[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good New England colleges with Dorms? Preferably in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (5KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 209x241px
Any good New England colleges with Dorms? Preferably in Massachusetts :3
>>
I go to worcester state university. Its cheap and has nice programs. If youre a bit more rich you can try Holy Cross.
>>
>>18609255
I go to Fitchburg State and for a state school, it has some really good dorms. I've been in mine for 4 years now, and I've enjoyed it very well. Framingham's don't seem bad, either.
>>
Stay in state and commute, far more affordable. Would you rather graduate with 40k student debt or 250k?
>>
>>18609255
Harvard
>>
>>18609255
Nope, Massachusetts is famous for its sub-par higher education system.

In all seriousness, I grew up in Amherst, MA, a tiny college town about two hours west of Boston, home to a giant, fairly ugly but actually quite good in several departments state university (flagship campus of UMass) and two very different small private colleges (Amherst College, [very expensive, fairly stuffy/preppy, very highly regarded small liberal arts school; historically lots of rich white boys and tennis-playing frat types, although literal fraternities no longer exist there] and Hampshire College [very very expensive "alternative" school, with no grades or traditional majors, encouraging lots of independent work and interdisciplinary stuff; lots of tryhard artsy freak rich kids but also at least a few geniuses]). In adjacent towns, there are also two other well-regarded private colleges (Smith and Mount Holyoke, both expensive, academically serious, women only).

The cool thing about the area is that students of any of these "Five Colleges" can take classes at the others (including the women's schools, even for male students). My brother started at UMass, hated it, started taking classes at Hampshire, and ultimately transferred there, having a good experience. And I know a bunch of people who registered at (and graduated from) UMass and wound up actually taking many of their classes at the other schools, saving a ton of money as in-state public university students.

But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of those to someone looking to get a degree. They all have at least some, and in a few cases many, good programs.
>>
>>18609255
As someone who was born in Boston, Mass, and raised in Lowell, Mass, and had family living in New Hampshire and Maine, believe me when I say that the best thing anyone can do with their lives is stay the fuck out of the North East.

After bailing out of there for a job in the Midwest (I've lived in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and West Virginia), you will never get me back to the coasts for anything but a vacation. It's filled with the super rich (which is fine), people looking to become super rich (who are essentially walking into a meat grinder), and a bunch of people who are pretty much the fucking plebians of Ancient Rome. They aren't bad people, but they are just stupid as fuck.

There is NO reason to live there unless you think you are the 0.01% that is going to walk into the meat grinder and come out on top.
>>
>>18610332
Posting from Amherst MA. I study biochem at UMass. Smith is coed.

>>sub-par higher education system.
Amherst College, Harvard, MIT, Tufts, BU, Hampshire... basically you're wrong as fuck.

>>18610350
You sound weird and jaded. I personally loathe the weather here, but it's a fine area if you're alright with the snow.
>>
>>18610373
>Amherst College, Harvard, MIT, Tufts, BU, Hampshire... basically you're wrong as fuck.
I was joking, my friend. Massachusetts comes up on most lists as the state with the best education system overall, although obviously there are good universities in other places too.
>Smith is coed
Not last time I checked: https://www.smith.edu/about-smith/why-a-womens-college.
It does come up for discussion by the trustees every few years, though.
>>
File: Harvard.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Harvard.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>18609446
This is the only acceptable answer.
>>
If you do find a school to go to, don't stick around after graduation. It's California with unpleasant weather.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.