[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me, about to be 24 years old >Dad is a work addict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>Be me, about to be 24 years old
>Dad is a work addict
>Dad abandoned my mom when I was a baby to grab a great job opportunity on the other side of the country
>Be raised by mom, very decent woman. Get visited by dad once or twice every two months
>Fast forward to middle school, be in a shitty public school because that's what my mom can afford, same with high school
>Around 15 years old, my dad introduces me to his wife and my brother, to form a healthy relationship
>Find out he's been living in my city again for like three years and he's being doing great
>Brother goes to a private, top notch school
>Struggle to finish high school, dad was mad at me, somehow finish it
>Takes me to work on the company he was just starting
>Time to go to College, because every single person around me expects me to get a degree
>Pick Computer Engineering because I seem to be good with computers and is also somewhat related to my dad's field (EE)
>>
File: original.jpg (37KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
37KB, 1136x640px
yes

whats your question
>>
>>18609424
>Get into a shitty public university.
>Do awful, struggle with the courses, too dumb for most of them
>Dad constantly mad at me because of my bad results
>Waste four years of my life in this situation
>All of this while I work daily with him
>The company is very successfull, my dad is making a lot of money. Bough four houses already
>Brother did great in high-school
>He gets in the second best University in the country
>Picks Civil Engineering, even more related to my dad's work

So what the fuck do I do. Am I doomed to be the shadow of both my younger, thiner, better looking and more successful brother and my dad?
Should I just kill myself?
>>
>>18609436
I should also mention that my brother just got into an interchange to another university in another country.
This was my dream as a student. But I never achieved it because I'm a lazy talentless fuck.
>>
>>18609436

you project your shadow into others.

your brother is only a container for your hatred
>>
>>18609448
Ask your dad to mentor you. He's not a deadbeat, have him tell you what his secret sauce is. It's not a coincidence that the son who had a dad is high test. I was high test while my dad was in my life, when he left when I was 12 I started becoming beta and hanging out with druggie losers. I'm just now getting some of my test back.
>>
File: Darcy.jpg (219KB, 902x858px) Image search: [Google]
Darcy.jpg
219KB, 902x858px
>>18609490
While I saw him only once every other month during my childhood, now I see him every single day. I could say he "mentors" me daily. Every day he gives advice or something like that to me. We have some good days and other days he gets mad at me for being slow or dumb at work or for doing bad in school.
I don't live with him though. Still live with my mom.

He just keeps talking about how he sacrificed when he was young. How he kept pulling all nighters many times a week and how hard he studied and how hard he now works.
He also mentions that I will inherit the company and that I should work hard to keep it on track. He has even said stuff around the lines "you're smarter than your brother, you can lead, you have a more assertive personality, you're just lazy".
I get some motivation from those talks every now and then but I guess my depression is too advanced to care anymore.
If I was an american I would drop out everything and join the marines.
>>
Go live on your own away from your parents, be your own man. Don't care about your dad or your brother.
>>
>>18609509
Do you legitimately feel like you have depression?

If so, get tested, and if it's positive, get treated. Everybody underestimates just how much mental illness can affect your motivation, your productivity, and even your intelligence, creativity, and memory.

If you legitimately have this problem, getting it addressed will give you a massive boost. It'll take some trial and error and some time to get it right, but once you do it's like a light switch has been flipped.
>>
>>18609436
Why are you suckling off your dads teet? Do you plan on redeeming your bloodline by being a faithful husband/father, or just want a easy ride?

I think you place too much on economic worth and do what your told to a tragic T.
>>
>>18609436
>Should I just kill myself?
you know, if you did you could blame it in your dad
im sure he would feel awful about it
>>
>>18609509
>He just keeps talking about how he sacrificed when he was young

Your dads a narcissistic piece of shit boomer. Does he think dad's working for Kings over the past thousand years were just lazy? At least they had the moral spine to stick with their family.

You'll go crazy if you stick with this fuck.
>>
your father's habits in daily basis are differente from your mother's in daily basis look that shit also stop being a lazy bitch, how old are you, saying that you should kill yourself is dumb ass teenage behaivor

focus on what you need rather that what you want
>>
>>18609594
I do believe I am depressed. Even my dad thinks so. I stopped thinking about going to therapy during the last five months or so, I was doing alright; I was studying a little, practicing a sport, going to the gym and reading.
But I got down again now that I failed a course just the same week my brother goes to some kind of Harvard.
At least I still go to the gym.
>>
>>18609612
I feel pressure because I am supposed to inherit the company, but then I remember my brother might be more qualified for it, and how much advantage he has had over me all his life, and I just can't deal with the mental contamination.
Worst thing is, he is a really nice guy, he is the sweetest dude ever and I'm kind of an asshole.
>>
I hope you haven't left behind your mom.
>>
>>18609656
I know, I thought I was done with the edgy suicidal thoughts.
Still, every day I try hard to accomplish stuff, but I've been falling behind. Like I said, at least I still go to the gym.
>>
>>18610153
We have a somewhat weak relationship, we're not very close but we're there for each other. I mean, she's mum, and I still live in her house, I think that says a lot about our relationship.
Considering that in my country, I am still in a completely normal age to live with my parent/s, she is not disappointed at me at all, Id say she's proud, by the way she talks to me; but still, she also gets sad and mad at me when and because of my failures.

Both my parents are always there for me, to be honest, but I just hate the situation I'm in.
>>
>>18610150

> I am supposed to inherit the company

do you actually want that? It's not about inheritance or some sense of duty it's about what you fucking want in life.
>>
>>18610177
I don't know what I want in life. I know it's the most overused feeling in the world but I'm honestly confused.

To try to reply to your question: I do want to inherit the company. I even think I could get in charge of it without even having a degree. And I get the feeling that my brother won't even need it, as he will probably be more successful on his own.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.