[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I date a guy 13 years older than me? I didn't plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1469238297091.png (444KB, 1139x358px) Image search: [Google]
1469238297091.png
444KB, 1139x358px
Should I date a guy 13 years older than me? I didn't plan on falling for him but he treats me so well, like a romance novel and says I'm the best thing that ever happened to him. He has a few red flags like an ex wife and kids and stuff.

Is it bad to stay with him? I know he'll want to make things more serious eventually. I hate being single and I want to be a housewife. Is it too soon to settle for a nice guy? Ask for any other details.

Pros and cons or advice?
(F22)(M35)
>>
golddigger
>>
>>18610409
I thought the point was that you all hated women who wanted to just fuck random guys and never settle with the nice guy. He's not really anywhere close to rich.
>>
>>18610395
Depends on whether the exwife and kids are an issue for you. I got married when I was 22 and my husband was 25, and we are still going strong 6 years later.

If you can't handle him having to deal with his ex-wife, and don't want to deal with the kids he already has, I wouldn't commit, because his kids will always be more important than you, and he's gonna have to deal with his ex-wife because of that.
>>
>>18610475
His kids are still in their early teens. I haven't met them yet because I know it's important. I don't know if they could actually see me as a step mother, or how I would step into being a parent half way through their lives instead of at the beginning.

I suppose I'm handling it because they live with their mom but it is something I'm avoiding. Might be a deal breaker once I meet them.
>>
>>18610505
Get ready for his teenaged boy/s (presuming he has one) to fantasize about you if it does work out. That's just something that's going to happen, presuming you are good looking at all (which, considering both you and your bf are at the peak of your sexual market value, I'm assuming is the case).

One more thing to consider is the fact that most men die in their 70s, and women live well into their 80s. He could be dead before you even hit retirement age, at which point, you're looking at 20 years by yourself. Not saying its a deal breaker, but something to consider.
>>
Don't you have any other life aspirations?
>>
File: 1409626088302.jpg (327KB, 892x894px) Image search: [Google]
1409626088302.jpg
327KB, 892x894px
>>18610520
Being a good housewife and a good mother is one of the most fucking important things anyone can do. It's literally the backbone of civilization. It's why men go and kill themselves on the battlefield; to protect that.
>>
>>18610505
>I don't know if they could actually see me as a step mother, or how I would step into being a parent half way through their lives instead of at the beginning.

Hold it right there. One thing you have to realize straight away is that you will never be a parent to them. You're hardly ten years older than they are, at MOST you'll be like a big sister (who happens to be sleeping with their dad). They already have a mother, and it's not you. That's good news though.

Watch S5 and S6 of Mad Men for reference. The main character is about 40 with two kids and he marries a 25 yo.

Oh and what >>18610516 said.
>>
>>18610529
Anon... What exactly makes you think that a lazy and uneducated girl who is just looking for a decent provide who will allow her to live comfortably while being mostly idle would make a good mother? She even stated in the OP that she doesn't plan on falling for him, so she is not in love with him and doesn't plan on falling in love with him. What makes you think a woman who is with her man for convenience only would make a good mother? What makes you think a woman who settles down with some dude only because she hates being single would make a good mother?
>>
>>18610520

Not really. I want to be a mother and a good wife. Every other woman throughout history has wanted that up until the last 50-100 years or so. I think its weird that everyone thinks that is a strange goal for a woman to have now.

I like dating. I like making my boyfriend happy and cooking for him and making sure the house looks nice. I want children and I'd prefer to quit while I'm ahead with this guy. I hate being single with no one to focus my attention on. I'd end up with 10 cats that way.

I've dated guys my age and they seem compeatly uninterested in marriage or even simple things like getting a girl flowers. So if I left this guy because of his kids I would just be trying to find another 30 year old guy. Or wait until a guy my age and myself were both 30, which is a risk I'm not willing to take on someone incase they leave me stranded and barren.
>>
>>18610475
Anyone have experience being a step-parent?
>>
>>18610452
No, no, no. All the guys on here hate women who want to fuck guys other than them. The rest is just bullshit to cover up their real motivation.
>>
>>18610542
Women who lack ambition make poor mothers. Overambitious mothers make poor mothers too, but your life philosophy seems to be very narrow-minded. There is nothing wrong with desiring a traditional life but it doesn't look like you have much to offer to be a good mum.
>>
>>18610532
I have first hand experience with that as my father is dating a woman 15 years younger than himself. She really had her shit together though. Makes more money than him, owned her own place, graduated university. I'm not at that level yet and I'm afraid of being seen by the children in a bad light. I don't want to be their parent, but I would like them to think of me as an adult at least. I have to prepare myself for how to act around them when I do meet them.
>>
>>18610545
Yes, but I already had my own kids, and my step daughter was like 3 when I started dating her mom, so it wasn't actually all that weird. It's a bit different when you're only a few years older than your step kids, and have no previous experience raising children. So my stories probably aren't going to be a big help.
>>
>>18610539
Slight correction from OP...

"Didn't" plan on falling for him. As in I have, in spite of myself, for the way he treats me.
>>
>>18610395
mfw i can't get a girl 13yrs younger than me.
>>
>>18610549
What kind of things should I have to offer besides what I have? I plan on having a husband, a house, a pet, and a *good* job before having kids. Besides the actual raising of them I'm not sure what else there is to offer?
>>
>>18610395
its all a show, he wants that young fresh puss puss
>>
>>18610395
My uncle married a woman 10 years younger than and they are one of the most stable happy couples I know.
>>
>>18610605
I can imagine. It seems like men hit the "marry and settle down" age a lot later than women so it makes sense biologically for women to date older men.
>>
>>18610561
That's because 3 year olds don't date.
>>
>>18610601
Of course, what guy wouldn't? He could get it (and has) without bringing flowers the next morning though.

I know this kind of behaviour probably won't keep up forever and that's normal but for now it's nice to be treated like this. If he just wanted my body in the begining, he's fallen unexpectedly just like I have or god help the attention he would give to a woman he actually loves.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.