[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A psychologist told me that my agnosticism is hurting me, like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates.jpg (466KB, 1276x1068px) Image search: [Google]
David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates.jpg
466KB, 1276x1068px
A psychologist told me that my agnosticism is hurting me, like there are always two or more people arguing different points in my head, trying forever to come up with the "most accurate" opinion. They said it keeps me from relating to others and experiencing the present. Everyone I have ever loved has left me on the basis of something I said without the intention of hurting them. All of my friends, family, and partners eventually piss off because I disagreed with them on something that was a hot-button issue, and chose to argue. Other people I know like this either become master bullshitters, juggling everyone's different false beliefs in order to still associate with them, or they are basically left alone most of their lives.

Think of a pettier, more immature version of Socrates drinking the helmock. So, what the fuck can I even do about this? Looking at things doubtfully, and shooting for as much accuracy in life as possible, is just part of the way I am. Am I going to be alone forever, unless I start bullshitting?
>>
>>18609976
>he hasn't realized his beliefs are just as pointless as anyone else's kek
What beliefs are you referring to? I can garuntee yours are just as retarded. You just sound like someone who picks on others beliefs just because it bothers you.
>>
>>18609976
you want to be as accurate as possible? Despite realizing that it is destroying your relationships? You gain literally nothing from this, you're being naive and retarded. And re-reading your post, you're just autistic. Learn when to back off, how to read when you're on pushy topics, and other important skills. It'll get you much further and make you much happier than trying to chase after "muh ultimate truth"
>>
>>18609976
>>18610016
>>18610022
you are all dumb
>>
>>18609976
Call them faggots and quit paying for shrinks
>>
>>18610023
you're wrong. Debate me and I'll tell you why I'm correct in 12 different ways so that your pathetic brain can hopefully grasp at least one
>>
Look at all of the people here who are insecure about their intelligence.

Oh, someone with a shred of actual confidence who was able to give an intelligent reply!
>>18610025
>call them faggots and quit paying for shrinks
...I'm in my early 20's, so I can't say how well this will work over the course of a lifetime. I didn't pay for the shrink though. The most they'll ever get out of me is a copay, or they had better be one of those therapists that put out.
>>
oh and,
>>18610022
>ya gotta know when to hold 'em
>know when to fold 'em
>know when to waaalk away
>know when to run.
this is easy with some people, not so easy with others. it's very complicated. maybe I should just shut up the fuck up forever and let everyone be wrong when they are wrong.
>>
>>18610120
being able to let people be wrong when they are wrong is an admirable trait to strive for
>>
>>18610128
okay I will start trying
thank you
>>
You need to connect with people on non-controversial beliefs. Most people don't need to debate to have a good time, they just don't want you to be argumentative. You also need to keep some stuff to yourself and explain to others how there's no point in worrying about highly personal opinions, especially if your beliefs are just abstract and don't really result in changes where you live. If the people you are with are too narrow-minded, then you need to find, not necessarily like-minded individuals, but open-minded ones. I guess the sanest thing that one can do is agree to disagree.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.