country.
>>
You'll be okay, get it figured out and it'll end, it's not constant so try to tough it out when it comes.
>>
>>18610975
You need emergency help, why isn't ER an option?
>>
>>18610975
Maybe a nerve connected to the tooth?? The dentist can definitely be your next step
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.