[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been reading about attachment styles, and I feel I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: cage and sun ra.jpg (139KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cage and sun ra.jpg
139KB, 500x375px
I've been reading about attachment styles, and I feel I'm completely the "anxious" type. In relationships I lack trust, need constant reassurance, get jealous, and need to talk with my partner throughout the day, off and on. I restrain myself and try not to let it get too bad, but I don't know if I'm good at that. I just want to throw an example of something that just happened to see what you think:

So I was messaging my bf tonight and the topic led to some of my insecurity related stuff, and after a bit he went quiet. It was about an hour after he usually falls asleep for work, so maybe he just fell asleep. After a few messages and realizing he wasn't responding, I said night and sorry if it wasn't a topic he wanted to talk about. I don't know if he went quiet because he just fell asleep or if he was feeling resentful; I know he doesn't like it when I'm acting insecure, but he wasn't acting unhappy right before. I mostly assume he just fell asleep.

Anyway, a few hours later I more or less absent mindedly message him goodnight again because now I'm planning on going to bed. Right afterwards I realized how stupid and needy that was cause I'd already said goodnight. It would be annoying if anything.

The thing with being anxious in relationships is that the anxiety is a self fulfilling prophecy... meaning there are two stages- being anxious about nothing, and then having that anxiety cause an actual problem in the relationship.

Which stage am I on? Am I pointlessly worrying about annoying him for stuff like having sent that extra (and could be seen as passive aggressive, even though that wasn't the intention) goodnight message? Or would stuff like that really be a red light and sour a relationship?
>>
Attachment styles? Is there a test for it? I think I've shown some traits like you have in the past and also dated people with them. Not directly your question but, What I've noticed in my experiences on both sides of it is; your s/o can never quiet your anxieties by force. What I mean by that is trust is not earned inherently, it is given when a person decides (key is DESIDES) to be vulnerable with another person And trust them in the vulnerability. You have to decide to trust your boyfriend to have your back, he can never show you enough to force away your doubts if that makes sense. (Obviously the other part of that is choosing people worthy of trust)
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.