[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gay, and I've literally met two other people who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: yanni-5.jpg (35KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
yanni-5.jpg
35KB, 700x498px
I'm gay, and I've literally met two other people who wasn't into hooking up and preferred closed relationships. And for comparison, many, many people that didn't seem to share those values.

I realize most people aren't gay, but the contrast on /adv/ is surprising. Strict monogamy is by far considered the norm, and sleeping around, or having a history of a lot of partners is slutty.

I'm not saying I disagree, but what's with this difference? It can't JUST be because I'm gay- all my straight friends seem to hook up with people from time to time too.

Explain yourself /adv/. Do you not actually have a lot of life experience? Are you young? Old? If you honestly do know what you're talking about, and sluttiness still doesn't seem normalized, how would you describe the type of people you hang out with?
>>
I have no idea what you're asking or what you're getting at, so I'll just dump info

Percpetion: Promiscuity: Commonplace; destructive ideal
Perception: Monogamy: Rare; Healthy ideal
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Sexual partners: 0

I'd like be a ho for a year or 5, and then give it up to create a stable family.

Am I typical of /adv/? I kind of doubt it. In general though i swear we're seeing a lot of ideological overflow from that madhouse /pol/.
>>
>>18610558
>>18610585
I should have said "Strict monogamy is by far considered the norm ON /ADV/"
I'm wondering why everyone gives advice under the assumption that sluts are rare when it seems like it's the opposite to me. There are very few people that don't have casual sex from time to time as far as I can tell.
>>
All the above average looking people I know slut around.
>>
your sample is biased, normal ppl usually dont have gay friends, its usually sluts and alike befriend gays because they seek justification in their lifestyle

if you think fucking every living human for fun is the norm you are way up your gaping asshole
>>
>>18610592
you say that like I do it myself. I wish it wasn't the norm, but it is. My straight friends I know from school too, not from being gay.
>>
>>18610592

Nah man. If you're a socially adjusted person in the West in 2017, then you will be slutting around if you're single. Its the default state. You don't even have to be attractive - 4.0's are getting their fuck on if they're socially integrated.

And that's the crux of it I reckon. 4chan in general is not full of socially adjusted people.
>>
>>18610667
This guy gets it. Mostly at least, everyone's fucking for sure. Do you really think the only reason not to like sleeping around is being poorly adjusted though?
>>
>>18610558
It's a function of age and maturity. Most younger guys (Let's limit ourselves to guys for the moment - women are more complicated) have the impulse to collect notches on the bedpost, regardless of their orientation. It passes as they grow up emotionally and begin thinking about relationships.

If there is more promiscuity among gay guys, it is more society-generated. Until very very recently, and still not yet in many places, gay guys could not feel comfortable being open in public, and so furtive down-and-dirty never-see-him-again encounters seemed safest. Also, a lot of gay guys don't realize or acknowledge their sexuality until later than straights. So, in a way, they are "younger" and thus a little behind some straights in discovering that what they want is love more than sex.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.