[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I recently considered going into bounty hunting. Not because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Bounty Hunter.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
Bounty Hunter.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
So, I recently considered going into bounty hunting. Not because of what I have seen on TV, but because I feel that its a little easier than being a police officer. I live in California, and was wanting some advice about it. Any past experience would be helpful. Is it more dangerous than police work? Should I just become a police officer instead?
>>
>>18608742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Er93eqjZqU
have fun dealing with all of the scumbags of society without any of the protection or training that actual law enforcement has.
>>
>>18608748
Yeah, I saw that. These fuckers were a bunch of idiots because they came into the dealership without their vests on. And from what I read up, you have to go through over 40 to 60 hours of training to be able to arrest people. Besides, these two fuckers were fat as fuck and went for their guns instead of a tazer. They looked like they didn't even know what the fuck they were doing.
>>
>>18608742
>Is it more dangerous than police work?

You'd be tracking down criminals who have failed to appear in court, skipped bail, and have gone into hiding so that they don't stand trial. You'll be dealing almost exclusively with violent, drug addicted, pieces of shit every day and your job is to drag them kicking and screaming to the police station. Yes, it's going to be more dangerous than average police work.
>>
>>18608742
I worked for a bail bondsman in Chicago for three years in the late 90s. Its not a good job. The pay is inconsistent and largely dependent on the level of fuck you're bringing in, conflict is constant, and you have neither the backup nor the tools you would need to effectively do the job in a safe and professional manner. You're literally being paid a percentage of what the bondsman would lose if the guy's bail is forfeited and nobody skips on accident.

More to the point, the job is 90% boredom. Does it sound like fun to you to sit in a van with three other guys in a shitty neighborhood for 20 hours, eating junk food and pissing in milk jugs while you wait for Jamal and his buddies to roll up, then suddenly have to separate one piece of shit from a pack of there pieces of shit, all of whom might be armed and are familiar with how hard it is to actually get arrested, through either force or intimidation? Thats the job.
>>
>>18608872
Not OP but sounds like the job for me.
I have a Bachelors in CJ, how do i get started with something like this?
I have no experience with LEO or Military though, i am basically straight out of college.
>>
>>18608877
Call a bail bondsman in your area and ask. The turnover rate is enormous. Be positive you know what you're getting into, though, because its not cool tough guy shit. I referenced the job that made me quit, let me give it to you in detail.

>Guy has three outstanding warrants (one for possession of cocaine with intent, one for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, one for possession of a weapon by a habitual criminal)
>He's actually skipped bail twice
>Like he skipped, got arrested for an unrelated offense, then was GIVEN BAIL AGAIN, which of course he skipped
>post outside of his auntie's house because he isn't giving money to his baby mama and she tipped us off
>Spend twenty hours in a van with the AC off, two other guys
>eating protein bars because they make you constipated, pissing in milk jugs
>a car running or an unfamiliar face on this block would get noticed, so we literally can't leave to stretch our legs
>Eventually see the guy roll up with three other guys
>4 on 3, bad odds to start
>come out, approach, they immediately know whats up, start yelling, now the neighborhood is watching and backup might be coming
>Jamal decides he's going to fight, his friends follow suit
>one of them pulls a gun, points it at me, pulls the trigger
>theres a bang, a flash, and I feel it in my chest, I think I've been shot
>I don't know its a fucking blank and didn't go through my vest
>Hit the guy with a baton, he goes down
>all hell breaks loose
>police happen to have driven by and haul everyone in
>I spend the next eighteen hours being processed and waiting for charges to be filed or dropped
>Its Sunday so the prosecutor's office is bare bones
>Turns out the guy who shot me was a kid, 13, has a hairline fracture in his eye socket so I have to wait for an arraignment because I put a child in the hospital
>Doesn't matter that he shot me and only went to the ER because fuck it why not medicaid is paying for it

cont'd
>>
>>18608910
cont'd

>ADA goes all the way to the arraignment before cutting me lose
>Not proving a point, the case just looked bad and nobody bothered reading the report because fuck it everyone was in custody and it would be someone else's problem tomorrow
>Sign a complaint against Jamal et al
>He gets fucking bail again and some dumb motherfucker posts for him
>Find out later that his grandmother used the same piece of property three times as collateral with three different bondsmen who didn't do their homework

I made less on that job than I do in a day now.
>>
>>18608910
>>18608923
That really sounds like some shit and i definitely understand it is not some tough guy shit. Thanks for your story anon.
>>
>>18608933
Well, technically it is tough guy shit. Most tough guy shit is crap work like that, a lot of it is just romanticized.

Still, it's good he's out of that situation. That sounds like it fucking blows.
>>
>>18608939
>Most tough guy shit is crap work like that, a lot of it is just romanticized.
You got that right.
>>
>>18608910
the american bail system is so baffling. definitely needs an overhaul but we'll never see that.
>>
>>18609000
It's up to the individual judge. Sometimes the judge is just an idiot and other times the local jails are at max capacity and the judge lets an iffy criminal out on bail because there's really nowhere to put them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.