[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to love someone you've never met, and never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1486937035815.jpg (134KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486937035815.jpg
134KB, 1200x1000px
Is it possible to love someone you've never met, and never even seen? If no how do I convince my brain/heart of that.

I've got an anxiety disorder, and one of my simptoms is obsessive thoughts. Often phrases that repeat over and over in my head like they are stuck on loop whenever I'm not otherwise distracted. Usually they are upsetting, like "I want to go home" or "I hate myself" or "I want to die" or simply "shutupshutupshutup". But now that I'm infatuated with this guy those bad thoughts have been replaced with "ilovehimilovehimilovehim". I can't tell him because we live a literal continent apart, and a relationship wouldn't work. If I tell him I think he'd shut me down or tell me to stop, but I'm happier loving him than I was before. Only, so long as I'm loving him I can't think about anyone else. Or anything else, really.

What do I do?
>>
File: 1499504392236.jpg (505KB, 840x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1499504392236.jpg
505KB, 840x1343px
I don't know you so I can't tell you what to do. I can tell you what I would do though. Realize that this isn't possible and long distance relationships are interactive video games for all intents and purposes. The person that he shows online and through messages is not the person he is in real life. It's a persona. I would keep the guy as an online friend and enjoy spending time with him in my spare time but nothing more. Who knows what could happen in the distant future but I would realize that wanting to love and be loved in a proper relationship should come after you are financially stable and skilled. Otherwise you are wasting your time with half hearted people that have nothing to really contribute to a future.

I also have an anxiety disorder. I repeat things like "I want to die" constantly in my head when I make mistakes or think about them. I then fixate on these mistakes I've made, obsessively going over why I messed up and hating myself for months at a time. So I feel like I know how you might feel. Although, anxiety issues aside, you're in love with a person that doesn't really exist and I wouldn't waste my time on that. Have self respect and don't let your anxiety rule your actions and time.
>>
>>18610187
Kind of hard to be nothing more than friends when he also acts as my dom. Not full time dom, we only talk a few times a week, and it isn't always sexual, but our relationship has been that way pretty much since it began years ago. At first it was just fun and exciting, but I think I fell in love with him slowly. I only really acknowledged it recently when I started getting more attention from the opposite sex. It feels good to realize it. I don't want somebody else, I only want him.

But yeah, I know that it's not possible. I just don't know how to extract myself from these feelings. This has honestly been my only relationship with a man that wasn't completely platonic. I want to hold on to it.
>>
just detach and cut off. dehumanize. it's how i got over my ex
>>
How far away do you live from one another? Like, he lives in Canada and you live in Texas or you live in Russia and he lives in Colorado?
>>
>>18610052
>Is it possible to love someone you've never met, and never even seen?
Why do you care?

To me it sounds like compulsive thoughts about love are much better. Why would you try to stop it?
>>
>>18610868
I live in the PNW, he lives in New England.
>>
>>18610983
Because I'm 25, have no other relationship experience, and crave companionship. If I were younger I'd just let it happen and eventually fizzle out, but my quarter life crisis is telling me I should be on the market looking for a real boyfriend while I've still got my looks.
>>
>>18610052
Just tell him and see how he reacts. If he shuts you down then you have your answer. It's better than wasting more time having false hope.
>>
>>18611973
See. This isn't real love.
>>
>>18611964
>PNW
>New England
Wat. You live in the same country? Just go travel somewhere that the two of you can meet up. Cool music festival on the east coast? Boom. Going to Vegas? Done. Meeting someone in the same country shouldn't be that hard. If you hit it off, keep having these meetups and maybe it'll turn into something.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.