[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best ways to get over celeb obsession? It is classic celeb obsession,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1497043663245.jpg (332KB, 1668x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1497043663245.jpg
332KB, 1668x2500px
Best ways to get over celeb obsession?
It is classic celeb obsession, and I'm looking into ways of getting over it. The thing is with me, I do know it's all just delusions and that nothing will ever happen. From what I've read that is a big first step, is admitting there's an issue and that there needs to be something done. Some research I have seen info that points loneliness, boredom, and other mental issues like depression and anxiety. That sounds like what's going on, I'm so starved for attention and a social life that I've clung on to something that's fucking stupid. No, I've never had thoughts of hurting anyone, going to find them or anything.
>>
>>18610633
The best way to get over a celeb is to just stop following what they are doing. Pretty fucking simple.
>>
You could always find a lover that bears resemblance to them?
>>
>>18610641

If he's truly obsessed then his brain will bring him back to it duh. That's the point of obsession. He CAN'T just drop it.
>>
>>18610649
funny. good joke
>>
>>18610652
Yes, he can. It's a matter of willpower, just like any other addiction.
>>
I suggest finding another hobby. Find something you like to do and get sucked into that. Even if it costs a bit more like going to the theatres or renting movies.
>>
>>18610649
Not OP, and completely irrelevant to the thread but my wife looks like Dr. Cameron from House.
>>
>>18610641
This, and, perhaps finding local girls you're interested in? I fantasize about celebs all the time when I'm alone, but if you can physically have someone at your side that actually loves you (or is at least interested in you) it can definitely help take your mind off the celeb obsession.

Don't just settle for anyone either though, make sure they're up to your standards so you're not wasting their time, as well as yours.
>>
Brandon, these guys don't understand how obsessed you are with Lauren. You need professional help.
>>
>>18610698
The things is a lot of what was said was me fucking around. I'm at the point now where I want it to stop. I know that I can't reverse the social damage done but I can get help for this
.>>18610657
I have done this, I got into the martial arts, started working out, and the only thing really missing was the social life part of my life. There was times then where I would think about her but it was less often than now. I'm trying to figure out why this happened and what I can do on my own to get over her. I've never had obsessions with celebs before either.
>>
>>18610698
Bump
>>
>>18610910
Srs bump
>>
>>18610656
That's what I'm going to try first is try to will her out of my mind. At least I can see that theres a problem and that I want to rid myself of it, so I can't be that bad off right? I do feel regret, shame and embarrassment over the whole thing and wish I would have stopped when I was told to.
>>
>>18611430
Hh
>>
Do like other anons said: stop following her social media, find yourself something to occupy your mind, learn to control your thoughts. Lastly, realise that she is a pipe dream and nothing between you and her will happen, therefore losing time and energy on crushing on her is just pointless. Chase real girls, anon. And pick better celebs to follow, for god's sake.
>>
>>18610633
Serious answer that will probably solve your problem. Go on an anti-depressant called Zoloft. It will lower your libedo but it'll help your desires.
>>
>>18612136
That boy actually has a better nose, hers is weird.
>>
>>18612141
I've been perscribed zoloft before, that was just for straight depression and anxiety. .. I want to move on from her, yeah she's the girl of my dreams and is everything I wanted but can't have. I face the reality, I face the delusions. I know its all in my head, but she keeps popping up. From what I read this isn't something that hasn't happened before and some people do develop infatuation or flat out obsessions with celebs. Its in our nature to be attracted to those above us. Its just never left this forum or my head, I've never stalked her or anything like that, thought of harming her or anyone she knows. So I'm not some psycho, just a guy wanting to get over a really big three year crush ( and the memeing too) and able to Say that this needs to end.
>>
>>18612148
His face is more symmetrical too, and he has better hair. Topkek
>>
>>18612323
Yeah, and this right here man, this is a symptom of your depression and anxiety. If you've gone of your meds get back on 'em. I'm pretty confident that they'll help you out man. Godspeed
>>
File: 1440290060291.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1440290060291.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>18610633
>realize that there is close to zero chance of them ever even finding out you exist
>beyond that, there is even less of a chance they will remember you or want to know your further
>they will never marry you
>start dating normal people because youre just trying to fill the void with something so unattainable youre psychologically putting it on a pedestal of perfection
or try to get a job in hollywood and meet some of them, then end up in hot water for acting like a creep when you "flirt"
>>
>>18613232
I'm talking about Lauren mayberry
>>
>>18612136
>>18612148
>>18612390
ok... so one of those is "Finn Wolfhard" and the other is "Lauren Mayberry". But which is which?

I'd fuck either, or both, but still...
>>
i thought your obsession with lavren wasnt serious, which is it?
>>
Are you baby tampon boy?
>>
>>18613264
I want to forget her
>>
>>18610659
Congrats.
>>
>>18613317
>>18613317
don't think thinking about someone is unhealthy, my thing is right now I just want her off my mind. Its not like I'm drinking or anything over her its more just wanting her off my mind.Staying off from /mu/ or using some filters can maybe help. When I was on there earlier there was a me/Lauren thread still trying to keep the meme ( a stupid one at that) going so I think being constantly reminded of her does it too. I just think about her, what she's doing, where she is,who she's with, how the new albums going. Almost 24/7 can't be healthy and I need to figure out the root of this problem and nip it in the bud. I do like her and find her interesting, I know I won't be part of her life and she won't be in mine.
>>
>>18610633

Send the celeb a pipe bomb so that there won't be that celeb to crush over
>>
File: 1488150592035.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488150592035.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
>>18610656

>It's a matter of willpower, just like any other addiction
>ignoring all the medical research on addiction that prove it's not just willpower

whew
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.