[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move out on my own? I want to relocate and start over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1501224730366.jpg (699KB, 2000x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1501224730366.jpg
699KB, 2000x1003px
How do I move out on my own? I want to relocate and start over somewhere, but my resources are scarce. I have a car and about 8K to my name. But I only have retail experience and I don't think I could feasibly live on that kind of income. Not to mention, I don't know where I would even go.
>>
Are you in states ? Do you look autistic?
>>
change cities to a big one nearby, find a job there first and you might be fine, rent a studio and enjoy your lonely life.
>>
Then don't move out... Live where you live for a while until you can support yourself when you move out. If you really want to move out, get a job which will get you enough money at the end of the month that you'll be able to pay your bills and shit as well as you will have to make a lot of compromises.. I would recommend getting a full time job and be a delivery guy part time or some shit.. Try cutting costs over things that dont matter much..
>>
>>18610226
I'm in the states. I look weird, yeah. Autistic? I dunno.

>>18610231
I'm already living in the suburbs of DC, where studios start at around 1k. That's not really feasible for me. I'm afraid it's the same in most major cities.
>>
>>18610234
Trouble is, my area is really expensive and I could never afford it here. I already work full time and live pretty minimally. I mostly just buy groceries and gas.
>>
>>18610223
I know this feel.

First thing to realize is that your deposit and initial expenses (furniture is the most expensive, I would recommend buying a cheap futon mattress and then utilities before anything else) will drain most of that 8k if not more of it.

You will need a salary that is at least 4 times your rent (this is to even get the lease).

So essentially you really need to find at least one job that pays well. If you have several income sources you will need to provide proof of that income amounting to at least 4 times rent so in other words you need to already be earning it.

I know it's hard, but if you can do it it's worth it. It changed my life. Try to leave your family on good terms if you can, but I know this isn't always possible.
>>
>>18610248
I severely doubt I have the ability to attain a job that pays more than 12/hr, and even that is being optimistic. I have no education. And acquiring a degree would mean years more in my parents' basement. My family is negatively impacting my mental health as is. I can't afford years more of this.
>>
>>18610264
Your family is supporting you financially?

See my post here >>18610281.

Trust me it's worth it. Study really hard and try to obtain scholarships and bursaries to move out asap (you can obtain them even after first year, uni res at a good university is relatively cheap you can get food and everything there).

Alternatively get into a trade as soon as possible.
>>
>>18610248
i'm looking to move out alone soon, any advice for a first timer?
>>
>>18610297
How old are you?

In a new city it's really shitty to live in a cheap building because you'll probably spend a lot of time in your room.

I would really recommend trying to find roommates (preferably uni students) because you can usually afford nicer places splitting rent of 2-3 bedrooms.
>>
>>18610314
23, i have moved out previously with other people but i'm unsure of how to restrict my spending more or ways to cut corners
if i'm lucky it's 1k a month for a small apartment where i'm earning ~800 a week
>>
>>18610314
Oh right one more piece of advice that requires a lot of time investment:

The BEST place you can live is in modern developments that failed in the sense of never becoming popular.

Search in newly developed/redeveloped areas.

The realtors eventually give up on finding tenants and drastically reduce rent prices. So you can live in a huge modern complex with basically no one else around.

Modern buildings are also safer more sound proof.

A good night's sleep is more important than you realize right now.

Buy your kitchen shit and toilet wares at Walmart or similar cheap places. Buy the cheapest low desibel fridge you can find (you can unplug it overnight if it makes too much noise in your studio). Fridges are really expensive but a must if you want to eat healthy. Microwave and kettle etc is cheap af. Don't buy a desk or coach. GET curtains.

Buy bulk foods. Canned soup is great for micros then buy cheap high calorie macros (try to minimise sugar and maximise protein, this is hard on a budget and requires experience, ask on /fit/ for help). A mutli vitamin can help you survive a forced shitty diet.

This is bad advice but alcohol and smokes really were worth the money for me at first. It can really help you make your life better. I didn't get addicted I drink about 4 times a year now and don't smoke anymore. Buy cheap bourbons and very very little smokes (expensive brand cigs and cheap cigars).

Also you will need toothpaste+brush don't be retarded. Take good care of your clothes they are expensive.

Sunscreen is cheap and the minimum skincare you need.
>>
>>18610344
Not bad man. Just find a night shift job and you're basically set.
>>
>>18610223
Wichita, KS is one of the cheapest places you can live. There's some apartment complex, Pawnee Park, then rents out rooms for 400/month, with electric, water, and cable tv included. They are also pet friendly, and have a bus route that stops closeby. Even if you only get an $8/hour job at 30 hours per week (12.5k per year gross), you should be able to comfortably afford living there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.